I2S cable recommendation?

jfx

May 1, 2020
Hi I'm looking for I2S recommendations maybe under 500 USD. Not huge fan on Audioquest. Was thinking Phasure may be a good option but would love to hear some suggestions. Using for Rockna Wavelight Server to Wavelight DAC. Ideally <1m. Thanks.

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi I'm looking for I2S recommendations maybe under 500 USD. Not huge fan on Audioquest. Was thinking Phasure may be a good option but would love to hear some suggestions. Using for Rockna Wavelight Server to Wavelight DAC. Ideally <1m. Thanks.
It's hdmi cable format.

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
1. https://stordiau.com/collections/cables-and-more-snakes-oil/products/hdmi-2-i2s-cable
2. https://www.tubulus.net/product/tubulus-argentus-i2s-cable/
3. https://shop.sommercable.com/en/Cable/HiFi-Home/Multimediakabel-EXCELSIOR-BlueWater-EBH4.html

I'm thinking of getting No.2 though CK's recommendation of CC looks delicious too. Going to use it to connect my recent purchase, the Gaia DDC to the Terminator. If anyone has other first hand experience please do share. I have only used a AQ Chocolate before and it was ok. Thank you guys.

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
Revelation Audio Labs advertising on A'gon. He is asking $700 for the 1.25m length but if my experience is any indicator, he'll accept an offer closer to your budget @jfx

jfx

May 1, 2020
Thanks for the heads up Vince. Tough choice.. Revelation cables look good, haven't heard much of Crystal Cable but their HDMI looks well built too.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Revelation Audio Labs advertising on A'gon. He is asking $700 for the 1.25m length but if my experience is any indicator, he'll accept an offer closer to your budget @jfx
Just contacted him on audio gon. Any prior experience with his cables sir.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 14, 2010
Malaysia
Be careful of purchasing RAL new . Delivery maybe an issue . Do search RAL audiogon

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
Just contacted him on audio gon. Any prior experience with his cables sir.
At the behest of several keen members of the PS Audio forum, I purchased a 1.25m example to run as I2S between my CD transport and PS Audio DirectStream DAC. This allowed me to repurpose the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI between our Oppomod 203 and the pre-processor. I still need one more nice HDMI between a new Oppomod I2S output card I added to the UHD-203 and the DirectStream for 2ch SACD and DVD-A playback. I'm leaning toward a 2nd RAL cable for that.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Guys I'm leaning towards the Tubulus Argentus HDMI any impressions from that manufacturer? The Phasure looks good too. Any inputs and personal experiences are highly welcomed and thank you so much.

Jul 31, 2020
Guys I'm leaning towards the Tubulus Argentus HDMI any impressions from that manufacturer? The Phasure looks good too. Any inputs and personal experiences are highly welcomed and thank you so much.
Im on the same quest. The rest of my cables are OCC Silver from Audiosensibility and I absolutely love them. Unfortunately he doesn't offer an HDMI using OCC Silver. I'm using a SOTM unit into a SU-1 then HDMI out into the Rockna Wavedream SE.

I've got both the RAL and Tubulus Argentus on hand.

The RAL looks distinctively handmade (i.e. not finished like a high end cable). It is extremely detailed - moreso than even my AES cable from AudioSens. Great upper mids and up. Lots of air. Huge soundstage and great imaging. Clean clean clean sounding cable. However - it's light on the bottom end, and not the most dense/full sound. More.of an introspective/cinematic listen than a toe tapping.

The Tubulus is the opposite. Well built. Not as detailed as my AES cable (3rd place) but great full sounding lower mid range and bass is extremely clean and powerful. Upper mids and highs lack detail and sheen compared to the other 2. Very little air. This cable is still breaking in but generally you can tell the overall sound of the cable early.

Long story short - 2 different cables. If I could combine them both they'd be perfect but as things stand I'm not 100% satisfied with either however the detail on the RAL is addicting.

I'm hoping WW comes out with an OCC Silver HDMI. They've started using this in the #8 line.

Last edited:

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Not sure if this helps, but I purchased a tubulus phono/power supply umbilical which was custom made for me.

Both cable and service was excellent and a definite upgrade, so I can recommend the company to you at least.

good luck with your search

Jul 31, 2020
Not sure if this helps, but I purchased a tubulus phono/power supply umbilical which was custom made for me.

Both cable and service was excellent and a definite upgrade, so I can recommend the company to you at least.

good luck with your search
Totally agree - fantastic company to deal with

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing