Killer news: Dexter returns for a limited Showtime series

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’m embarrassed to admit but my wife and I were Dexter addicted. Can’t wait for this Showtime series.

Bloodstain expert turned serial killer Dexter Morgan is returning to TV, Showtime announced Wednesday.

"Being away has been murder," the network said in a tweet announcing the news. Dexter, starring Michael C. Hall, aired on Showtime from 2006 to 2013. Hall will return for the new 10-episode series, the network said in a statement. (Showtime and CNET are both owned by ViacomCBS.)

Reactions: Michael Davitt

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Me too, Steve. I consider it one of the top 2 series I've ever seen. Am reading news about Season 9 these days.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Great news, also loved Dexter. Many of the episodes had some extremely good actors playing really diabolical criminals. This makes my current list of must see: Outlander, Killing Eve, Mare of Easttown, The Handmaid's tale. The apps are increasing!

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

'Around Town' Teaser | Dexter | SHOWTIME​

America's favorite serial killer Dexter Morgan is back on SHOWTIME® in a new 10-episode limited series coming this fall. Starring Michael C. Hall. Watch the new Dexter Limited Series premiering in 2021.

Finally, can't wait!

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

Dexter: New Blood (2021) Exclusive Sneak Peek Trailer | SHOWTIME​

KILLER NEWS! DEXTER: NEW BLOOD will premiere Sunday, November 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.

Set 10 years after Dexter went missing in the eye of Hurricane Laura, the series finds him living under an assumed name in the small town of Iron Lake, New York. Dexter may be embracing his new life, but in the wake of unexpected events in this close-knit community, his Dark Passenger beckons.

• Love
Reactions: Gregadd and bonzo75

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
A good show ty for sharing its limited renewal. Any news on nip and tuck ?

Steve Williams

are you ready to rumble????

After several years of waiting the night has finally arrived. Tonight is the night

My wife and I are truly addicted to this series. I have yet to see TV sequels rise to the occasion of being better than the original but heck, we miss Dexter's make shift "kill room" with all of his tools

For those who haven't watched Dexter and want too see true blood and guts spewed by Dexter, a serial killer, who works as a CSI in Miami PD and always finds the killers who are missed by the police and/or were released on a technicality, you can rest assured that Dexter finds them and they all end up in his kill room where he helps them meet their maker rather abruptly

It's a chilling series where all two often you find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what comes next

Steve Williams

well if you're a Dexter fan and haven't watched the first episode of the new series, you are missing an excellent reboot of the series as it doesn't take long before Dexter feels his dark self taking over and he quickly finds his next prey and we are soon once again in Dexter's kill room as he dispatches his prey with one fell swoop.

There is an interesting few twists in this first episode that promise to add to Dexter's persona

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Season 3 and 4 were the best and better than most of the stuff on tv. Then it went downhill. I will watch this one after all the episodes are aired, best suited to serial watching. Succession 3 has also started

Reactions: jeff1225

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
We have decided to binge watch Dexter.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
well if you're a Dexter fan and haven't watched the first episode of the new series, you are missing an excellent reboot of the series as it doesn't take long before Dexter feels his dark self taking over and he quickly finds his next prey and we are soon once again in Dexter's kill room as he dispatches his prey with one fell swoop.

There is an interesting few twists in this first episode that promise to add to Dexter's persona
The trailer looks great, I'll be watching it this evening.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nice first episode on this Dexter

Reactions: jeff1225

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting, I always maintained that Dexter season 3 & 4 were the best, and then it went downhill. Just read that Dexter: New Blood showrunner Clyde Phillips was showrunner on the original series for the first four seasons, before handing over the reins for seasons 5 to 8.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For me the question is “ what part will Dexter’s son have in his fathers depravity. Will ge become an accomplice or will Dexter hide the truth from his son

Yeah that's what I am wondering too, given the ending of season 4

Steve Williams

I agree

However I think they are using the episode to establish the relationship with his son. who I wonder does in fact have dark intentions similar too that of his father. But yes, a boring episode

Having said that I hope you're following Yellowstone as this is looking to be a very good season

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I now realize that the subtitle “New Blood” is in reference to his son and not to new killings done by him like I first thought it would be. His son will probably do some killings of his own and Dexter will help him covering them up I think, or something allong those lines.

No, not for me, I’m not a big Costner fan.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing