Introducing the All-new Center Stage Ultra TT Feet for Turntables and Center Stage Ultra TD Feet for Tape Decks

rdg

Aug 12, 2020
I recently upgraded the footers underneath my Antipodes Oladra to 2M footers, with great results, but I now think I should have got some TTs? Which version would you recommend for the Oladra, which weighs 21kg?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I recently upgraded the footers underneath my Antipodes Oladra to 2M footers, with great results, but I now think I should have got some TTs? Which version would you recommend for the Oladra, which weighs 21kg?
The Ultra TT and TD from what I understand are basically the same. The TT however has auto balance which obviates need for shims as well as having height adjustment .

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
The Oladra would be the perfect component for the TTs because the Oladra is the source off the signal path. Getting the signal right from the beginning nets vast musical value. If you liked the 2Ms, you'll love the TTs. Yes, they were designed for turntables, but their positive effects are not limited to a specific component.

rdg

Aug 12, 2020
The Oladra would be the perfect component for the TTs because the Oladra is the source off the signal path. Getting the signal right from the beginning nets vast musical value. If you liked the 2Ms, you'll love the TTs. Yes, they were designed for turntables, but their positive effects are not limited to a specific component.
Thanks. Will look to get some TTs!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
No, you didn't miss anything. Our current webmaster sucks, in my opinion. We're in the midst of building a new site with a new designer and all will be there.

Attached is some basic Ultra-Q info. In addition to the new Ultra-Q architecture, the new Ultra--Diamond and Ultra-Platinum filters are now dual-zone 12-stage damping systems with the damping calculated down to 10/thousandths of an inch, like the feet. The Sapphire is a dual zone 5-stage damping filter.

These improvements (Ultra-Q architecture and upgraded damping systems) put the Ultra-Q at/near the same performance level as our most expensive systems at 1/2 the price. To be honest, we knew we had to increase prices because of inflation, but we decided to go for swing-for-the-fences improvements in performance. The new Ultra series helps components develop extraordinarily realistic reproduction. We busted our butts to make these invisible in the sonic envelope...no thumbprint...just music. Check out these reviews from their maiden voyage at CapFest 2022. The Ultra-Q with the Ultra filters were in the VAC room and the Voice That Is room.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-2022-capital-audio-fest/

https://www.enjoythemusic.com/Capital_Audiofest_2022/Weaver/CAF_Top_5/
Hi Joe,
I'm one of the CMS Center Stage users/fans in Hong Kong and Leo Tsang is a very good common friend of you & me.

May I know how soon will the CMS new website be launched?

If it's not yet ready, how about you posting some of the brochures of the new Ultra Q rack and the Center Stage footers here on WBF?
Some info such as the dimensions, weight loading limits ...etc are essential for the potential buyers in HK.

Many thanks in advance?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
From my frd who is using Ultra TT on his Artisan Fidelity Garrard.

IMG-20230521-WA0015.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Steve,
May we know how heavy a set of Ultra TT can support?
And what's the optimal load?
Thanks!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Steve,
May we know how heavy a set of Ultra TT can support?
And what's the optimal load?
Thanks!
I have Ultra TT under all of my components including my heavy amps and power supplies. I think this series is the best product Joe has brought to market

Reactions: CKKeung

Big B

May 4, 2014
You may want to look Iso acoustics. They do the same thing but a lot cheaper.

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Hi Joe,
I'm one of the CMS Center Stage users/fans in Hong Kong and Leo Tsang is a very good common friend of you & me.

May I know how soon will the CMS new website be launched?

If it's not yet ready, how about you posting some of the brochures of the new Ultra Q rack and the Center Stage footers here on WBF?
Some info such as the dimensions, weight loading limits ...etc are essential for the potential buyers in HK.

Many thanks in advance?
Please tell our very good friend, Leo, I said hello! He is a learned gentleman.

We're putting the final touches on the site, but we're probably a few weeks out.

A person who has evolved to your level of listening should focus on the ultra Series. These can be used with any component in the signal path. The information you request is on page 1 of this thread.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
For the past 65 years, I have been on a quest to continually improve my audio system until the day I retire, My only requirement was that I did not buy any equipment unless I could pay for it in full. Through my multitude of systems, footers have been an ongoing part of this journey, which formally began with Steve Mc Cormack's TipToes, Nordost footers, floatation platforms, Vibraplanes and Still Points, with mixed results, but none achieving the level I was dreaming about.

My long time audio buddy Steve Williams had been a major proponent of CMS racks, which I had heard at his house, called me and asked if I wanted to be a beta tester for Joe Lavrencik, Owner and chief designer of Critical Mass Systems who had some new component footers to be evaluated. I was honored to be offered the opportunity to further explore this area of interest I knew was important, but was also passionately seeking more knowledge.

The original footers had a terrible/painful break-in, to the point you had to essentially not listen for 3-4 weeks, because the negative swings sounded so bad, but yet once broken in, made a significant sonic improvement.

Soon after the initial model, Joe developed the model 2 version of the footers, for which I was once again a beta tester. The model 2 was much better than the initial model in every way with a substantially shorter break-in period and even greater improvements in the sound, especially with regard to noise floor and much better sound articulation. I upgraded all of my footers to the new model two and decided that the CMS footers are an essential core component to my system, period!!

Fairly quickly after releasing the Model 2 version, he made some more design changes and rereleased them as 2M’s which I also served as a beta tester for. Once again, at Joe’s recommendation, I replaced my model two footers with the 2M’s. I thought I was done with buying footers, but that was not the case because with the urging of Steve Williams I bought 8 LS 1.5 speaker footers, and had my 600 pound speaker cabinets modified to accommodate the footers. This addition produced the greatest sonic improvement compared to all of my previous footer tests to date. I was now sure I was done and began writing that the CMS footers were essential to any high level system and put them under all of my components, now including my speakers.

The design of the LS speaker footers was quite different from the first three models, and also broke in much more rapidly and smoothly and made such a massive improvement in my system sound, probably exceeding the benefits from having 2M’s under all of my components. Then Joe reached out to both Steve and me to be beta testers for his newest footers, the Ultra TT footers which are basically scaled down versions of the speaker footers and Joe’s first effort in the area of turntable footers.

I decided to finish my bucket list system, I needed to get a better turntable that did not have tolerance problems from salt deposits from the saltwater in front and behind my house. I just received my new turntable, the first and only customer owned ARS Machinae turntable in the world. The ARS was set up by its designer and owner, who flew in from Germany, with the assistance of Gary Leeds of Hear This fame, and one of my key audio guru’s .

My ARS Machinae turntable is simply visually stunning piece of functional audio gear, actually more like a piece of industrial art. But what is even better is that Ralf Woelfel’s design centers around his knowledge as a mechanical engineer, a material scientist and head of engineering for a firm that is totally focused on very precise CNC vibration mitigation and hopefully vibration elimination. Combined with the aesthetic design of his wife Alexandra Krug, I ended up with an amazing turntable and a piece of art that commands attention when you enter the room. I had a My Sonic Lab Signature Platinum cartridge installed in the 12’ partially controlled unipivot arm and the only Westminster Lab phono stage in existence in my Westminster Lab Quest preamp. To sum it up, it is simply the best analog arm I have every heard, making it an incredibly tough challenge for Joe’s latest footer model, the Ultra TT, designed specifically for turntables.

My position is quite simple with this TT— my analog arm certainly matches any analog arm I have ever heard, regardless of price, AND, quite likely exceeds everything else I have heard, even without the footers. I say this to establish how high the bar is for the footers to be able to add to an already amazing analog arm. Linked with the class A Westminster Lab sound that I have throughout the signal path, including the phono section. Even without any footers under the turntable, I simple had the best analog sound I have ever heard, far exceeding what I thought was possible.

When I put in the CMS Ultra TT, footers in I heard a virtually instant benefit that was already quite established at 15 minutes. Although they broke in fast, I wanted to give them some time and waited almost a month before extensive listening to evaluate them under a turntable.any sonic shifts.

I really do not know how to describe what I am now hearing through my analog arm because it is not an extrapolation of sound I had before. Plain and simple, it is a cohesive sound that is so integrated, yet precise and lightening fast, that I am in total awe, something that does not happen easily to me with audio!!!

As I revisit albums I have not heard for more than 3 years, I keep having the same reaction, regardless of the recording and pressing—it is so much more believable than previously and totally transports me to audio bliss virtually instantaneously

I ended up buying more Ultra TT footers to go under all of my components, and use my review set under the turntable. The impact of the Ultra TT footers is probably the best sonic improvement I have ever gotten for the money since moving into the top notch system category. Put simply, as good as my system is, it would not be producing the amazing sound it is producing without the CMS Ultra TT footers used throughout. I certainly would not have the level of analog that I now have, that is the best in my many years of exposure to ultra high end analog arms.

I would love to give more examples of the sonic shift from putting the Ultra TT footers under the most amazing turntable I have ever heard, but I am still adjusting to the totally new sonic spectrum that is created by the CMS Ultra TT footers and my ARS Machinae turntable and arm, not to mention the amazing Westminster Lab phono stage.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpeg
    IMG_1251.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 40

delphi17

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2021
Just wondering if the TT can be used under speakers.
I know there is the LS version, but as the LS is very limited in application, if it doesn't work, then I would have to sell it.
With the TT , I know I will be able to allocate it to another unit if needed.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
Just wondering if the TT can be used under speakers.
I know there is the LS version, but as the LS is very limited in application, if it doesn't work, then I would have to sell it.
With the TT , I know I will be able to allocate it to another unit if needed.
The short answer is most likely, but can you please provide the name of the loudspeakers for my reference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing