It's Either Fidelity Or It's Infidelity!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Just saw this. Thank you for posting it David. Mr. Klipsch sounds like a no nonsense, very direct, kind of guy. I like the "it is or it isn't" kind of bluntness. The problem is that in reality, there are degrees of sounding more or less real. We have all experienced this. I suppose one can ask, "Is it close enough for me to be satisfied, or not?" That is the question.

I like hearing both the male and female interviewers. I wish there were video of this.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Just saw this. Thank you for posting it David. Mr. Klipsch sounds like a no nonsense, very direct, kind of guy. I like the "it is or it isn't" kind of bluntness. The problem is that in reality, there are degrees of sounding more or less real. We have all experienced this. I suppose one can ask, "Is it close enough for me to be satisfied, or not?" That is the question.

I like hearing both the male and female interviewers. I wish there were video of this.

He definitely is one of the great American designers like Jim Lansing. Unfortunately many of the early WE engineers are kind of nameless.

I believe he's using "real" the way I use "natural", of course there are degrees of it as there are of fake audiophile enhanced sound but there's also a definite distinction between the two different approaches. I think that he was also talking about the quality of bass too, something that old designers like him were very aware of. Personally I'm very aware of and sensitive to bass quality too. What I hear from many modern speakers with their tight one tone and note bass is just synthetic.

His comment about speakers with low sensitivity is very true too.

david

Reactions: zerostargeneral

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
He definitely is one of the great American designers like Jim Lansing. Unfortunately many of the early WE engineers are kind of nameless.

I believe he's using "real" the way I use "natural", of course there are degrees of it as there are of fake audiophile enhanced sound but there's also a definite distinction between the two different approaches. I think that he was also talking about the quality of bass too, something that old designers like him were very aware of. Personally I'm very aware of and sensitive to bass quality too. What I hear from many modern speakers with their tight one tone and note bass is just synthetic.

His comment about speakers with low sensitivity is very true too.

david
David,
Have you ever heard one of the K-Horns with improved crossover and upgraded drivers? I know the Vitavox version of the K-Horn is supposedly excellent (I’ve never heard one) but also extremely rare. Is there a way of recreating the Vitavox K-Horn?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I owned a couple of early pairs but not the ones you're referring to. Problem with Klipsch was many changes and little existing documentation, not even sure how many of those upgraded units were even his. That's the problem with them used off ebay, you don't know who got in there and did what.

david

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I had and still have as a second system a Klipschorn with complete volti upgrades plus a fostex t500amkII on top aligned to mids. It is a great and very enjoyable system .

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing