Jbl 4350 awx bass / isolation method discussion / advise needed.

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey'all !!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week (trying to be optimistic here) Since nowadays we have more time to listen to the system , I started being very critical of my JBL 4350's bass performance, when playing Piano Sonata , most jazz its really good, but when I am listening to bass heavy tracks , the bass just doesn't " sink " its almost like the excursion of the dual 15" woofer are limited, tried all different test, and it is going down easily 32 hz flat, and the system is DIRAC with DATASAT driven by a BOULDER 2060 ,,, so it really " technically " should sound like a torpedo has exploded in your room, however
the bass is there somehow but disappears too fast in a lot track , and doesn't" sink " and flood the floor if you know what I am trying to explain.

Now all technical tuning side aside, I have been thinking if it could be the isolation of the Speaker itself. ?!!
I do have another sub working behind the 4350 , and those are working great so it made the woofer on the 4350 sound really not working.. lol

I am currently using 2 TACO speaker stand to bring the 4350 up to ear height with the tweeter and then between the speaker I am using the HRS nimbus system , and just TACO metal stand directly touching the wood floor ( raised foundation) , but I am wondering if there are better options for the 4350 that our fellow JBL experts has tried in the past that will help with the bass performance.

Any advice is highly appreciated , thank you again all for your time !

stay healthy and stay safe !

Attachments

• DSCF0711.jpeg
    DSCF0711.jpeg
    707.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0739.jpg
    DSCF0739.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing