Karaoke Setup

steveeyes

Aug 1, 2020
I'm new here and far from an audio expert. Trying to set up a karaoke system using the following:

1. Smart TV with hdmi input

2. Laptop - hdmi out to TV and audio out (headphone) to Mixer. The laptop runs the online karaoke service I belong to.

3. Mixer to Powered Speakers. The powered speakers have as input: Digital Coaxial and Digital Optical. This may be my biggest sticking point. I'm not even sure if I need a mixer but in my research, most seem to have. In research, it seems most use an XLR cable. But my speakers do not have XLR input - only Digital Coaxial and Digital Optical. I can't seem to find or know how to set up a mixer to powered speakers with Digital Coaxial or Digital Optical. Nor do I want to spend $300 on a mixer - hoping to get by with $100 or less. Based on this information can anyone give me a clue how to set up

4. Wireless Mic with a base as a receiver. Even though I'm not 100% sure basically I think I would just plug the mic base into the mixer but please elaborate if correct or not and maybe confirm what cables and inputs are involved.

In the above list, I have Smart TV, Laptop, and Powered Speakers. I'm in the market for Wireless Mic, Mixer, and whatever cables I need.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing