Is Purell effective?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
While watching the news I heard that there is no evience Purell is effective in preventing the spread of many common communicable diseases such as Eboli.
Where does this leave us?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
No surprise. It works against bacteria, not viruses.

Reactions: ack

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Public perception is a bitch.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Wash your hands more often.

Also, don't touch your face when you're in public, most colds and flus are picked up via a contaminated surface to hand to mouth or eye. I'll often lean against doors to open them rather than touch the handles, and in a restroom you can use the towel used to dry your hands to open the door.

Reactions: Al M.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
It is amazing how once the weather gets cold everyone seems to get sick. I haven’t been 100% in a month and I am not around a lot of people since I am retired. However, just going to the supermarket or any other store or entertainment center exposes one to the world of bacteria and virus. Not much you can do but try to avoid hand to mouth, as Dave said.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It does make you wonder if a lot of viruses stay dormant throughout the year but somehow know when it's winter. I mean they know how to hide in your spine and come back when the coast is clear... why not be reverse snowbirds?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Anyone try Purrell as a cable tweak? You know, to clean the germs off of the connectors?

Reactions: Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing