KeithR's "Dream Speaker" Search

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Been awhile, but the Long Beach show begins tomorrow. I will try and give some "live" updates. After reviewing the exhibitor list I am most interested in hearing Tune Audio, Stenheim, YG w/ Luxman, Audio Solutions, and the Martin Logan/Analysis Audio panels. I will probably also hear Magico, Gryphon, Horning and some others although they historically haven't been my cup of tea. I am bringing some of my own LPs to counter the normal audiophile junk.

Ready for fun!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What is audio solutions?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I’ll have a detailed report after the weekend, but can’t say I was impressed at all today. I will return tomorrow afternoon to see if things improved.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I’ll have a detailed report after the weekend, but can’t say I was impressed at all today. I will return tomorrow afternoon to see if things improved.
I am sure your Devores are better...;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am sure your Devores are better...;)

Devores (i only know the orangutan, not Keith's model) are very good. They are different to the Anima.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I've had bad and good experiences now w the Animas. The amps that Keith heard them with on paper look a good match.

Reactions: morricab

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
This room seemed a bit dead at first, but was better on my own vinyl cut- I will return to give thoughts on more music as the CH guy wanted to talk for a half hour instead of play it. Speaking of CH, this gear is definitely not my favorite. It reminds me of warmer Soulution but is still dry to me. The Alumine 3 is quite small in person and would not be an option for me. I look forward to talking to Jean Pascal today about the 3 vs the 5.

As I went through the day hearing 10+ rooms, this was one of the few I wanted to return to.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
And for you vintage fans, there is a Branko Audio here with restored/modified Altecs that Ron, Jeff, and I will hit up this morning :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me the pearl and surprise was the room of our very own member Duke LeJeune and his Audiokinesis speakers.

Also don't miss Jonathan Tinn's room with his new speakers that he has shown before and yesterday the sound was off the chart.

These little speakers and his room set up was perfect. Jonathan told me that the speaker will be a Special Edition and limited in number

Last year there was no price point. This year there is and I will let Jonathan tell you what the MSRP is. The external crossovers to the speaker were huge in comparison

Also I was shocked at the upstairs room of our own asiufy of Alma Music where he showed the Wilson Tune Tot on the stand which had an enclosed 2" subwoofer

It was difficult to state how good it sounded as these speakers were meant to be book shelf speakers

Both downstairs Alma Music rooms were superb

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
For me the pearl and surprise was our the room of our very own member Duke LeJeune and his Audiokinesis speakers.

Also don't miss Jonathan Tinn's room with his new speakers that he has shown before and yesterday the sound was off the chart.

These little speakers and his room set up was perfect. Jonathan told me that the speaker will be a Special Edition and limited in number

Last year there was no price point. This year there is and I will let Jonathan tell you what the MSRP is. The external crossovers to the speaker were huge in comparison

Also I was shocked at the upstairs room of our own asiufy of Alma Music where he showed the Wilson Tune Tot on the stand which had an enclosed 2" subwoofer

It was difficult to state how good it sounded as these speakers were meant to be book shelf speakers

Both downstairs Alma Music rooms were superb

Steve,

Who told you the stands have a sub? That is wrong. No subs in that room at all.
And indeed, that room sounds great :) we have actually upgraded it today, with a full Innuos Zenith mk3 instead of the Zen mini we had yesterday.

Thanks,
Alex

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve,

Who told you the stands have a sub? That is wrong. No subs in that room at all.
And indeed, that room sounds great :) we have actually upgraded it today, with a full Innuos Zenith mk3 instead of the Zen mini we had yesterday.

Thanks,
Alex
Whoever was spinning the music pointed out a little driver below the Tot which was 2 inches tall. am I mistaken

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing