iFi audio ZEN One Signature - The Official Thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

If you are still working on your 2022 goals here is One.

ZEN One Signature​

iFIi_ZEN-One-Signature_photos_211112003.jpg

Our ZEN One Signature takes the DAC stage from the ZEN DAC V2, adds S/PDIF inputs (optical and coaxial) alongside the USB port, stirs in Bluetooth technology from the ZEN Blue V2 and seasons the pot with Signature-grade circuit enhancements to create a delicious audio brew.
The result? The ZEN One Signature is a pure DAC (no built-in headphone amp and volume control) that serves as a home audio hub for all your digital devices, from smartphones and tablets to PCs and Macs, disc players and audio servers to TVs and games consoles.

Home Hub DAC​

The ZEN One Signature is the first ZEN DAC to support all hi-res: DSD256, PCM384, MQA384kHz, Bluetooth 96KHz.

• 96kHz Hi-Res Bluetooth: LDAC, HWA/LHDC, aptX Adaptive/HD/LL, AAC
  • USB audio using 16 Core 2000MIPS XMOS low latency microcontroller (MQA decoder)
  • Fully balanced 4.4mm output
Purity of design, no headphone amp, no volume control. The ultimate DAC for all your home audio sources.

IFI_ZEN_ONE_LIFESTYLE-3_Lights.png

HD Bluetooth​

The next-generation HD Bluetooth technology in the ZEN One Signature ensures the best sound from every source. Extensive high-definition codec support – aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, LDAC and HWA/LHDC.

Discerning Digital​

The ZEN One Signature offers the following to transform home music enjoyment:

• True Native hi-res DAC – supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM and fully native DSD
  • Powerful 16-core XMOS processor – performs full MQA decoding (to 384kHz)
  • Upgraded GMT femto-precision clock and customised digital filter eradicate jitter and other forms of digital distortion
  • Optical and coaxial S/PDIF digital outputs support 32-bit/192kHz PCM and MQA

Awesome Analogue​

Balanced circuitry is what the ZEN series is famed for. The ZEN One Signature continues the tradition:
  • Balanced circuit design with Signature-grade circuit components delivers ultra-low distortion and exceptional sonic purity
  • 4mm Balanced and RCA single-ended analogue outputs – connect to an integrated amp, preamp, headphone amp or active speakers

Zen-One-Sig-2.jpg

Signature Special​

The Signature series always includes extra special additions:

• Low-jitter femto clock crystal provides >20dB performance
  • 16 Core 2000MIPS XMOS low-latency microcontroller – 4x more processing power
  • C0G capacitors – high-linearity, excellent temperature/frequency characteristics
  • MELF resistors – high-precision and low-noise
  • Taiyo Yuden and Murata inductors – low-impedance power supply rails
  • High-gain antenna for extended range

Autopiloten

Mar 2, 2023
Dear @AMR / iFi audio
I have have an issue with my Zen One Signature, Zen Stream and Tidal combo, where the Zen One Ifi display will stay green in stead of change to white as expected when I change Tidal tracks from green MQA to HiFi.
If I then change track to a blue MQA and the go back to the same previous HiFi track, then it changes to white as it’s supposed to.
Do you have an explanation or a solution to this.?

Another minor detail is that the input led (kHz) on the Zen One shows green in stead of yellow. It’s not even supposed to be able to show green.?!

Edit :
The Ifi logo colour issue with it remaining green has sorted itself out just by powering everything off and on again.
However the green colour in the input led (kHz) remains. It should only be able to show the colours yellow, white, cyan and red.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 704BFB68-D83A-4794-8BB3-15A566232D13.jpeg
    704BFB68-D83A-4794-8BB3-15A566232D13.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 4
  • D0A43CD2-B82E-4070-AF7F-7A5BA5E344FF.jpeg
    D0A43CD2-B82E-4070-AF7F-7A5BA5E344FF.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Dear @AMR / iFi audio
I have have an issue with my Zen One Signature, Zen Stream and Tidal combo, where the Zen One Ifi display will stay green in stead of change to white as expected when I change Tidal tracks from green MQA to HiFi.
If I then change track to a blue MQA and the go back to the same previous HiFi track, then it changes to white as it’s supposed to.
Do you have an explanation or a solution to this.?

Another minor detail is that the input led (kHz) on the Zen One shows green in stead of yellow. It’s not even supposed to be able to show green.?!

Edit :
The Ifi logo colour issue with it remaining green has sorted itself out just by powering everything off and on again.
However the green colour in the input led (kHz) remains. It should only be able to show the colours yellow, white, cyan and red.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hello! Could you please send us a message mentioning your firmware number, so we can discuss some details regarding the issue? :)

Lucas2270

Apr 10, 2023
Hello @AMR / iFi audio

Just purchase the Ifi Zen One Signature DAC.
I have some questions:

1. Is a burn-in period required? If so, how long is this period and which sound improvements does it bring?
2. Is it normal for the on/off button to only turn on the device if pressed twice? This is odd and annoying. I have a short video with this issue but apparently video formats cannot be uploaded to this forum.

Thx.

jmendes

Oct 19, 2022
Hello @AMR / iFi audio

Just purchase the Ifi Zen One Signature DAC.
I have some questions:

1. Is a burn-in period required? If so, how long is this period and which sound improvements does it bring?
2. Is it normal for the on/off button to only turn on the device if pressed twice? This is odd and annoying. I have a short video with this issue but apparently video formats cannot be uploaded to this forum.

Thx.
Hi - you do a Short press to turn on and a Long press to turn off (see User Guide). Burn-in can be a somewhat controversial subject for some. I found the DAC to sound quite good out of the box, but I did run mine continuously for a week and felt it sounded better - but that's my ears, in my room, with my setup. Your milage may vary. There are people who never turn off their DACs. Personally I would just keep it on and see how you feel it sounds after a certain length of time. I used it primarily with the Zen Stream which I also kept on continuously for a week with the DAC.

The AMR/iFi team might have a more technical explanation, but that was my experience.

Jim

Lucas2270

Apr 10, 2023
Hi - you do a Short press to turn on and a Long press to turn off (see User Guide). Burn-in can be a somewhat controversial subject for some. I found the DAC to sound quite good out of the box, but I did run mine continuously for a week and felt it sounded better - but that's my ears, in my room, with my setup. Your milage may vary. There are people who never turn off their DACs. Personally I would just keep it on and see how you feel it sounds after a certain length of time. I used it primarily with the Zen Stream which I also kept on continuously for a week with the DAC.

The AMR/iFi team might have a more technical explanation, but that was my experience.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Thanks for recommending leaving the device on for a period of time to break-in.
With regards to the on/off button, I did exactly as you describe, but it won't turn on unless I do multiple short presses which is kind of odd. Not sure if this is a soft issue or simply a mechanical flaw.
I'll wait to see what AMR/ifi has to say about it.

Cheers,
Mike

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Thanks for recommending leaving the device on for a period of time to break-in.
With regards to the on/off button, I did exactly as you describe, but it won't turn on unless I do multiple short presses which is kind of odd. Not sure if this is a soft issue or simply a mechanical flaw.
I'll wait to see what AMR/ifi has to say about it.

Cheers,
Mike
I agree with the response above - if you just leave the DAC on, the break-in period will be of no concern. Personally, all my audio devices are always on. :)

Regarding the button - what happens when you press the button just once, then wait a few seconds for it to turn on? Have you taken the issue up with Customer Support?

Lucas2270

Apr 10, 2023
I agree with the response above - if you just leave the DAC on, the break-in period will be of no concern. Personally, all my audio devices are always on. :)

Regarding the button - what happens when you press the button just once, then wait a few seconds for it to turn on? Have you taken the issue up with Customer Support?
Thanks for the response. I left it on today, all good there.
If I press the button once, and I wait for a bit, nothing happens. So, there is no lag issue.
I talked to the customer care at the AV store I purchased the DAC from and they told me to send them the unit to test it. I also sent them the video I made. I will probably ask them to replace the unit. The purpose of my post is to raise awareness and see if this is a common flaw so that Ifi Support Team can properly address it. I've been using Ifi products since 2017 and this is the first time having issues.

Thanks,
Mike

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thanks for the response. I left it on today, all good there.
If I press the button once, and I wait for a bit, nothing happens. So, there is no lag issue.
I talked to the customer care at the AV store I purchased the DAC from and they told me to send them the unit to test it. I also sent them the video I made. I will probably ask them to replace the unit. The purpose of my post is to raise awareness and see if this is a common flaw so that Ifi Support Team can properly address it. I've been using Ifi products since 2017 and this is the first time having issues.

Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike, I'm glad to hear our products haven't been posing issues for such a long time. Please let me know how your case progresses. If the store doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our customer support:

https://support.ifi-audio.com/customer/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing