La Assoluta

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolph,

I found massive benefits from heavily grounding digital equipment (server and dac) - much larger improvement than even my analogue at the time.

I think you’ll be happy. Did you sweat the details on your network yet? You might wish to think about linear power supply on routers / switches and heavy grounding too.
Thanks Bill. I fully understand your findings because in the end it is 'garbage in, garbage out'. A 'clean' source is of the utmost importance. That said, I am somewhat afraid about the following: is my audio system not going to show (some of) the limitations of digital replay (more clearly) once you start to remove even more (digital/audio) distortion with Miguel's out of this world ground cables? So in other words: I am not sure if this step is going to be a mixed blessing. That is something I hope to find out in the next couple of monhs.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Rudolph, I can't comment on Troy being a mixed blessing. But all the digital I've experienced which is most listenable has had massive attention to mitigation of noise.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolf,
I need to ground my Aurender as well, its probably why I listen to the spinner. Let me know if you decide to use a LPS for your router. I've been reading more threads about ethernet upgrades. I'll need Miguel's help to figure out where to put the grounding cable. All my other components have a ground connection. Check out the GigaFoil v4 with a quality LPS. Seems interesting. I hope your doing well!

Dave
Thanks for your kind words, Dave. Life has been (much) better in all honesty due to the 'divorce shit' and lawyers involment. But I will survive and hope that the future will bring the opportunity to enyou the audio system again. Have barely listened the last couple of months. Going to check out the GigaFoil v4. Thanks again.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolph, I can't comment on Troy being a mixed blessing. But all the digital I've experienced which is most listenable has had massive attention to mitigation of noise.
Thanks Marc. Fully get Bill's, Mike's and your experience with getting rid of the noise with digital components. My 'grounding' with (i) the Tripoint emperor mk ii 'ground' station and (ii) Miguel's top of the line ground cables is rather extreme and the sonic benefits are huge. In combination with extremely revealing loudspeakers like the Tidal LA Assoluta I really do not know how the digital sound will turm out, but I am most curious to find out.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Thanks Bill. I fully understand your findings because in the end it is 'garbage in, garbage out'. A 'clean' source is of the utmost importance. That said, I am somewhat afraid about the following: is my audio system not going to show (some of) the limitations of digital replay (more clearly) once you start to remove even more (digital/audio) distortion with Miguel's out of this world ground cables? So in other words: I am not sure if this step is going to be a mixed blessing. That is something I hope to find out in the next couple of monhs.
I found that digital sounded more analogue when I added the heavy grounding. So you might find the opposite (that meaning - enjoying digital more).

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I found that digital sounded more analogue when I added the heavy grounding. So you might find the opposite (that meaning - enjoying digital more).
That would be great, Bill.

Grounding both my Kondo Kagura’s with their (full) copper chassis is (very likely) going to be very effective. Really looking forward to that as adding Miguel’s grounding scheme to my Kondo G-1000 linestage yielded fantastic sonic results (as, btw, did grounding my LA’s with their incorporated grounding features).

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
That would be great, Bill.

Grounding both my Kondo Kagura’s with their (full) copper chassis is (very likely) going to be very effective. Really looking forward to that as adding Miguel’s grounding scheme to my Kondo G-1000 linestage yielded fantastic sonic results (as, btw, did grounding my LA’s with their incorporated grounding features).
I feel fairly sure your Kaguras will benefit a lot!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The plans as regards my Tidal LA set up have become more or less final. Miguel of Tripoint Audio will visit me at the end of next month and will bring along three addtional Emperor mk II ground cables.

Quite a lot will be done, such as adding dedicated grounding schemes and grounding binding posts to both my Kondo Kagura set amps, to my dedicated music server and possibly to the Tidal Camira dac as well. Furthermore we have planned to change the spades of the two Emperor mk ii ground cables that are connected to my Tidal LA's (the current spades are somewhat small, so the connection with the Tidal LA's is possibly not ideal at the moment and bigger spades might yield additional musical benefits).

If all goes according to plan six Emperor mk II cables will be installed in the Tidal LA set up at the end of May 2019: two for the Tidal LA's, one for my Kondo g-1000 linestage, two for the Kagura poweramps and one to my server or dac.

Maybe Miguel is going to try some signal grounding as well but only if some time remains for such an experiment.

Adding the three Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cables to the LA set up last year brought the system to an alltogether different level. I refer to my previous comments in this thread. By adding another three of these magical sounding ground cables we will hopefully be able to achieve something very special indeed.

One of our WBF members (with very good ears and Tripoint experience) might visit us at the end of Miguels stay and in order to listen to the Tidal LA set up and sp[eak in depth with Miguel.

Really looking forward to all this.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
As regards Roy’s review of the Tidal LA’s I would like to make one additional comment. Roy does not mention that the LA’s have the dedicated grounding features that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Nor does he mention the topic of grounding. Connecting the Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground to the Tidal LA’s made a huge difference for the better in my set up and that is because the LA’s are extremely transparent transducers. So all the ‘nasty noise’ or ‘pollution’ produced by the various audio components are laid bare by this speakers; this explains why getting rid of this ‘noise/pollution’ through ‘grounding’ is so rewarding. Combining the LA’s with the beautiful ‘grounding’ products of Tripoint Audio results in an incredible emotional or humane music presentation.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
You are most welcome, Norman. Three additional Tripoint Emperor mk ii cables arrived to day and if everything goes according to plan I will pick up Miguel next Tuesday at Schiphol airport.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
just read Roy's review. he says some really great things and i can only imagine in a system such as yours not only with grounding, but better sources, that it's got to be just fantastic.

Enjoy Rudolf.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
just read Roy's review. he says some really great things and i can only imagine in a system such as yours not only with grounding, but better sources, that it's got to be just fantastic.

Enjoy Rudolf.
To be fair, his better sources (the Da Vinci, Walker, blue Pearl jem, and Forsell with his original LPs) are all grounded

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
You are most welcome, Norman. Three additional Tripoint Emperor mk ii cables arrived to day and if everything goes according to plan I will pick up Miguel next Tuesday at Schiphol airport.
Rudolf,
I hope you're doing well, congrats on the new gear. Let us know how it sounds with all those Emperor Mkii in the system, hopefully broken in already. Hope you guys have fun

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

Enjoy Rudolf.
Thanks Mike. Undoubtedly Jorn (CEO of Tidal Audio) let Roy listen to the LA’s ungrounded with a reason. But in light of my experience as regards grounding both my Tidal LA’s with Miguel’s ‘Anaconda’s’ I strongly believe Roy has not heard the full potential of the LA’s. Notwithstanding this reservation Roy was very seriously impressed. I suppose that is saying quite a lot.

Today my dedicated music server was sort of reinstalled with an ethernet cable directly connected to it in stead of a wireless connection. Offcourse this cat7a cable needs much more playing in hours before it can be considered fully broken in. But already the jump forward was amazing, in particular as regards soundstaging (the soundstage depth and the 3d presentation within that huge soundstage is staggering actually) and transparency. Here is a link to the WBF thread in which my LDMS server is being discussed:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/ldms-server.27781/post-571301

Once Miguel has done his Tripoint ‘magic’ I will report again.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing