JVC -- Top Dog Under 10k?

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Here are quotes from Two Reviews ----

At least a small step up over anything else near its price.

For more...

http://www.projectorreviews.com/jvc/dla-rs35/index.php

Conclusion

The JVC DLA-RS25 is another beautiful projector in the JVC tradition. It puts out a superb image with the deepest blacks of any digital projector we've ever seen. Its bright cinema modes, and the ability to fine tune their light output with a precision manual iris, makes it an ideal choice for a variety of rooms and screen sizes. Though the Clear Motion Drive does not do well with 24 fps movie material, is it not really meant to. Clear Motion Drive works beautifully with HD sports as well as a variety of live performance subjects in 1080p/60, and there are many 1080p home theater projectors that don't have this feature at all.

JVC's challenge is simply that of price. Historically speaking, the $7,995 price tag is eminently reasonable for a projector of this caliber. And the RS25 certainly is a step forward in quality beyond the RS20 that it replaces. The challenge is that image quality in the lower priced 1080p projectors has gotten extremely competitive. The leap in price from $2500 to $8000 does not buy a quantum leap in image quality. But if you have the cash and the desire to see the deepest black levels possible on your home screen, the RS25, or perhaps the RS35, are the clear choices. In this regard, nothing in the lower priced options comes close.

To Read More...

http://www.projectorcentral.com/jvc_rs25_projector_review.htm

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
In the under $10,000 category, I think the JVC RS25 and RS35 are the no-brainer recommendation. Read around the web. Owners consistently sing its praises. When my friends tell me this is their budget for a projector, these are the ones I recommend -- have never had an unsatisfied customer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing