Just installed Nordost QX4 and Q Base 8 Mk2 in my system today

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot
you just installed Nordost Qkore,i just installed all Gobel setup in my system,unfortunately i can only try now
I will post next days
You should really enjoy them. Need a 100 or so hours to mostly burn in 300 to do it fully. Enjoy

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Oliver will leave me for 2 weeks
2 xlr are new,other are cable he use in his room or at showCan only tell I am shocked but will open a thread next days in cable forum
Ciao
Gian

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I will wait to read your comments however everyone that has tried them has traded me their cables for the Gobel's.
I'm glad that Oliver helped you have the opportunity to try them .
I have some at one reviewer now and I am going to get them to another in the next week or so.
Best regards,
Ciao,
Elliot

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Just gave this set up to two of my HE clients that were using other high priced highly discussed products and both were totally thrilled and amazed.
"better resolution. less glare, quieter faster and more dynamic" Its a shame its not WAY more expensive LMAO

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Can you explain what happens after 300 hours? How did you arrive at that figure?
The designer of the cables feels that full burn in happens after approx that many hours of use. I personally don't log in hours and make observations. I feel that our cables sound really good right out of the box and are IMHO fully ready to listened after a few days ( approx 100 hours of use).
What one observes is the system at first does not truly open up in all dimensions. As the cables burn in there is more space both in width and in depth. There is more space within the sound stage and one care really "hear" further into the music. There is a sense of purity with these products and the initial reaction from listeners is the use of that word . Pure. Less noise, less glare, and the music just sounds pure and real.
I am not an engineer, Like Oliver the designer, I am just an experienced listener. These cables are to me something special and they work with all types of amplifiers etc. both SS and Tube.

Reactions: gian60

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I installed yesterday my Nordost power set up as described here earlier at a clients home to try. I am going to be out of town this coming week so I let him borrow it.
His comments this morning 'this stuff is amazing"
This is the third person that has had the same reaction as I had and all of them have purchased the set up.
FYI

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
and he bought it. I am bringing this set up to RMAF and will use it there

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hi Nordost grounding fans,
A while ago, I read that Nordost licensed their QKore grounding technology form an individual but I cannot remember where I read about that or who it was specifically. If anyone recalls that information or any links to the info I seek, I'd appreciate learning about it.
Thanks
Marty

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing