La Assoluta

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
nice.

thanks Rudolf.
You are most welcome, Mike. Although somewhat brief it gives an idea about what is driving the mastermind behind Tidal Audio.

Due to personal circumstances I have not been able to give additional feedback as regards my LA/Kondo system. Hopefully this will change in the near future. But I can say this for now: the Kondo Kagura’s have played for around 1750 hours and the three Tripoint emperor mk ii ground cables are fully burned in. The current combination of (i) utterly transparent (or ‘silent’) transducers like the Tidal LA’s, (ii) the incredible refinement and unmechanicalness of the Kondo (pre)amps and (iii) an extremely low noisefloor and all the other sonic benefits of the various Tripoint emperor components yields a (music) presentation at a level that I have never experienced before.

Does this all imply a more or less perfect reproduction? Of course not. Can the system be bettered? Sure it can. Any ideas about how to achieve this? Sure, but I will share these plans somewhere in the future with you.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Due to all kind of circumstances I have not posted much on WBF the last couple of months. Also I have not been able to listen a lot to the Tidal LA system lately. However, I made one major change to the LA system: I replaced my (Lampizator) server by a new - and windows based - dedicated digital server.

We all know how important source components are. That said, I was (and I still am) amazed how big a difference (for the better of course) a server can make in digital replay.

A new server with a separate reclocker brings the need for additional usb/LAN-cables. And this indicates a ‘burning in proces’ I am afraid. I am sure that the LAN-cable I am trying at the moment is not played in yet. Furthermore different LAN-cables really do make a difference in sound reproduction /quality, but I suppose the latter is nothing new for those audiophiles who have experimented with different lan-cables in high quality audio set ups.

Will report later, that is after the burning in of the various digital cables has been finished, about my definitive findings. Needless to say that I am already very happy with my new server.

May 12, 2017
Texas
Happy New Year Rudolf! I'm interested in hearing about the new server, I hope you've been well.

Dave

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Happy New Year Rudolf!

Enjoy the new server!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thank you Dave and Ron. I wish you and all your loved ones a wonderful 2019 as well!

Due to a divorce (which is still pending) and all ‘the shit’ involved 2018 has not been a good year, but I am really looking forward to a better 2019. Apart from the new server I hope to able to push the ‘LA envelop’ further in a few months time. If this can indeed be realized, I will keep you all posted of course.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Thank you Dave and Ron. I wish you and all your loved ones a wonderful 2019 as well!

Due to a divorce (which is still pending) and all ‘the shit’ involved 2018 has not been a good year, but I am really looking forward to a better 2019. Apart from the new server I hope to able to push the ‘LA envelop’ further in a few months time. If this can indeed be realized, I will keep you all posted of course.
Sorry to hear of this news, Rudolf. Hoping 2019 is much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 12, 2017
Texas

Sorry to hear about this, I wish you and your family the best and a happy 2019!!

Dave

Happy New Year,...may 2019 see all of your 2018 problems resolved and put behind you and more time available for enjoying great
music on that beautiful system! BTW...you are not alone,, and I feel your pain! Tomorrow is another day as they say,....'Thank God!' :)

Like Ron and others I'd love to know more about this new server you are talking about with separate reclocking! I take it the Lampizator
you moved on from was the SuperKomputer in one of its forms; would like to know what you found to best that great server....

All the best for a better 2019!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Happy New Year,...may 2019 see all of your 2018 problems resolved and put behind you and more time available for enjoying great
music on that beautiful system! BTW...you are not alone,, and I feel your pain! Tomorrow is another day as they say,....'Thank God!' :)

Like Ron and others I'd love to know more about this new server you are talking about with separate reclocking! I take it the Lampizator
you moved on from was the SuperKomputer in one of its forms; would like to know what you found to best that great server....

All the best for a better 2019!
Thanks much for your kind words. Really appreciated.

My Lampi server is a predessor of the current Lampi Super Komputer. If I have understood it correctly, the sonic differences between my Lampi server and the current Lampi Super Komputer are small though, but in all honesty I never made an a/b comparison. The sonic benefits that came with the new dedicated digital server are (to my ears anyway) quite significant indeed. Still burning in the new LAN-cable and USB-cable that I hooked up some time ago (how much burning in do LAN-cables actually need? I suppose some will claim non at all?).

Will supply more technical details and info about the new server as well as musical impressions once I have the feeling that the burning in has been finished.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing