In love with spectral

beeswax50

Apr 5, 2017
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Hello again!
I have recently hearing the Spectral DMA100s series 2 in my personal system.
Surprise of surprises I preferred my old DMA90 series 2. I think the 100 is more refined and sophisticated, but I preferred the old one: dense, precise, with a more sense of rhythm and fuller bass.
Just my 2c.
Regards!
Here's more love for the DMA-90 amplifier, found in a now-expired Ebay listing for a DMA-90, 220-volt version:
[ https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectral-D...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 ]

".... I consider this amp to be more musical than the DMA 100s that Spectral replaced it with. The control and speed of this amplifier is astonishing and [it] is able to control even very demanding speakers, with an iron fist.

Been playing it today into some extremely demanding speakers and it hasn't be been lacking, making very good and realistic music...."

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
what would be his weak point? have you had occasion to compare the transport with a modern one? have you had occasion to compare the transport with a modern one?
Sorry just saw this. Age is the weak point and anything that goes with it, like laser life or worn belts, power supply caps etc. I’ve had a 3000 for many years before the 3000SL now, which I sent to the factory for review before purchasing.

Noctilux

Jul 21, 2020
In these days I had the opportunity to try a pair of MIT-Spectral UL Reference 770 cables in my system.
I never imagined I could do a more significant upgrade, the sonic result is something totally satisfying and exceeding my expectations. A step forward even without changing the power amplifier or other components.
As is also recommended by Spectral itself, after all, I suggest everyone to create Spectral system taking seriously all wiring.
Regards!

Reactions: Robertd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing