Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Hello! Im a new member from Stockholm, Sweden. I have been upgrading My system for many years now. I also have upgraded My room through the years with SMT room treatment. I started small in the beginning and now i have gone "all-in". I Will start with pictures of an older system and the first difusers and varitunes: image.jpg
A cd/difuser

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 4,455

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thank you so much! Right now om working against vibrations. My Plan is to get some Stillpoints ultra mini under My Weiss dac and driver. I use them already to the preamplifier and they are really good!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Fantastic indeed! :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you so much! Right now om working against vibrations. My Plan is to get some Stillpoints ultra mini under My Weiss dac and driver. I use them already to the preamplifier and they are really good!

Good luck! You have really designed/built a fantastic-looking (and no doubt fantastic sounding) setup. Congrats. I hate to say this, but as someone who discovered Stillpoints myself a few months ago...you owe it to your self to try Ultra 5s under your equipment as well...just try it...not obligations to buy! ;) I went from 'just a few for my speakers' to a whole bunch. I have created 'isolation sandwiches' for each component...HRS/Stillpoints underneath and HRS/Stillpoints/Artesania dampers on top. Really dropped the noise floor, and increased the 'density of tone' and solidity of presentation without changing the voice of my system. (That latter part takes work sometimes even with such good isolation equipment, but each time I got the 'sandwich right', the original voice came back...just better in every way....more note, same voice, less 'hash' or 'waver'...)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thank you guys! lloydelee21: Interesting with your input. Would you recommend one ultra5 or 3 ultra mini under My Weiss dac2? The dac is tiny, but sounds great:b.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Great setup. The word 'decicated' takes a new meaning here :)

How big is your room ?

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Great setup. The word 'decicated' takes a new meaning here :)

How big is your room ?

Hello again Elberoth! My room is quite small, its measure is about 5 x 4,7 meter before the treatment of the room. Then i loose some space building. The small varitunes building 40 centimeters and the big ones 60 cm. I shecked your room, its BIG and so beautiful. In the future i would like to move and get a bigger room, thats the dream. But with all these diffusers the sound is stretching out on the sides and in length so it feels like the room is bigger.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
I took some pictures today again with my Ipad on My Sarastros. As you can see i have "splitted" them up. The Sarastros play with the bass backwards and When I had them like that out in the room I got a dip in the area of 50hz. This was the solution to get the bass perfekt and with much more punsch forward. As a bonus I get rid of some vibration from bass to the "bookshelf" speakers. The Sarastros doesnt look as good like this but the sound moved up a couple of steps. Perfect to place the bass in the corners where I dont get dips due to the Room measurments.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
I got the insperation for my speakers from this setup, My friend Gunnar ( the.cucumber ) who is working on Audioconcept put this setup together. A couple of Focal Diablo with two small subs from Tannoy in the corners. This played so good I got a jaw-dropping moment. The soundstage was so big and deep that I couldnt believe these small speakers could sound like big ones.This room in the store Audioconcept is the first built full treated room from SMT.

image.jpg

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I got the insperation for my speakers from this setup, My friend Gunnar ( the.cucumber ) who is working on Audioconcept put this setup together. A couple of Focal Diablo with two small subs from Tannoy in the corners. This played so good I got a jaw-dropping moment. The soundstage was so big and deep that I couldnt believe these small speakers could sound like big ones.This room in the store Audioconcept is the first built full treated room from SMT.

View attachment 11202

That sure is pretty and you did a monumental job at creating your room.

Kudos

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing