Is this a good place to talk about Vimbergs ?

Biketony

Nov 6, 2019
New owner of vimberg Tondas here. Absolutely love them. Have Had them 10 days.

Attachments

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
Congrats. I heard them at 2019 AXPONA thought they were very good.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
How would you describe them? Before buying them were you able to hear them with different amps?

Biketony

Nov 6, 2019
Steve59-
clean, detailed, but very musical, I‘m running them with audio research ref 6 pre and 160M mono blocks. But listened to them at my local shop in Royal oak Michigan for almost 6 months. At least 15 times. I heard them with Nagra classic amp, nagra Hd amp, audia flight Strumento N°4 mk2, and the Strumento N°8, Accuphase E-800 intergraded and at least one other tube amp but can’t remember the name.

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
How would you describe them? Before buying them were you able to hear them with different amps?
I heard them in a very large room at axpona. was surprised at how well they filled the room as they are not a oversize speaker. You should definitely go listen but I have seen the lower end Tidal range priced close i what would try to audition them to.

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Great post and great to have a place to talk about Vimbergs.
I’ve been waiting to hear the Amea in my small listening room as the Mino or Tidal Piano (also great by the way) are unfortunately too large.
Hopefully a home demo this month, lockdown notwithstanding..

Biketony

Nov 6, 2019
I have heard the Amea a few times. Fantastic detail but I felt like they needed subs. Heard them with and without subs. The subs were rel g1 MK2. If I was in a small room they would have been one to look at for me.

3125Simon - what size is your room ?

Biketony

Nov 6, 2019
My room is not large by any means. 14’ x 15. My last speakers were Focal Sopra 2’s. I always felt felt like I should have gotten the Sopra 3’s. This time around I didn’t want to have any regrets.

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
I have heard the Amea a few times. Fantastic detail but I felt like they needed subs. Heard them with and without subs. The subs were rel g1 MK2. If I was in a small room they would have been one to look at for me.

3125Simon - what size is your room ?
My current room is 9 x 13 long, so small. my current speakers are Sonus Faber Guarneri Evo and they integrate well in the room and with acoustic music and jazz can sound fantastic.

But on anything rock like or amplified, the bass is too soft and slow and does not have the right impact to drive the music....

I’m using Vitus electronics (SIA 25 / SCD) and a Avid Acutus with a Koetsu Urushi so to a certain extent I’ve gone for a rather warm sound, which on the kind off late night jazz and female vocals I enjoy, it can sound very good. But too much of a good thing on faster paced music.

I’ve tried various floor standing speakers - Avalon (PM1/Transendent), Magico S1/2 and YG Carmel 2, but there is too much bass and you have a boom plus they don’t do what my SF G EVO can do on jazz and female vocals.....
I have been wondering if trying a sub with my EVO might fill in the bottom and add some PRAT to the bass... but I’ve no experience on what a sub will bring, and I don’t want any boom or overhang.
My room is well treated, but the laws of physics cannot make up for the size.....
the faster and cleaner Amea I hope will mate with the room and give me what I’m looking for...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing