Klaudio Record Cleaning Machine Review

Grooves

Feb 29, 2012
Pacific Northwest
Ditto on that. The other really nice thing it does is to blow dust off the LP. I use it to blow off dust on a clean LP, a3-4 min. trip through the dryer works great. I would use before and after a play for each LP but can't since it's in another room and the time would be too much. BUT, if I had a choice I'd do a 2-3 min. dryer run prior to putting a played LP in its sleeve. Maybe when I'm retired and have more spare time.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Has anybody compare it to Ultrasonic V8 which is much cheaper at USD 2k with a dryer ?
Wanted to buy a Klaudio RCM . However Peter Cheon don't seems to bother to response to request by 1 of the premier distributors from my country despite meeting in Munich & neither does he bother to response to personal mail. That being the case , I thought I look at alternative ie Ultrasonic V8 . Any thoughts? Thanks

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Has anybody compare it to Ultrasonic V8 which is much cheaper at USD 2k with a dryer ?
Wanted to buy a Klaudio RCM . However Peter Cheon don't seems to bother to response to request by 1 of the premier distributors from my country despite meeting in Munich & neither does he bother to response to personal mail. That being the case , I thought I look at alternative ie Ultrasonic V8 . Any thoughts? Thanks

The V8 doesn't dry your records if I remember correct. It sort of looks like a Rube Goldberg device put together in Sanford & Son's junk yard. ;)
Just one mans opinion. Get the KL.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
So is the bottom line that the most neurotic of us will need two machines, an ultrasonic like the KL and a vacuum like the VPI MW-1 Cyclone?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
So is the bottom line that the most neurotic of us will need two machines, an ultrasonic like the KL and a vacuum like the VPI MW-1 Cyclone?

If you buy new release vinyl that are not audiophile reissues - a very big Yes

If all you buy are audiophile reissues that are pressed on black vinyl from Quality , Pallas and Optimal ou can get away with only the KLA - imo:)

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have a KLAudio but kept my Keith Monks for the first clean whatever record I clean old or new.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I thought I look at alternative ie Ultrasonic V8 . Any thoughts? Thanks
I have Kuzma ultrasonic cleaner which is basicly the same as V8 and can only recommend it. You can clean 8-9 LP's at a time and yes, drying is "natural", so what. Have cleaned more than 1.000 LP's in one month easily. Try that with KL.:) I'm not sure but I think Kuzma is even cheaper than V8...

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
compared the two ultrasonic machines, KLaudio and AudioDesk. Did not hear a big difference. Both machines are excellent despite they have different design concepts. KLaudio`s advantage is they do not need extra fluid, AudioDesk`s advantage is filtering and no pre wash. I do use Ultrasonic for the quick clean. In fact both Ultrasonics cannot beat the Source Odyssee, even better than Keith Monks. This is a fact for me! Also had the Keith Monks.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
compared the two ultrasonic machines, KLaudio and AudioDesk. Did not hear a big difference. Both machines are excellent despite they have different design concepts. KLaudio`s advantage is they do not need extra fluid, AudioDesk`s advantage is filtering and no pre wash. I do use Ultrasonic for the quick clean. In fact both Ultrasonics cannot beat the Source Odyssee, even better than Keith Monks. This is a fact for me! Also had the Keith Monks.

I still had to 'pre-wash" some old records with the AD. Agree re the point nozzle, but the Odyssey is no longer made. Would love to have had one. What do you use for consumables? Keith Monks thread? Does the Monks nozzle fit on the Odyssey? I'm just wondering how you can maintain one over the long term.

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
I still had to 'pre-wash" some old records with the AD. Agree re the point nozzle, but the Odyssey is no longer made. Would love to have had one. What do you use for consumables? Keith Monks thread? Does the Monks nozzle fit on the Odyssey? I'm just wondering how you can maintain one over the long term.

do use it since many years, got one of the first series with two brushes and a cover. picked it up at the manufacturer by myself. no problem at all. wash a lot of records. no exchange of parts necessary so far. the only issue is when I return from vacation I have to reactivate the brush filling by sucking with my lips pushing the liquid into the pipe. You need to be careful by doing this - just on the taste afterwards...

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
What about Ultrasonic V8 which can clean 8LPs ? Any comparison ?

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012

I haven't tried the V-8 but the principles seem to be the same; I guess somebody with more technical knowledge could weigh in on the power of the ultrasonic transducers, etc. I agree that it looks a little hokey. But, the DIY crowd has been using stuff like this for years, which is what the V-8 evolved from. Puro had posted somewhere a link to a set up that gives you the frame and rotisserie, and you order a generic ultrasonic bath- even cheaper. And it doesn't look 'bad.'
I had advocated that people go this route if looking to do it on a budget, and with the money saved, buy a 2nd hand Loricraft (I think the factory sells some at discounts that are B stock or refurbished or just 'blow-outs'). (I would be careful buying these on the used market, unless from a dealer or somebody you trust b/c they can be set up wrong, can be abused and need refurbishing, etc.) Based on my experience using the Monks and the ultrasonic (I've had both the AD and the KL), using a point nozzle vac and ultra sonic gives you a number of benefits, and the combo is synergistic.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I use a V8 in conjunction with a VPI 17F. I clean LPs first on the VPI with AI Enzyme and Premium Archivist fluids. Then into the V8 for a 5 minute cycle of distilled water/Photo-flo(3 drops per 2 gal of water). Then to dishrack to air dry in ~45 minutes. Works very well and I end up with quiet, static free LPs.

John

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello
I washed over 1200 records trouble free until now. But I now have some trouble during the drying cycle : the records doesn't turn round correctly. I mean the records slow down stops a bit and start again. Does anybody had the same trouble except me ?
I asked KLAudio what it can be but received no answer yet.
I posted this message on another thread but I think here is the right place

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello
I washed over 1200 records trouble free until now. But I now have some trouble during the drying cycle : the records doesn't turn round correctly. I mean the records slow down stops a bit and start again. Does anybody had the same trouble except me ?
I asked KLAudio what it can be but received no answer yet.
I posted this message on another thread but I think here is the right place

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
I had a issue where it would not start straight away without a push.It was a early machine.Had the sensor upgraded and has worked better then new.
Stump

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have noticed that I get much better results with two cycles through the KL cleaner. That is 2 x 5 min wash and 3 min dry.

Almost every time, better detail, more open midrange, lower noise floor and almost slightly volume ( I might be imagining this).

Anyone else noticed this and scientific reasons why?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I have noticed that I get much better results with two cycles through the KL cleaner. That is 2 x 5 min wash and 3 min dry.

Almost every time, better detail, more open midrange, lower noise floor and almost slightly volume ( I might be imagining this).

Anyone else noticed this and scientific reasons why?

I just got the machine recently and am experimenting with different settings. I tried a double cleaning cycle and liked the results. My typical routine is now 2 X 5 minute wash cycle and one three minute dry cycle.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing