IsoAcoustics Gaia with W/P?

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
I tried a couple of sets of IsoAcoustics Orea with my preamp and DAC and to say that I was shocked and impressed is an understatement! This lead me to think about the Gaia's and potentially changing the Puppy Paws to Gaia's... anyone has experience with these on Wilson's? Worthwhile or a waste of money?

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
I'm going to give Gaia Titan Theis a try. Been really impressed with the Orea's, so why not?! :)

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
How are your floors constructed @audiojan ?

I find them to be most effective on solid floors , a little less so on floorboards over a void, tho still beneficial.
For the latter scenario I prefer sprung isolation such as Townshend Podium or similar .

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
How are your floors constructed @audiojan ?

I find them to be most effective on solid floors , a little less so on floorboards over a void, tho still beneficial.
For the latter scenario I prefer sprung isolation such as Townshend Podium or similar .
It's padded carpet over concrete slab, so pretty darn solid. :)

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I had a set under my Sasha 2’s and they made a noticeable improvement. This is on an upstairs suspended timber floor. They were previously spiked with the Wilson diode.

Reactions: FDPDK

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Depending on your location, you may be able to try some before purchase?

vrac

May 9, 2018
I'm using The largest sized Gaias with Wilson Sasha Version 1. If over carpet make sure you use the carpet spikes. Also depending on your model W/P make sure you order the proper screw inserts. I thought they made a small difference for the better over stock paws. Good luck.

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com
I had Gaia pucks under the head units of my Coincident PREs, and preferred cheap Chinese springs. I think springs are generally better at isolation (in multiple dimensions) than rubber.

With the Gaia's, you could feel bass vibrations coming through into the head unit cabinets. $50 worth of springs (off of Alibaba) greatly reduced those vibrations.

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
Added Gaia Titan Theis to the W/P 8's and I could not overstate the positive change. The room is more 3D, the bass is significantly faster (not that the W/P's are slow to start with!) and everything is just more relaxed. At this point, I wouldn't use the speakers without the Gaia's!!!

wokeuptobose

VIP/Donor
Mar 26, 2021
I tried the Gaias on my Sasha 2s and liked them. I felt they were a worthwhile improvement. I then learned about the Townshend Podiums. As they offer a satisfaction guarantee I ordered them. In my room which is stone on cement the Podiums were a significant upgrade over the Gaias. I have never tried the Stillpoints. The form factor is very different. Gaias look sleek and cool to me. Podiums make the Sashas look like a Star Wars droid. They do look pretty cool/industrial in their own way. As a side benefit of the Podiums, the vacuum cleaner head is now pretty unlikely to hit the speakers. I know...first world concerns.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing