iFi audio NOVA and SUPANOVA: The Official Thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
GREAT power cable for the money!
"iFi is making a name for themselves with some of their products and this should be one of them. I am using the Nova with a power conditioner and it definitely improved the sound with greater body and resolution, I am even hearing the venue or space of the recording much better. It is wise to use such a cable when you have a decent system to begin with or you may not notice its full potential. Very happy with mine!"

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R38HZZ4GIO2ANJ

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
I ordered a Nova and Supanova from Amazon. I replaced the stock AC cable on my Furman Elite-15 PFi power conditioner with the Supanova. The Furman feeds my EtherRegen, exaSound PlayPoint and e32 DAC. All three of these devices have Teddy Pardo linear power supplies, so there's a lot of conditioning going on. Nevertheless, adding the Supanova kicked the sound quality up immediately, and only got better with break-in. Darker background, more detail, tighter bass, more distinct high frequencies, better soundstage layering. It's never coming off.

Unfortunately, I did not have the same luck with the Nova. I tried it on the three components above, as well as the dual linear power supply that feeds the Silent Angel N8 and opticalModule Deluxe v2. It did not suit any of these, which was a huge surprise to me after my positive experience with the Supa, and I returned it for a refund.

I also use an iFi AC iPurifier in my main system, in parallel with my vintage Meitner monoblocks. I had had mixed results with the AC iPurifier in several other locations in my system. Sometimes it helped a little, sometimes did nothing. Used in the same receptacle as my power amps, it is fantastic. Cleans up the sound nicely and doesn't restrict dynamics the way the Furman high power outlets did.

The PowerStation is on my shopping list, to replace the Furman PST-8 that feeds my network gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
you can order direct from ifi audio.

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
you can order direct from ifi audio.
I don't think I can from Canada. The "Buy" button on their site just goes into an endless loop. Besides, two-day free shipping and hassle-free returns at Amazon are nice features.

There are iFi dealers in Canada, one of whom I've dealt with and had a very positive experience. (I have several iFi products in my four audio systems.)

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I ordered a Nova and Supanova from Amazon. I replaced the stock AC cable on my Furman Elite-15 PFi power conditioner with the Supanova. The Furman feeds my EtherRegen, exaSound PlayPoint and e32 DAC. All three of these devices have Teddy Pardo linear power supplies, so there's a lot of conditioning going on. Nevertheless, adding the Supanova kicked the sound quality up immediately, and only got better with break-in. Darker background, more detail, tighter bass, more distinct high frequencies, better soundstage layering. It's never coming off.

Unfortunately, I did not have the same luck with the Nova. I tried it on the three components above, as well as the dual linear power supply that feeds the Silent Angel N8 and opticalModule Deluxe v2. It did not suit any of these, which was a huge surprise to me after my positive experience with the Supa, and I returned it for a refund.

I also use an iFi AC iPurifier in my main system, in parallel with my vintage Meitner monoblocks. I had had mixed results with the AC iPurifier in several other locations in my system. Sometimes it helped a little, sometimes did nothing. Used in the same receptacle as my power amps, it is fantastic. Cleans up the sound nicely and doesn't restrict dynamics the way the Furman high power outlets did.

The PowerStation is on my shopping list, to replace the Furman PST-8 that feeds my network gear.
Thanks for providing your thoughts and impressions here on the Nova and SuperNova, we always appreciate valuable thoughts and experiences, and it helps other members make decisions.

Glad you were able to return the cable that didn't work out, and I always recommend that if possible buying from a vendor with a no-questions-asked return policy is best practice, in this hobby it's almost a prerequisite!

Cheers!!

Bubba

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing