It is an honor to have an official presence on What's Best Forum.

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Over the years I have visited WBF off and on, posted here and there, and have always found it to have a distinctly different feel from all of the other audio forums.

The first thing I noticed was, people here are intelligent. I LEARN things from you guys. Including from those of you that I'm initially inclined to disagree with, because you always have good reasoning and (near as I can tell from afar) good ears.

The next thing I noticed is, people here are live-and-let-live. Tubesters & solid staters, vinyl spinners & digital types treat each other with respect and consideration. Cone-n-domers, hornies, planarheads and fullrangers find common ground. People who are totally passionate about a particular brand still recognize and appreciate merit in other brands. Those in the biz are having fun and sharing their insights with fellow audiophiles instead of pushing product.

And when people disagree, they do so without being disagreeable. Wow.

And then we have threads - LONG threads - wherein someone invites us along on THEIR journey. Those threads are magnificent. They enrich everyone who stops to read them. This is open generosity on the part of those who post such threads.

I think in large part this all goes back to the tone set by Steve Williams. Forum websites seem to be reflections of their founders, for better or for worse. Steve sets the tone here. He uses his superpowers for good.

It frankly never occurred to me that little ol' AudioKinesis could have an official presence here. Steve suggested it to me, and I asked him to stop by our room at T.H.E. Show this past June and let me know his thoughts. I did not want to have a forum here unless what I was doing wouldn't be out of place. After all, having a forum on a site called "What's Best" is talking the talk... which I didn't want to do if I was nowhere near walking the walk. NOT THAT my speakers are remotely contenders for any sort of absolute "best"... but hopefully they might fill a niche or two in their price ballparks.

(Speaking of speakers, my website is under revision and I'll have information up soon about our latest home audio designs, all of which are collaborations beween Jim Romeyn and me.)

Anyway after the show Steve seemed to feel that what we were doing would not be out of place on his forum, and I consider it an honor to have been invited here.

Duke LeJeune
AudioKinesis

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I love your informative posts. Hopefully your presence will grow as people catch onto your great audio gear and acquire it.

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
That's great Duke, you make some great speakers and I always enjoy reading your posts. :)

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Duke, you're the one showing the way...with the right attitude.

Coming from the North Star... ca signifie quelque chose. Merci beaucoup.

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing