Just lost another furry family member the other night...

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
When my girlfriend and I first got together 12 years ago, about 4 months into our relationship, we decided to adopt a kitten. When at the pet store, this little guy (Trouble) came right up to us, along with his little sister (Charlie). So we adopted both of them.

Fast forward to about 5 or 6 months ago, and Trouble developed a heart issue, and ever since we've been giving him heart meds and a diuretic every morning and evening to help make him pee and drink water. He'd have some good days, he' have some not so good days as it of course effected his lungs with fluid build-up and of course his kidneys.

Though the last two weeks, Trouble really started acting himself again, meowing a lot, purring, regaining his strength and appetite, putting a little weight back on... Just being overall happy and healthy.

We believe Trouble had this huge turnaround and huge improvements due to these little cocoon type kitty beds we bought him, since he never seemed to get comfortable and get any real sleep. He would always sit up or stand up, constantly reposition himself trying to get comfortable, but never could, and as a result, never get any rest or sleep. These beds though, he took to them right away and within the first 30 minutes of having these beds, he climbed in one of them, settled in and went straight to sleep, and a deep sleep at that. He and his sister love these beds and he was in one of them all the time, and getting plenty of quality rest and sleep in comfort finally. Those beds were a blessing... For at least two weeks. Then...

My brothers were over Friday night for dinner and such as they usually are every weekend. Around 11:30pm, we saw Trouble fumbling around and dragging his back legs into the kitchen, and howling and meowing as if he was in pain. Scared, worried, confused, he didn't know what was going on with his body nor did we.

Immediately, we took him to the emergency vet, and by midnight, it was determined by the vet that it was a blood clot that had lodged itself somewhere and shut down the whole lower half of his body. Even his tail was stiff and motionless. This blood clot was all due to the heart issue and the kidneys failing over time, which they say is unfortunately, a sad but common side effect. At that point, there really isn't much else that can be done, other than the obvious. So...

Needless to say, was a very very crappy evening/morning, with little to no sleep for either of us. Not the way we wanted our weekend to start off. All of the other cats know something is different and that Trouble isn't coming back home, especially his little sister who's laying here with me right now.

Shortly after we just brought Trouble and Charlie home...

Just a few weeks ago right before the new kitty beds...

The day of the new beds...

Literally 30 minutes later...

His little sister Charlie keeping an eye on him...

Just this past Friday morning before I headed in to work...

Reactions: Mikem53

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Saying goodbye to pets sucks. Sorry Wayne for your loss.

Reactions: Chops

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Loosing a pet just rips your heart out. I’ve had to say goodbye to several dogs over the years and it’s always simply horrible, but-

“it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

Time is a healer.

Reactions: Mikem53 and Chops

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Losing a pet is one of life's tramatic events. Animals can be a tremendous comfort and losing them is tragic even when it's expected. We've been there and know that horrible feeling. Very sorry for your loss.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tinka and I are very sorry to learn of the loss of your Trouble!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Sorry for your loss. Beautiful story and pictures. We also had to say a sudden goodbye to our 12-year old dog Lucy last year. It's not easy, but I love FBHIFI's sentiment expressed above.

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Well Trouble is back home with his family where he belongs. All we have to do now is pick out an appropriate picture of Trouble to put in his urn, which also happens to be the largest.

On a side note, it's so quiet around here without Trouble around "talking" like he used to do all the time. You could have a full-on conversation with him.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Sorry for your loss.. beautiful pictures and memories.. May time help ease the pain..

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Really sorry to hear of your loss. I think your animals are lucky to have such love and care in their lives.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing