Kuzma Stabi M

Vienna

VIP/Donor
It's in the bag! I just received an email from my Kuzma dealer saying that I can purchase his static demo 'walnut' version Stabi M, a great deal on too, I do feel very lucky indeed. :)

please keep us posted on your experience with the M sound

Reactions: twintech

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
If it fits with your cartridges get the 4 point as well, they work great together and 4-point is really easy to adjust and a very good arm for me. Love my stabi-m, 4 point combo! I also recommend getting the ebony clamp and the peripheral ring. I always use the ebony clamp and use the peripheral ring always with slightly warped records or the records are straight but I am deep listening.

Reactions: twintech and Vienna

Vienna

VIP/Donor
If it fits with your cartridges get the 4 point as well, they work great together and 4-point is really easy to adjust and a very good arm for me. Love my stabi-m, 4 point combo! I also recommend getting the ebony clamp and the peripheral ring. I always use the ebony clamp and use the peripheral ring always with slightly warped records or the records are straight but I am deep listening.

i totally agree with your comment for the Kuzma 4P, it’s not only the convenience and ease of adjustment. It’s mostly the precision and repeatable identical results also this a tonearm that provides so many ways to control and adjust It to your individual system’s character.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Reactions: tima

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Has anyone compared the Stabi R to the Stabi M that can opine on the differences and similarities?

I will have them back to back on 11th of April, if you can wait that long I will let you know. I have alreday listened to the Stabi R but under show conditions. I heard nothing wrong with it. Being able to use multiple tonearms is good and something you can't do with the stabi M. However, it does not decouple as good as the Stabi M. So, adding a good isolation platform from Kuzma or other vendors to the the Stabi R could be a good solution.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I will have them back to back on 11th of April, if you can wait that long I will let you know. I have alreday listened to the Stabi R but under show conditions. I heard nothing wrong with it. Being able to use multiple tonearms is good and something you can't do with the stabi M. However, it does not decouple as good as the Stabi M. So, adding a good isolation platform from Kuzma or other vendors to the the Stabi R could be a good solution.

That is right. In fact Franc Kuzma is suggesting his platform Platis for Stabi R

Reactions: tima and kodomo

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
FWIW, Kuzma has a new distributor in the UK: DEFINITIVE AUDIO-UK

https://www.definitiveaudio.co.uk/

I heard the new Kuzma R at the Bristol HiFi show last weekend. This was in a room being demonstrated by Kevin from Definitive Audio in the UK, they were using LV speakers and SJS amplification which they also sell. The Kuzma R was using a Kuzma 4 point arm with a Kuzma MC cart. Have to say the sound being made from this room was the best at the show for me, very natural sounding, nothing was forced. As a bonus they played the opening track from Making Music on ECM, a record that I am very familiar with as its one of my favourite ECM recordings.

After hearing the Kuzma R its perked and interest for myself to explore this TT further down the line

Lee

Reactions: bazelio

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I heard the new Kuzma R at the Bristol HiFi show last weekend. This was in a room being demonstrated by Kevin from Definitive Audio in the UK, they were using LV speakers and SJS amplification which they also sell. The Kuzma R was using a Kuzma 4 point arm with a Kuzma MC cart. Have to say the sound being made from this room was the best at the show for me, very natural sounding, nothing was forced. As a bonus they played the opening track from Making Music on ECM, a record that I am very familiar with as its one of my favourite ECM recordings.

After hearing the Kuzma R its perked and interest for myself to explore this TT further down the line

Lee
Someone agrees with you Lee...

https://audiophilemusings.blogspot....IYqHOCEt_0dJ21828oQ1bSHG_RvL6R-Hf4qWEeRdtsIgA

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I have both the standard and the ebony clamp as well as the Kuzma peripheral ring. Ebony clamp is better than the standard clamp and it works really well together with the peripheral ring. If I am critical listening/deep listening, I always use both.
Ditto. I use the ebony center weight in conjunction with the periphery ring. I do prefer the ebony weight to the standard screw down clamp in A/B comparison. That said, I got one at a bargain basement price and I don't think I can recommend anyone pays the current MSRP for this. The price seems to have sky rocketed and the price-to-performance ratio no longer makes sense IMO.

Last edited:

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I have also gotten my Kuzma ebony weight for a very very good price. The prices for good weights/clamps have really soared through the roof!

Reactions: bazelio

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
Another happy owner of Stabi M here. Kudos to Franc Kuzma for setting up the TT, 4P tonearm and my ZYX Universe II cartridge in Slovenia! It took me around 1 hour to assemble the whole package. All the settings were perfectly done.

I’ve been listening to my analog rig for the last 3 days and have no desire to switch to digital. Anybody wants my 2 months old Lampi GG2:);)?
View attachment 46357
Hi, I managed to find one for myself! The same finish as yours, in 'walnut' I got a really good deal too, they are very hard to find here in the U.K.

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
I'm afraid so. Noo

Indeed so. I was told that my enquiry wasn't relevant. Sure, to their business model. 100% relevant to my needs.
Hi again, Well I decided to go for the Stabi M in 'walnut' finished plinth, after emailing Franc Kuzma I was informed that Definitive Audio was now the new UK Distributor after 31 years! So I contacted Kevin Scott, and he said that he had one demonstrator M which was used at the Munich Hi - Fi show in 2018 in a high end system using Living Voice speakers, and was voted best sounding room there, and also in Franc's opinion too. He also told me that it hadn't been used much since just on static display and that it was in (pristine) condition with all original packaging and paperwork shipping crates, and a 3 year warranty etc. And overnight shipping, great service from a great new UK Distributor. Wow! What a deck this is it sounds amazing, well worth the wait! I'll keep you posted...dream on Branko Bozic...

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Here are the new shelves;

I missed the post about why the new shelves.

What were the old ones, what are the new ones and why?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Well, I've now had the Stabi M in my system for two weeks! And it is just awesome, so musical, so fast, great prat, fantastic slam. superb deep and tuneful bass, fantastic highs, you just get drawn into the music! This is a 'table for the rest of my life...
I feel the same with mine! What arm and cartridge did you put on?

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
That is right. In fact Franc Kuzma is suggesting his platform Platis for Stabi R

Very interesting. Have you tried the Platis or heard it in use?

If I recall correctly, Franc previousl offered an active isolation platform. It was someone else's manufactory. The Platis is passive - I'm guessing it is a Kuzma design.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing