KUZMA Stabi R , Silver or Wood?

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
As we all know, it all starts with a good recordplayer

Kuzma is one of those companies that gets me going. The Stabi player are available in wood or silver. I'm not quite sure yet what I want. The silver one goes well with the Audiospecials phono stage, but the wooden version R-W also has its charms. Sound-wise, the silver Stabi R-RW (Right Wing) has real punch in the bass without any softening, absolutely impressive. It doesn't have to hide even against more expensive competitors.

_DSC1695_1.jpg

groovemaster

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
As we all know, it all starts with a good recordplayer

Kuzma is one of those companies that gets me going. The Stabi player are available in wood or silver. I'm not quite sure yet what I want. The silver one goes well with the Audiospecials phono stage, but the wooden version R-W also has its charms. Sound-wise, the silver Stabi R-RW (Right Wing) has real punch in the bass without any softening, absolutely impressive. It doesn't have to hide even against more expensive competitors.

View attachment 84437

groovemaster
I like the wood better. a beautiful looking turntable.

Reactions: gleeds and Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
That Kuzma looks great - and of course they play even better. Two arms and a beautiful wood finish. Nice!

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Sorry to digress, but what is that AS Recompizer? I can’t seem to find anything on it.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Last edited:
Reactions: timztunz

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
Sorry to digress, but what is that AS Recompizer? I can’t seem to find anything on it.

The Recompizer is a function for extending the dynamics of long-running records. Unfortunately, everyone knows that records with very long running times have very tightly pressed grooves in order to fit on one side of the record at all.
The cutting enginneer has to lower the low frequency to limit the groove excursions. Result. Very thinned out, flat low bass. The Recompizer compensates for this reduction stepless in order to achieve the original dynamics again.

With modern, heavily compressed pop records of the seventies and eighties, this also works surprisingly well. The Recompizer is patented and only available with the German AS Phonolab 1.0. I wouldn't want to do without it.

The silver Kuzma player actually matches the reduced-to-the-max front design of the Phonolab even better the longer I look at it.

Greetings
groovemaster

_DSC1712_1.jpg

Reactions: timztunz

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
The Recompizer is a function for extending the dynamics of long-running records. Unfortunately, everyone knows that records with very long running times have very tightly pressed grooves in order to fit on one side of the record at all.
The cutting enginneer has to lower the low frequency to limit the groove excursions. Result. Very thinned out, flat low bass. The Recompizer compensates for this reduction stepless in order to achieve the original dynamics again.

With modern, heavily compressed pop records of the seventies and eighties, this also works surprisingly well. The Recompizer is patented and only available with the German AS Phonolab 1.0. I wouldn't want to do without it.

The silver Kuzma player actually matches the reduced-to-the-max front design of the Phonolab even better the longer I look at it.

Greetings
groovemaster

View attachment 84463
Good looking as well but not as nice as the wood.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

Greetings
groovemaster

View attachment 84463
Thank you.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

fuzzypoodle

Feb 17, 2021
Hi I was wondering if there are any concerns around the motor and power supply integrated inside the Stabi R ? Thanks!

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Hi I was wondering if there are any concerns around the motor and power supply integrated inside the Stabi R ? Thanks!
Hello - Zero issue.

Reactions: fuzzypoodle

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
no concerns so far.

Reactions: fuzzypoodle

fuzzypoodle

Feb 17, 2021

Greetings
groovemaster

View attachment 84463
H there, I have a Stabi R on order :) Exactly how you have it! Silver with the right arm wing. I also ordered mounting plate with an SME cut out for the right wing. If I want to mount another arm (I have Reed 3P 10.5 inch in mind), do i just get a blank plate and drill it ? Appreciate some guidance.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
bazelio I agree, although the last 4 Stabi R tables we sold all had a Kuzma arm. I'm anxiously waiting for a customer to order the new SAFIR 9 arm for any of the Kuzma tables. :)

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
H there, I have a Stabi R on order :) Exactly how you have it! Silver with the right arm wing. I also ordered mounting plate with an SME cut out for the right wing. If I want to mount another arm (I have Reed 3P 10.5 inch in mind), do i just get a blank plate and drill it ? Appreciate some guidance.
why do you not ask your dealer/distributor to get from Kuzma a matching armboard?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
shakti if you ordered your Stabi R thru a US dealer then they can request, per their importer (Elite A/V) the extra armboard for your Stabi R and Kuzma would predrill the hole based on your arm's specifications. There are several options for the extra armboard, it can be the full armboard like you are getting on the right or just a small "nub" of an armboard. Personally I love the look of the dual (L & R) armboards of the Stabi R, yes more expensive but looks wonderful.

(Kuzma dealer disclaimer)

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
“Lively colored” Stabi R with SAFIR 9 from the recent (Multipak High End) audio show in Croatia…

D5E683A6-109C-49D5-98F5-3DB2E49308FA.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing