L10/M10 ready in june

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Has anyone taken delivery of an L10 or M10 yet?
My first pair will be arriving in May was ordered a week or so ago. I don't believe there is a customer pair delivered in the US yet but I could be wrong.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hi Ian, in case of interest, you will find Roy Gregory's first impressions of the L10/M10 on The Audio Best website. VERY positive.

Alex_nsl

Feb 19, 2021
I was lucky to visit Sunil (Sunny Components) this weekend to listen to L10 \ M10 monoblocs with Vivid G1 Spirit. Thank you so much Sunil for your huge effort on switching so heavy Stenheim Ultime to similar to mine Vivids!

In short – that was the best High End system I ever heard (and I heard many of them). We (with my wife) spent over 5 hours switching different tracks from all possible genres and it was just impossible to stop!

The main features that place that system apart:
- Scale. Any wide scale classic sounds amazingly live and huge! The widest scene we heard before was by Gryphon Mephisto + Pandora. And it was big. CH Precision components render noticeably wider scene.
- Details and Clarity. Nothing to compare with.
- Forgiveness. In our collection we have several old \ over-compressed tracks from our college times which are good tests if the system can handle bad records. During the D’Agostino Momentum HD + M400 audition (which handled them pretty good when on many setups they were just unbearable) the dealer asked if any system where they sounded not bad. Now I know the answer to that question.

In comparison to M1.1 (that I auditioned for a long time) – better macro and micro dynamics and much better bass control when preserving overall very musical and pleasant CH presentation.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great stuff! Most curious that you have also heard the mighty Gryphon Pandora (which I have never heard) and the Gryphon Mephisto. A tricky question: any ability to make an high level comments about how you think they compare?

Alex_nsl

Feb 19, 2021
The comparison is not too fair as I auditioned Gryphon and CH systems in very different rooms and with different speakers. My personal impressions:
1. Gryphons had amazing woofers control and speed. That is very showy \ spectacular setup. Again, huge scale, second only to CH M10 monos (which are in another price league). Probably Boulder 3060 is on the same level (again much more expensive).
2. CH much more fluid \ musical \ pleasant, even bigger scale. Though not that fast.

Gryphon setup had one bright show stopper for me. It is unforgiving. If the record is bad it sounds unbearable.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The comparison is not too fair as I auditioned Gryphon and CH systems in very different rooms and with different speakers. My personal impressions:
1. Gryphons had amazing woofers control and speed. That is very showy \ spectacular setup. Again, huge scale, second only to CH M10 monos (which are in another price league). Probably Boulder 3060 is on the same level (again much more expensive).
2. CH much more fluid \ musical \ pleasant, even bigger scale. Though not that fast.

Gryphon setup had one bright show stopper for me. It is unforgiving. If the record is bad it sounds unbearable.
Great stuff! I have yet to hear CH and will definitely do so...particularly the L10/M10 series. Meanwhile, if you ever decide to consider Gryphon Mephisto...I would strongly recommend you consider the Robert Koda K15EX preamp...remarkably low noise floor (some 114db signal to noise I believe)...and designed by someone who trained with Kondo San but has his own clear vision of purity and extreme design quality which I am immensely impressed by.

With over 3,000 CDs...I really feel like this combination finds the best in that music and plays it for you. And I even have some blues albums from the 1930s and 1940s if that gives you any indication. YMMV.

Thanks again for the color/comparison.

Sunny

I was lucky to visit Sunil (Sunny Components) this weekend to listen to L10 \ M10 monoblocs with Vivid G1 Spirit. Thank you so much Sunil for your huge effort on switching so heavy Stenheim Ultime to similar to mine Vivids!

In short – that was the best High End system I ever heard (and I heard many of them). We (with my wife) spent over 5 hours switching different tracks from all possible genres and it was just impossible to stop!

The main features that place that system apart:
- Scale. Any wide scale classic sounds amazingly live and huge! The widest scene we heard before was by Gryphon Mephisto + Pandora. And it was big. CH Precision components render noticeably wider scene.
- Details and Clarity. Nothing to compare with.
- Forgiveness. In our collection we have several old \ over-compressed tracks from our college times which are good tests if the system can handle bad records. During the D’Agostino Momentum HD + M400 audition (which handled them pretty good when on many setups they were just unbearable) the dealer asked if any system where they sounded not bad. Now I know the answer to that question.

In comparison to M1.1 (that I auditioned for a long time) – better macro and micro dynamics and much better bass control when preserving overall very musical and pleasant CH presentation.
We did have fun ! 6 hour session.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Just so I understand, you are saying that the CH system was not forgiving - similar to every system you've heard them in except for the D'Agostino system?

Sunny

We now have the finest front end made with the new Wadax Reference Digital DAC. The Streamer will be coming in soon. L10 Line Pre-Amplifier, M10 Dual Mono blocks that allow Global feedback to be controlled individually to Bass and Treble as the Stenheim Reference Ultime speakers have an active crossover. All HRS Audio stands, platforms, Damping plates etc. AudioQuest Dragon Power cords and speaker cables. P1 Phono Pre, X1 Power supply, D1 SACD Player and X1 Power Supply, Technics SL-1000R turntable, Kuzma Turntables and Brinkmann Turntables. Analog on this system is eye-opening. This is the best system I have ever had in my store.

Reactions: howiebrou

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I'm not familiar with the Wadax brand but I assume you prefer it to the CH digital components?

Some pics would be nice. :)

Reactions: Sunny

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hi Ian, just FYI, the Wadax Ref DAC was reviewed in TAS and also by Roy Gregory for The Audio Beat. Both reviews are available online.

Reactions: christoph

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I'm not familiar with the Wadax brand but I assume you prefer it to the CH digital components?

Some pics would be nice. :)
I have had both the C-1 and the C1 mono in my room and in my system. I have ordered the Wadax and should get mine next month, I would be happy to discuss them with you and when I have it here you can certainly come check it out.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thank you, gentlemen.

Sunny

The Wadax Reference Digital is the FINEST DAC ever. I have not heard any better......Here's our reference system of Stenheim Reference Ultimes Active with MTM, L10 Line Preamplifier, M10 Mono Block Amplifiers, P1 Phono Stage with MYSONICLABS Cartridge and Kuzma Turntable. D1 SACD Player with X1 Power supply. All HRS Audio stands frankly improved my system by a huge margin.

Attachments

• IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: ashandger

Sunny

Just so I understand, you are saying that the CH system was not forgiving - similar to every system you've heard them in except for the D'Agostino system?
Alex felt that the CH Precision system outperformed every single system he has ever heard...

Attachments

• IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 9

Alex_nsl

Feb 19, 2021
Vice-versa. CH Precision 10 series is most forgiving system in my experience. Even worst records sounded pretty pleasant with it.
D'Agostino Momentum and Luxman 1000 are second most forgiving setups, but still there were some unlistanable tracks that were fine on CH.

Reactions: MadFloyd

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Vice-versa. CH Precision 10 series is most forgiving system in my experience. Even worst records sounded pretty pleasant with it.
D'Agostino Momentum and Luxman 1000 are second most forgiving setups, but still there were some unlistanable tracks that were fine on CH.
Many thanks for the feedback Alex. This is an important criteria for me as well as don't want system to limit the music I listen to. May I ask if you have had a chance to listen to Dartzeel pre and power amps and if so, how did they compare?

Alex_nsl

Feb 19, 2021
Many thanks for the feedback Alex. This is an important criteria for me as well as don't want system to limit the music I listen to. May I ask if you have had a chance to listen to Dartzeel pre and power amps and if so, how did they compare?
Nope, unfortunately I was not able to find Dartzeel available for audition in US. Their US distributor bluelightaudio did not respond on that question and that was obvious red flag on that brand.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing