Joni Mitchell 2021 remasters

Davidz

Dec 12, 2016
For those of you who may not have heard, Joni Mitchell is releasing remasters of her Reprise albums this June, in celebration of Blue's 50th anniversary --- that includes Blue and the 3 albums preceding it. They are releasing vinyl and CDs and, apparently, flac hi-rez versions. I say "apparently" because the store at jonimitchell.com isn't being very clear about the flac versions -- whether they are a separate purchase from the CD set, or, if not, whether the downloads will include any of the artwork, etc., The store has also just released (for those who have pre-ordered) teaser versions of "A case of you" and "big yellow taxi". For some reason, the former first came out as an mp3. Then, a few days ago, both were released (via email) as 192 flac versions.

I’ve had a listen to both, and can confidently assert that her fans are in for a big treat - especially those who have invested in a “decent” sound system. I can’t speak for the original vinyl (don’t do vinyl), but the CD transfers were mediocre, imho, with a hardness or glare to them. Joni’s voice on “a case of you” is a treasure for the ages, and it finally gets the digital reproduction it deserves. It has a freshness and immediacy that are breathtaking. Can't wait for the rest. Especially "the last time I saw Richard". Yay!

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
For those of you who may not have heard, Joni Mitchell is releasing remasters of her Reprise albums this June, in celebration of Blue's 50th anniversary --- that includes Blue and the 3 albums preceding it. They are releasing vinyl and CDs and, apparently, flac hi-rez versions. I say "apparently" because the store at jonimitchell.com isn't being very clear about the flac versions -- whether they are a separate purchase from the CD set, or, if not, whether the downloads will include any of the artwork, etc., The store has also just released (for those who have pre-ordered) teaser versions of "A case of you" and "big yellow taxi". For some reason, the former first came out as an mp3. Then, a few days ago, both were released (via email) as 192 flac versions.

I’ve had a listen to both, and can confidently assert that her fans are in for a big treat - especially those who have invested in a “decent” sound system. I can’t speak for the original vinyl (don’t do vinyl), but the CD transfers were mediocre, imho, with a hardness or glare to them. Joni’s voice on “a case of you” is a treasure for the ages, and it finally gets the digital reproduction it deserves. It has a freshness and immediacy that are breathtaking. Can't wait for the rest. Especially "the last time I saw Richard". Yay!
Big fan of hers. I love her music because it’s so interesting to listen to.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing