Incoming CSPort TAT1 M2 Turntable with Two Tonearms and The Phasemation EA-2000 Phono Stage

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
After more than 10 years of heavy rotation in my main system, the Brinkmann Balance turntable is gone. I am currently using the Thorens TD 124/II which normally resides in my office system.

As mentioned in the thread relating to my visit at Ana Mighty Sound (AMS) https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/analogue-heaven-in-paris-my-visit-to-ana-mighty-sound.33552/, I ordered my dream vinyl combo consisting of a CSPort TAT1 turntable with two tonearms (CSPort linear tracking and SAT LM-12) and the Phasemation EA-2000 phono stage.

I just got the confirmation that CSPort is shipping the turntable to Europe today. So hopefully, I will have it delivered and skilfully set up by AMS before Christmas.

The phono stage, the second tonearm and the associated cartridge will be delivered during the first quarter of next year.

Stay tuned...

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow! Those are very exciting developments! Congratulations!

What about the Brinkmann Balance did you ultimately feel was lacking, or what prompted you to move away from it?

Last edited:

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Wow! Those are very exciting developments! Congratulations!

What about the Brinkmann Balance did you ultimately feel was lacking, or what prompted you to move away from it?

Hi Ron,

The Brinkmann is a great turntable and I never felt it was lacking anything especially with the SAT LM-09 tonearm until I listened to the CSPort LFT1.

I could not make a direct comparison but I compared the CSPort against the AMG Viella Forte which is the closest to the Balance in terms of design and musical rendition. The CSPort LFT1 just blew me. I had the chance to listen to 11 turntables during my stay at AMS (among others: Thrax Yatrus, Reed Muse 3C, AMG Viella and Viella Forte, Dohmann Elix 2, CSPort TAT2 and LFT1), the LFT1 was just a league above all the other ones. As I wanted a two tonearms combo, the TAT1 M2 was the ideal choice. It is basically the LFT1 without the separate tonearm module.

CSPort has given me the technical drawings with the two tonearms. They mention the SAT CF1-12 but it will be the LM-12 which is identical geometry wise. Via AMS, Marc gomez from SAT has communicated all the technical drawings to CSPort so they could precisely design and cut the arm board.

In the coming days, Stacore will send me an upgrade for the Advanced Platform so in I can convert it into an Advanced Cryo-Max in order to increase the load it can sustain as the complete combo will weigh around 80 Kg.

Kind regards,

DCC

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you very much for the explanation!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
........The CSPort LFT1 just blew me...........the LFT1 was just a league above all the other ones. As I wanted a two tonearms combo, the TAT1 M2 was the ideal choice. It is basically the LFT1 without the separate tonearm module.

CSPort has given me the technical drawings with the two tonearms. They mention the SAT CF1-12 but it will be the LM-12 which is identical geometry wise. Via AMS, Marc gomez from SAT has communicated all the technical drawings to CSPort so they could precisely design and cut the arm board.
i have to say i agree. something very special about the CS Port. and i could see how the SAT might be a perfect compliment to the CS Port linear tracker too. nice package.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
i have to say i agree. something very special about the CS Port. and i could see how the SAT might be a perfect compliment to the CS Port linear tracker too. nice package.

Hi Mike,

Unlike my previous analog setup where I took a leap of faith without prior auditioning the Brinkmann Balance turntable and the SAT LM-09 tonearm, I wanted to buy in confidence after some comprehensive listening sessions.

I auditioned the LFT1 quite extensively and I believe that the TAT1 with the linear tracking tonearm should be very close.

Having had the SAT LM-09 for several years, I felt confident ordering its 12 inch version. I still vividly remember the giant leap forward when I swapped the SMEV for the SAT tonearm on the Brinkmann.

I had the Phasemation EA-2000 in my system for a full day and it was a blast.

Interestingly, I auditioned the LFT1 with the Thrax Orpheus phono stage and the latter took a beating when I compared it against the Phasemation EA-2000 in my system with the Brinkmann Balance. I suspect that when I will have the full combo, this will be even more impressive than my initial listening of the LFT1.

Kind regards,

Denis

Last edited:

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Santa arrived a week earlier this year.

François from Ana Mighty Sound (AMS) has brought not only the turntable but also his demo Phasemation EA-2000 phono stage (mine will arrive in January).

But before setting the new turntable. The Stacore Advance Platform had to be upgraded so it could sustain a heavier load. Thanks to Jarek, I have now the latest "Cryo-Ultra" version which can take up to 110 Kg. The cups and the top plate were replaced.

Jarek also sent me base so I could recycle the cups and the top plate into a Roller Platform that is sitting on the secondary rack where the NADAC combo has migrated.

To be followed...

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
François and Fred have finalised the set up of the turntable.

After some listening with the Allnic phono stage, we swapped for the Phasemation EA-2000. The two power supplies are hidden behind the rack.

Though the second tonearm won't arrive before February, we are spending most of the weekend listening to different carts and also testing several tonearm cables.

benito

Jul 23, 2018
France
Wonderful Denis !!!
You need to update your avatar as well

Last edited:

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Having had the SAT LM-09 for several years, I felt confident ordering its 12 inch version. I still vividly remember the giant leap forward when I swapped the SMEV for the SAT tonearm on the Brinkmann.
I don’t want to spoil your recent upgrade but I highly recommend SAT CF1-09 instead of 12” LM. Actually I even recommend your existing SAT LM-09 instead of 12” version. Not all but most tonearms’ 9” versions are better than identical 12” counterparts

Reactions: Zeotrope

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Except that a 9 inch will not fit with the CSPort because of the larger size of the platter. At my request, CSPort has done all the CAD simulations as I was hoping to keep my current SAT tonearm. I have no other option but to take a 12 inch tonearm.

AudioAbe

Jun 10, 2021
UK
Looks like a Graceline phono cable on the left (familiar as I also have one - from Francois at Ana Mighty!).

This is an astonishingly good analog front end. Wow.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
what a nice set up!

Today I was having a tonearm cable comparison, trying to find a good match for my EA-2000.
Currently I like most the SAEC Triple C cables, so I am waiting for the new Phasemation cables to be shipped to Europe soon.
Phasemation is launching new Triple C Phonocables as well and I am looking forward to give them a try on my EA-2000.

Currently I do have a second T-2000 step up and a Consolidated Audio 1:10 copper step up for high resistance carts.

Looks very similar to your EA-2000 set up.

I would love to hear the CS-Port turntable, unfortunately nearly impossible in Germany. NL and F are better supported :) .

Reactions: amadeus and dcc

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
You are in for a real treat, ours is being shipped next month.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing