iFi Audio iPower Elite PSU - The Official Thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
We would love to present to you our top power supply range, the iPower Elite series.

They feature an extensive voltages range including 5V/5A, 12V/4A, 15V/3,5A and 24V/2,5A. They should cover all of your power needs. Besides looking nice, the iPower Elite utilises a few of our secret sauce ingredients: over-specced parts and Active Noise Canceling 2. Thanks to that, it's not only powerful, but it's also incredibly silent. The output noise is just 1uV, well past what most linear power supplies can achieve.

iPower Elite is compatible with a wide range of devices, not only from iFi Audio. As long as the voltage is the same and the current requirements of the device are equal to or lower than what this PSU can deliver, you are good to go. It's a simple way to elevate the quality of your audio system by eliminating noisy SMPS power supplies that come standard with many devices nowadays.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
What does the low noise mean to you exactly?
A power supply is the base of every signal in the audio chain. noise and interference from it can be introduced to the signal in some way. That's why the whole audio industry aims for the cleanest available power for their devices. But not only audio industry struggles with obtaining pure and clean power. The iPower Elite can be found in a very unlikely place, with a highly sophisticated measurement device. Read more about that, and more on power supplies here:

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I use a few of these on ethernet switches and a modem and I'm very happy with them. I think they've improved my streaming experience.

Interestingly, I tried various high end power cables with them and preferred a basic no-frills cable with this device.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I use a few of these on ethernet switches and a modem and I'm very happy with them. I think they've improved my streaming experience.

Interestingly, I tried various high end power cables with them and preferred a basic no-frills cable with this device.
Did you mean the iPower Elite, or the Holzworth gear? ;)

AUDIODREAM

Feb 7, 2023
With the iPower Elite implemented into a pre amp what are the subtleties that I will potentially hear in the sound' ie soundstage, blacker background etc?

thx

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

SlapEcho

Dec 15, 2021
Yes, all the above and more. Surprisingly they seem to also clean up upstream component sound as well. Similar effect as iFi's AC iPurifiers. I've used other supplies including iFi X series not expecting much of a change since they are SMPS supplies but I was greatly mistaken and was profoundly taken aback with what I heard. Now have 4 powering miscellaneous components. Don't just take my word for it, peep the reviews on Amazon.

AUDIODREAM

Feb 7, 2023
Really appreciate your reply to my question. I'm very new to power supplies. You mostly always hear about Sbooster. So it's refreshing to get a different perspective on products that don't get all the hype.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Really appreciate your reply to my question. I'm very new to power supplies. You mostly always hear about Sbooster. So it's refreshing to get a different perspective on products that don't get all the hype.
Thank you @SlapEcho for explaining :)

@AUDIODREAM Yes, you would expect the effects that you have described in the first post. Better power supply reduces noise, which give darker background, and allows more detail to be reproduced. Also a good power supply will have lower ripple (more stable voltage) which makes the electronics work "easier", further improving the resulting sound :)

AUDIODREAM

Feb 7, 2023
Thank you @SlapEcho for explaining :)

@AUDIODREAM Yes, you would expect the effects that you have described in the first post. Better power supply reduces noise, which give darker background, and allows more detail to be reproduced. Also a good power supply will have lower ripple (more stable voltage) which makes the electronics work "easier", further improving the resulting sound :)
Looking forward to it, just ordered the iFi iPower Elite.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Baby steps. OTOH why delay the inevitable? ;)

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Has anyone tried a ifi Nova or Super Nova power cable with the iFi POWER Elite. And what difference have you noticed if so?
Thank you
I would like to advise the Power Station first. Even if that means that the purchase is delayed in time. Please, let me explain. The Power Station has much more utility: it cleans up the mains like the SupaNova, but also gives you protection for your gear, and replaces the usually not-the-greatest power strips. You will get much more from this investment. Something to consider :)

AUDIODREAM

Feb 7, 2023
I already have a Power conditioner. Not as expensive as the iFi Power Station but financially just right for my modest system. Like the iFi expert said before, "Small steps.". Nonetheless, I truly appreciate all the advice and help I've received since joining the forum. Thank you.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I already have a Power conditioner. Not as expensive as the iFi Power Station but financially just right for my modest system. Like the iFi expert said before, "Small steps.". Nonetheless, I truly appreciate all the advice and help I've received since joining the forum. Thank you.
You are welcome :) Don't hesitate if you have any other questions. Feel free to try the mentioned power cables, you can always return them, if they are not up to your standards :)

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Finally got my iFi iPower supply... Is there a burn-in period and if so can anyone share their experiences thank you.
None of any significance in my experience. Also worth noting that mine didn't sound as good with aftermarket power cables. Stick with stock or something like the stock in a different length if you need it.
Hosa makes a good basic 14awg OFC power cable that's available on Amazon in different lengths. I use them with my iFi power supplies.

SlapEcho

Dec 15, 2021
I agree with no significant burn-in changes attributed to the iPower Elite over time. I'm surprised about the aftermarket cables. Running them with Shunyata Venom V10 NR's...works/sounds great to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing