iFi audio DC Blocker - The Official Thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Today we're releasing the first two products in our SilentPower range - the DC Blocker and the GND Defender.

SilentPower.png

https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/
https://ifi-audio.com/products/gnd-defender/

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
DC Blocker

The majority of amplifiers suffer from irritating mechanical transformer hum. The cause? Any incoming mains DC
voltage ranging from 1,000mV to several hundred millivolts.

The DCBlocker is the iFi solution

* Intelligently blocks > 1,000mV DC to eliminate transformer hum
• Safely retains EMI shielding
• Does not affect equipment safety
• Can be used around the globe

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
What are the credentials of the DC Blocker?

* ZERO DC Block technology blocks incoming DC – up to 1,200mV
* Voltage rating 90 – 240 volts
* Maximum current rating > 10A
* Continuous current rating 7A
* Universal IEC
* Hospital-grade IEC connectors
* Dimensions: 68 x 37 x 32 mm / 2.7” x 1.5” x 1.3”
* Weight: 63g / 2.2oz

1616494981619.png

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Would you please explain how your low noise iPower supply works and is different from other switching supplies and how it betters the Linear power supplies in noise, etc..
I‘m looking to upgrade a 12v and 5v power source. Thank you in advance !

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Ah.. more reading and I found this..
”Enjoy clear audio and more defined digital video with the iPower's Active Noise Cancellation, technology derived from military applications that acts similarly to noise cancelling headphones by measuring and inverting the signal from your power supply to create a super quiet noise floor and to filter out spurious frequencies introduced by common household equipment that would interfere or muddy your entertainment experience”

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi Guys,
I completely missed your questions. Did not get a notification. Not sure why.

The DC Blocker does not limit current. Its sole aim is to block the DC leakage. That is why it does it so well.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
@Mikem53
We have installed a separate Anti Noise Cancellation board inside of our iPower and iPowerX. It cleans the noise before it gets rectified into DC. That is the main reason why iPower and iPowerX are so quite. It also gives you more amperage, so that you could drive power-hungry devices. These are what differs iFi power solutions from the other power supplies.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hey Folks, Just sharing some thoughts from HFChoice on the DC Blocker...

Check out what Hi-Fi Choice thought of the original DC Blocker.

https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/DCBlocker_HFC_Oct21_Recommended.pdf

We now also have the New DC Blocker+ available right here...

Cheers!!

rocco1113

Feb 7, 2020

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Folks, just posting some feedback from a customer on his experience with our DC Blocker!

Take a look at what a customer from Glastonbury in the UK said about the DC Blocker, "It works. My Arcam A32 amplifier no longer suffers from transformer hum/buzz at certain times of the day. Brilliant!"

Cheers!!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
@AMR / iFi audio Can I use DC Blocker with Esoteric Grandioso M1 monoblock amplifier ?

It states that "Large bipolar LAPT* transistor components boasting the revolutionary current-supply capacity of 17-ampere continuous action and 34-ampere instantaneous action were adopted for the M1."

Thanks
Just with a first glance I don't see why you couldn't but I would send a quick support message thru our website for absolute confirmation.
If I get any different answer I will post it here as well.

Cheers!!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Folks, Just sharing a review from Stereo Head on the DC Blocker, Enjoy!

https://www.stereo-head.it/2021/04/...tica-ai-problemi-di-alimentazione-recensione/

"IFI’s DC Blocker and GND Defender are two products that take care of the point and solve two problems present in many plants in a direct and immediate way. The cost is not very low, but both work very well and put an end to power problems difficult to solve in my case they immediately eliminated the vibrations of the power amp, a problem that I had been carrying around for a long time, therefore, I found the money spent on the DC blocker the 150 euros best invested in my systems since the buzz was very annoying.”

Just hit translate to read the full review from Matteo.

Thanks to Matteo!

Cheers!!

DC Blocker!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing