Krell Altair Power Supply

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
Hello.
I´m looking for a Datasheet of the
KRELL ALTAIR POWER SUPPLY.
I´ve get one like New on Ebay.
And now i`m looking for some Inspiration what i may do with it.
Thanks
Adam

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
Off the top of my head I would expect a dc voltage output around +/- 50v based on a 4-500VA transformer. A look inside will dispel any doubts.

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
So, more like +/-65v when loaded. A surprisingly low amount of capacitance to be sufficient for anything on its own, as it obviously relied on more capacitors inside the amp case.

Inspirations for use? It would be great to power up the input stages of an existing amp which always brings sonic improvements. It requires a significant level of understanding but most good technicians should be able to do it successfully.

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
Hello folks.
I have now decided to sell the power supply.
You may have seen it at Hifishark.com.
Unfortunately I have no idea how much it could be worth.
Maybe someone on the forum knows something about it.
Thanks
Adam

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing