La Assoluta

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolph,

I found massive benefits from heavily grounding digital equipment (server and dac) - much larger improvement than even my analogue at the time.

I think you’ll be happy. Did you sweat the details on your network yet? You might wish to think about linear power supply on routers / switches and heavy grounding too.
Thanks Bill. I fully understand your findings because in the end it is 'garbage in, garbage out'. A 'clean' source is of the utmost importance. That said, I am somewhat afraid about the following: is my audio system not going to show (some of) the limitations of digital replay (more clearly) once you start to remove even more (digital/audio) distortion with Miguel's out of this world ground cables? So in other words: I am not sure if this step is going to be a mixed blessing. That is something I hope to find out in the next couple of monhs.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Rudolph, I can't comment on Troy being a mixed blessing. But all the digital I've experienced which is most listenable has had massive attention to mitigation of noise.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolf,
I need to ground my Aurender as well, its probably why I listen to the spinner. Let me know if you decide to use a LPS for your router. I've been reading more threads about ethernet upgrades. I'll need Miguel's help to figure out where to put the grounding cable. All my other components have a ground connection. Check out the GigaFoil v4 with a quality LPS. Seems interesting. I hope your doing well!

Dave
Thanks for your kind words, Dave. Life has been (much) better in all honesty due to the 'divorce shit' and lawyers involment. But I will survive and hope that the future will bring the opportunity to enyou the audio system again. Have barely listened the last couple of months. Going to check out the GigaFoil v4. Thanks again.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolph, I can't comment on Troy being a mixed blessing. But all the digital I've experienced which is most listenable has had massive attention to mitigation of noise.
Thanks Marc. Fully get Bill's, Mike's and your experience with getting rid of the noise with digital components. My 'grounding' with (i) the Tripoint emperor mk ii 'ground' station and (ii) Miguel's top of the line ground cables is rather extreme and the sonic benefits are huge. In combination with extremely revealing loudspeakers like the Tidal LA Assoluta I really do not know how the digital sound will turm out, but I am most curious to find out.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Thanks Bill. I fully understand your findings because in the end it is 'garbage in, garbage out'. A 'clean' source is of the utmost importance. That said, I am somewhat afraid about the following: is my audio system not going to show (some of) the limitations of digital replay (more clearly) once you start to remove even more (digital/audio) distortion with Miguel's out of this world ground cables? So in other words: I am not sure if this step is going to be a mixed blessing. That is something I hope to find out in the next couple of monhs.
I found that digital sounded more analogue when I added the heavy grounding. So you might find the opposite (that meaning - enjoying digital more).

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I found that digital sounded more analogue when I added the heavy grounding. So you might find the opposite (that meaning - enjoying digital more).
That would be great, Bill.

Grounding both my Kondo Kagura’s with their (full) copper chassis is (very likely) going to be very effective. Really looking forward to that as adding Miguel’s grounding scheme to my Kondo G-1000 linestage yielded fantastic sonic results (as, btw, did grounding my LA’s with their incorporated grounding features).

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
That would be great, Bill.

Grounding both my Kondo Kagura’s with their (full) copper chassis is (very likely) going to be very effective. Really looking forward to that as adding Miguel’s grounding scheme to my Kondo G-1000 linestage yielded fantastic sonic results (as, btw, did grounding my LA’s with their incorporated grounding features).
I feel fairly sure your Kaguras will benefit a lot!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing