JPLAY FEMTO is Fantastic

joelha

Jun 16, 2013
JPLAY FEMTO was recently released.

It's a significant step beyond the previous version of JPLAY.

I've been a beta tester for the better part of two weeks and I find the sound to be outstanding.

It's my go to player at this time and I've used many different players in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.

Free trials are available and I'd highly recommend trying it.

Those who think all players sound the same might be surprised in this case.

You can learn more about JPLAY FEMTO and download a trial version at: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2645-jplay-classic-jplay-femto-released/

Joel

P.S. I've met both of the innovators of this software, Marcin and Josef, and they are very good guys.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Hello, Marcin~!

Do you have a schedule to support DLNA renderer at JPLAY Femto??

If JPLAY Femto can support DLNA, your software will be invincible~!!

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Hello, Marcin~!

Do you have a schedule to support DLNA renderer at JPLAY Femto??

If JPLAY Femto can support DLNA, your software will be invincible~!!

Hi Esotar,

Do you mean external DLNA renderers in combination with JPLAY femtoServer or sth else?

Regards,
Marcin

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
As a hardcore and diehard Mac user, yesterday I installed a Jplay Femto trial on a HP z6 10 core Xeon workstation with GTX1050 GPU, 32 GB RAM, and PCIe Ssd, with huge 1000W switching power supply in its original build, no extra USB Card, no audio optimization. It is as far from being an ideal audio PC, as far it is possible. Using the Holo Spring 2 KTE DAC, full WireWorld Platinum cabels, including the mains and USB, it sounds so lively, with full of energy, not trace of hardness, brightness, flatness as it is generally caused by SPS and standard PCs. The HP is at home to set it up as a video editing system. It sounds simply closer to my taste than an SoTM SMS 200 Ultra Neo in the same system as a Roon RAAT endpoint or a Hqplayer NAA.

I am really surprised. It is perfect source for my PMC active monitors.

The Jplay Femto/HP z6/Holo Spring 2 KTE combination just does not need any upconversion it seems. I wanted to try this really powerful workstation to up convert to DSD1024 in Hqplayer as the Holo DAC handles it, but I do not need it. It seems.

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Ah~!

Yes~!!!

At the moment there are no plans to make JPLAY femtoServer compatible with external renderers.

As a hardcore and diehard Mac user, yesterday I installed a Jplay Femto trial on a HP z6 10 core Xeon workstation with GTX1050 GPU, 32 GB RAM, and PCIe Ssd, with huge 1000W switching power supply in its original build, no extra USB Card, no audio optimization. It is as far from being an ideal audio PC, as far it is possible. Using the Holo Spring 2 KTE DAC, full WireWorld Platinum cabels, including the mains and USB, it sounds so lively, with full of energy, not trace of hardness, brightness, flatness as it is generally caused by SPS and standard PCs. The HP is at home to set it up as a video editing system. It sounds simply closer to my taste than an SoTM SMS 200 Ultra Neo in the same system as a Roon RAAT endpoint or a Hqplayer NAA.

I am really surprised. It is perfect source for my PMC active monitors.

The Jplay Femto/HP z6/Holo Spring 2 KTE combination just does not need any upconversion it seems. I wanted to try this really powerful workstation to up convert to DSD1024 in Hqplayer as the Holo DAC handles it, but I do not need it. It seems.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad you're enjoying JPLAY FEMTO :)

Regards,
Marcin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing