Internet Radio

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Have had low res XM Radio for years and it sounds OK using my Luxman Audio CDP dac. Considering buying a good quality internet radio component (using Lux dac) for my main system to access free stations. Listen to classical and jazz. Would connect via my TDS WIFI or other hardwire options. Cable boxes approx. 20 feet from the audio system. Two questions.

1) XM is broadcast at about 320 kbs. How would good sounding internet stations sound compare to my XM?

2) Avalabilty of free, decent quality jazz and classical stations? Preferably commercial free. Please post your favorites if you have any.

Many thanks for any help and input.

Gordon

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing