Klipsch R-15m vs Klipsch Rp-150m

Jb901

Jan 4, 2020
Hey everyone! I’m currently putting together my first home audio system for my living room. I’m torn between purchasing the Klipsch r-15m and the Klipsch rp-150m. I have a sub already but it’s not a great one, which I plan on upgrading eventually. I sit about 6-7 feet away from my tv and I’ll be using the speakers for rock n roll music and movies, along with a record player. I found the r-15m for about $170, and the rp-150m for about $300. I’ve done a lot of research on each, but I’m not sure which to go with. I’m not experienced or anything, and have been listening to everything through the tv speakers and a crappy sound bar for a few years so I’m sure almost anything will sound good, however I don’t want to miss out if the rp150m are that much better. I eventually plan on getting a central speaker and probably two towers when I move into a house next year. Will having a sub make up the difference if I were to stick with the r-15m? Or should I go ahead and spend the money because the rp-150 are that much better? Please give your opinion and I really appreciate it! Thank you!

Jb901

Jan 4, 2020
Audition them both, from a place where you have a 30-day free return.
And just buy the ones you like more. No one else can do that with your ears. :)

Wish I could test them out but I don’t live anywhere near somewhere that has that option! I just ordered those Yamaha ns6490 speakers. Gonna get one of these as well just not sure which yet, and I guess if I’m not into them I’ll return. Thank you again!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing