KLAUDiO RCM EOL

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Sad, but I could see that the influx of 1-3k machines would hurt KL sales, in the UK it is circa 6k, good machine though.

Thanks for sharing.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can someone decipher?
One can't make a profit at £6k?
Or £6k kills so many sales?

If a profit can't be made at £6k, how on Earth will Degritter survive even 6 months at 40% of that tag?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
6k includes Ricardo's mark up, who know's what KL sell for? From memory when they first launched in the US, they were 2.8k USD, how they ended up at 6k UK retail is beyond me tbh..

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
They really should have sold direct. It's not as if a cleaner needs a shop demo, this can be done at home. Degritter have learnt from this, and may thrive as a result.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
The KLAudio machine is superior to all others and built to an unbelievable level of quality. I wish Peter didn't launch the KLAudio at a similar price point to the ADS but double the price so he could have made money. I do think the US market would bear the KLAudio at $6K.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Peter is a local friend,and was at my room for a listening session about a month ago. super passionate guy and loves our hobby. he did not mention this move to me, but there were 10 others in our session that night.

i was one of the first to own his RCM and it's been a great product for me over the years. i always marveled at how well made it was and wondered how he could afford to sell it at a reasonable price. the answer, obviously, is he could not.

i wish Peter the best and thank him for all he has contributed to the hobby. if this was a stress for him i hope that this removes that stress.

i love my KLAUDIO RCM.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I hope mine lasts. I still have a repaired "thrice" ADS machine that still sealed from the last repair. I better hold onto it.

I guess I'll hang onto my Loricraft, just in case. If my KLAudio dies, I'll sell the incredible "Silencer" accessory. It makes all the difference if you want to be anywhere near the machine when it is operating.

Reactions: bonzo75 and Stump

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Before I built my own ultrasonic RCM (based on Tim’s design) I owned a KLAudio and really like it. I preferred it to the AudioDesk. Selling direct would definitely have helped them make money and continue to sell their units.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Peter is a local friend,and was at my room for a listening session about a month ago. super passionate guy and loves our hobby. he did not mention this move to me, but there were 10 others in our session that night.

i was one of the first to own his RCM and it's been a great product for me over the years. i always marveled at how well made it was and wondered how he could afford to sell it at a reasonable price. the answer, obviously, is he could not.

i wish Peter the best and thank him for all he has contributed to the hobby. if this was a stress for him i hope that this removes that stress.

i love my KLAUDIO RCM.

Will you try his new tonearm Mike. Scott Kushino was blown away by adjustable VTA on the fly by an app on your phone.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Will you try his new tonearm Mike. Scott Kushino was blown away by adjustable VTA on the fly by an app on your phone.
Peter was going to bring his tone arm to my home to try during that session a month ago, but with 10 people (including a couple of wives) there, i was concerned it would be too involved to get into and would dampen the festivities. switching arms and mounting cartridges needs a relaxed low stress environment

it might happen, and maybe if Peter can build an arm board that works for the Saskia model two, we can try it there.

it was sure great seeing Scott that night.....it had been 7 or 8 years since i'd seen him.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Gosh, fittiing a tonearm and setting up is definately something to do without an audience!

Shame for KL on the rcm as it is an excellent machine if a little noisy but that is easily overcome.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Degritter outperforms it, has more features, excellent build quality, and it’s much cheaper. I’ve had both and by outperform I’m saying the Degritter “fixed” albums that KL could not. Much easier machine to use also as far as maintenance.

Reactions: asiufy

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My production Degritter arrives nxt wk to replace my beta tester unit. Good to hear it has the measure of the KL.

Too bad re KL. The market always benefits from choice. But if a unit 50% the cost in the UK is better than it, that's tough.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Degritter outperforms it, has more features, excellent build quality, and it’s much cheaper. I’ve had both and by outperform I’m saying the Degritter “fixed” albums that KL could not. Much easier machine to use also as far as maintenance.

By outperform do you mean you have two identical LP, clean them at the same time, then compare the sound, or did you clean with KL first, listen, then clean with Degritter then listen?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

Does it dry the albums?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
By outperform do you mean you have two identical LP, clean them at the same time, then compare the sound, or did you clean with KL first, listen, then clean with Degritter then listen?

With a problematic album, clean with the KL multiple times, cannot fix the noise issues. With the same album, clean once with the Degritter and noise is fixed to an acceptable level.

It's a far better thought out machine all around. Firmware controlled, filtering system, removable tank, etc.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing