Iphone is easily overloaded

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I’ve tried a few times to record with my iPhone.. I currently have the iPhone 12 and made a few attempts at recording with mixed results. Received some tips from helpful WBF members which helped.
Im surprised it can sound as good as it does considering it’s design and intended use. Some of these horn systems really shine and are playing quite loud during recording..
Here is one @bonzo75 posted that I listened to a hundred times on my main system. The bass from these horns are amazing And are captured really well. It also shows the weakness in the Bass horns as the air ramps up slowly, seems unnatural and lethargic But oh so smooth sounding.. A great way to experience the system thousands of miles away in spite of any shortcomings..
anybody know which recording this is.. ? Would love to compare the bass..

That's a fantastic video and possibly the best system I never heard, since it's in Russia, but that is not an iPhone recording. There is a very detailed thread on Murat's journey on DIY audio. The way he wrote, analyzed, the speed with which he moved, and conducted himself across forums, very dispassionately discussing his experience was amazing.

Reactions: Mikem53

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
That's a fantastic video and possibly the best system I never heard, since it's in Russia, but that is not an iPhone recording. There is a very detailed thread on Murat's journey on DIY audio. The way he wrote, analyzed, the speed with which he moved, and conducted himself across forums, very dispassionately discussing his experience was amazing.
Thank you, Amazing system and sound as I’ve listened to all his vids. He has some nice equipment , tape too. Can you comment on the bass horns used and their characteristics ?
I noticed superhiend moved to different bass horns later on, would have liked to have heard Katyucha with the other horns.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thank you, Amazing system and sound as I’ve listened to all his vids. He has some nice equipment , tape too. Can you comment on the bass horns used and their characteristics ?
I noticed superhiend moved to different bass horns later on, would have liked to have heard Katyucha with the other horns.

Superhiend is a friend of his who does the videos.

So he didn't move on from there. Murat was experimenting with different drivers, he ended up with BD4 AER and goto for the lows, he also had goto in the highs at one point, went up to 8 way and came back down to 2 and 3. I can't confirm which driver is in which video. The above one is probably from his goto era

Reactions: Mikem53

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing