La Assoluta

May 12, 2017
Texas
Rudolf,
I'm interested to hear about signal grounding and happy the LA system continues to improve! I'll try and get Miguel to Texas sometime in the future. Good times

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hello Dave,

As regards your question related to signal grounding: please reach out to Miguel because he can explain in depth what he is doing and trying to achieve with his Tripoint signal grounding.

Miguel has visited me twice: about one and half year ago and at this moment. During his first stay he brought along two Emperor mk i ground cables (which we connected to the Tidal LA loudspeakers) and one Emperor mk ii ground cable (which was connected to my Kondo g-1000 linestage). This first experience with Miguel’s (top of the line) ground cables blew me totally out of the water because the end results of this top notch Tripoint grounding were much more profound than I had ever envisaged. I have described earlier in this thread what happened (for the better) - musically speaking - once I hooked up the three Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cables in my Tidal LA / Kondo / Tripoint system so I will not repeat myself.

But in order to be so hugely effective one has to keep the following aspects in mind: first of all this is not only a matter of combining some kind of ground wire with some kind of (star) grounding mechanism. No, actually the Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cable is by far the best ground cable I have ever encountered. It is an extremely fast cable that somehow is able to unleash the full potential of an audio system. You and Markus know how impressive these ‘anaconda’s’ are.

Secondly you need a state of the art ‘ground’ station: during his first visit Miguel updated my Emperor mk i ‘ground’ station to mk ii status. That is the first time I experienced for myself how meticiously he works, how evolved his ‘grounding’ technique actually is and how much time and effort he puts into all this in order to get maximum results. Likely some of the WBF members would characterize him as an ‘audio extremist’ or ‘audio wizard’.

Thirdly, adding a. high quality grounding binding posts and b. dedicated (Tripoint) grounding schemes to the various audio components is crucial. I am very lucky that Jorn of Tidal audio implemented dedicated grounding features into the LA loudspeakers; as I mentioned earlier in this LA thread that is not only a matter of adding some grounding binding posts to the loudspeakers. As regards all my other audio components: Miguel not only added top notch grounding binding posts to my Kondo g-1000 linestage, Telefunken tapedeck, Kondo Kagura poweramps and LDMS music server but also implemented Tripoint grounding schemes in all these components. This includes inter alia inserting his very special and gorgeous sounding ground wire. And just to give you an idea: it took Miguel twenty years to perfect his ground wire and ‘grounding’ techniques (I refer to my earlier comments as regards the fact that Tripoint is not only a matter of grounding).

So I guess what I am actually saying is the following: it is a great idea to let Miguel visit you some day in the future to work with your audio system. Because in my case I do not hesitate for one moment to reach the following conclusion: what he has accomplished during his two visits is transformational. Without his help and his skills I - undoubtedly - would never have reached this level of fidelity. The Tidal LA’s turned out to be even much (and I really mean) much!) better sounding transducers than I ever thought them to be (and I loved the LA’ from the first moment I encountered them). The same applies to all the other audio components I am currently employing. So indeed, try to get Miguel over to your place and let him add his ‘magic’ to your audio system. I promise you that you will not regret it!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Yesterday was a very long and intensive (audio) day on which Miguel accomplished the following:
- Replacing the two spades of the two Emperor mk ii ground cables that are connected to my LA loudspeakers by two somewhat larger spades in order to establish better contact with the dedicated grounding binding posts of these loudspeakers. This involved inter alia doing some soldering.
- Cleaning and polishing the binding posts of the Emperor mk ii ground station and Kondo g-1000 linestage.
- Last time Miguel visited me he grounded the power supply of my g-1000. As a sort of audio ‘bonus’ he not only added a grounding binding post but also his Tripoint grounding scheme to the main chassis of my g-1000 linestage. I will explain later in more detail what he is trying to achieve with this at short notice. All I can say for now is that what I experienced with this last step yesterday evening astonished me.

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I am much amaze by the improvement in the clips from your first day to the third day. The first day the sound is dark, less decay and mechanical like you said. The third day sound phenomenal with decay going forever. The dark sound improve to a more beautiful tone. The fourth day is like all the mechanicalness disappear, the sound is natural and life like.

Very interesting to witness.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks much Hieukm. For those who are interested: you can find the clips Hieukm is referring to on Miguel’s facebook page. These clips were recorded on day 1 till day 4. We will posting day 5 video clips very shortly.

Due to all the new Tripoint wires installed in the Kagura’s, g-1000 main chassis and LDMS server as well as due all the soldering involved the system still needs to stabilize.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
What a journey Rudolf, what a journey - respect for your dedication and willingness to push the boundaries

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I know discussion of prices in the uber high end is frowned upon, but I'd love to know what going deep on the top Troy option equates to.

Rudolph, if you're now chassis- AND signal-grounding multiple sources, pre, monos, and spkrs, this surely necessitates more than one Elite or Emperor, and effectively at least one dozen if not two dozen grounding cables which Miguel prices at the stratospheric levels reserved for stuff like MasterBuilt.

In a top tt/server-dac/tape system, going top Troy signal plus chassis grounding would equate to 2-3 Emperors and 24 uber ground cbls to go all in.

What's the price tag on all this?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
With all due respect, Spirit, I am not going to answer stupid questions. Reach out to the manufacturer if you are really interested in getting some high quality grounding.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
With all due respect, Spirit, I am not going to answer stupid questions. Reach out to the manufacturer if you are really interested in getting some high quality grounding.
Gentlemen NEVER discuss money LOL.

May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Thirdly, adding a. high quality grounding binding posts and b. dedicated (Tripoint) grounding schemes to the various audio components is crucial. I am very lucky that Jorn of Tidal audio implemented dedicated grounding features into the LA loudspeakers; as I mentioned earlier in this LA thread that is not only a matter of adding some grounding binding posts to the loudspeakers. As regards all my other audio components: Miguel not only added top notch grounding binding posts to my Kondo g-1000 linestage, Telefunken tapedeck, Kondo Kagura poweramps and LDMS music server but also implemented Tripoint grounding schemes in all these components. This includes inter alia inserting his very special and gorgeous sounding ground wire. And just to give you an idea: it took Miguel twenty years to perfect his ground wire and ‘grounding’ techniques (I refer to my earlier comments as regards the fact that Tripoint is not only a matter of grounding) (...)
Thanks, I think I am now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel - did Miguel change the internal grounding system of the equipment?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks, I think I am now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel - did Miguel change the internal grounding system of the equipment?
You are most welcome. And yes, Miguel did indeed change the internal grounding system of all the equipment I mentioned earlier. And the differences for the better are staggering.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Thanks much Goran. If you have time and and maybe visit Holland somewhere in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.
Thanks a lot for the invitation - really appreciate it! Would be cool if I could join forces with Norman and we come together for a spin.
Same invitation is valid for you if road takes you to this places here!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
In the Monoandstereo link (see the previous post) you can find a video of the Dutch soprano Lenneke Ruiten singing a Mozart aria, recorded by Pentatone classics in dsd 64.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Miguel did quite a lot of labour the last couple of days, including quite some soldering because adding new grounding schemes to the main chassis of the g-1000, both my Kagura amps and LDMS server involved soldering. The same applies to changing the spades of the two Emperor mk ii ground cables, which cables are connected to the Tidal LA’s.

Furthermore, the completely new Tripoint silver signature se signal grounding cable - which cable connects the Tidal Camira dac to my Emperor mk ii ground station - as well as all the completely new Tripoint ground wire that Miguel inserted in all these audio components need breaking in time. Luckily Miguel broke in the three new ‘anaconda’s’ before they were shipped to me.

So now it is a only a matter of playing in and enduring the various shifts that happen during the various listening sessions. Markus and a friend of him will visit us this afternoon; hopefully the system will start ‘behaving’ itself.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Yesterday Miguel supplied me with one last grounding ‘bonus’. Because he did so many things the last five days I am going to list them one more time (just to be sure):

Last Tuesday (day one)
- Putting three new coasters under the Emperor mk ii ground station.
- Signal grounding of the Tidal Camira dac.

Last Wednesday (day two):
- Adding dedicated grounding posts and grounding schemes to the Kagura monoblocs.
- Inserting two additional Emperor mk ii ground cables.

Last Thursday (day three):
- Adding a dedicated grounding post and grounding scheme to the powersupply of the LDMS server.
- Inserting one additional Emperor mk ii ground cable.
- Rebiassing the (four) 211 tubes in the Kagura amps.

Last Friday (day four):
- Changing the spades of the two Emperor mk ii grounding cables that are connected to the Tidal LA’s.
- Cleaning and polishing all binding posts of the Emperor mk ii ground station that are actually being used.
- Adding a dedicated grounding post and grounding scheme to the main chassis of the G-1000 linestage (the power supply of the G-1000 was already grounded during Miguel’s first visit to me).

Last Saturday (day five):
- Just enjoying ourselves and relaxing a little bit.

Yesterday (day six):
- Receiving Markus and a friend of his.
- Replacing the Halcyonics micro 40 platform under the LDMS server by a (thick) platform of (only) ebony wood.
- Adding a dedicated grounding binding post and grounding scheme to the main chassis of the LDMS server.

Today Miguel will be leaving; so I will drop him off at Schiphol airport this afternoon.

Will wrap up the sonic effects (sofar) of all these steps later on. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, due to all the soldering involved and due to employing a completely new Tripoint signal ground cable as well as completely new Tripoint internal ground wires in all mentioned audio components everything needs to settle in before I will be able to reach any final conclusion(s). According to Miguel this will take approximately 30 days. However, some preliminary conclusions can already be drawn. Will do this later.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Just back from the airport: Miguel will be airborn in about 5 minutes. Although the week was pretty intensive as we worked hard we also had really great fun together. And man, these Americans play their systems loud (Ron also cranked the volume up and up when he visited me some time ago to listen to the Genesis 1.1 / Kondo system).

There is one thing I have not explitcitly mentioned yet im my descriptions and that is the following: Miguel not only added dedicated grounding posts and grounding schemes to the main chassis of 1. the Kondo g-1000 linestage and 2. the LDMS music server. In addition he made me two special - and commercial not available - jumpers which are connected to the dedicated binding posts of the ps of these two units. Because the Emperor mk ii ground cable is connected to the ps of the linestage and the ps of the music server a large part of the magic of that fabulous ground cable is transported to main chassis of both the g-1000 and the LDMS trough the jumpers. In this way not only the separate ps but also the head units of these components benefit from the ‘anaconda’.

Yesterday - when Markus and his friend visited me - Miguel once demonstrated the sonic differences by disconnecting and connecting this special jumper with regard to the Kondo g-1000: the music presentation became so much less real, more mechanical, less spacious and less 3d that both visitors heard the differences in a heartbeat and were - I think I am allowed to say so - seriously impressed by it.

Although the sonic effects were - in my view anyway - less dramatic with the LDMS server they were still very significant: inter alia more body /density / serenity and a more beautiful (or say fuller) tonality.

As you all know I am a strong believer in the importance of grounding. The Tidal LA’s let you hear everything what is going on in the system and they again demonstrated in no uncertain terms how important and effective the Tripoint grounding (I call it grounding but the Tripoint technique involves - as mentioned earlier - more than only grounding) actually is. I suppose the adage ‘hearing is believing’ is indeed applicable.

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Hi Rudolph,

I am curious about what Miguel is doing with these “schemes” as you refer to them. Are you saying that Miguel has changed the safety grounding scheme of the Kagura monoblocks as in creating a de novo scheme that is superior to the existing scheme which has now been removed? What “scheme” did he apply specifically to LDMS server?

Thanks a lot.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolph,

I am curious about what Miguel is doing with these “schemes” as you refer to them. Are you saying that Miguel has changed the safety grounding scheme of the Kagura monoblocks as in creating a de novo scheme that is superior to the existing scheme which has now been removed? What “scheme” did he apply specifically to LDMS server?

Thanks a lot.
Hello Bill,

Yes indeed: he changes the grounding of the various audio components by implementing a grounding scheme that is (vastly) superior to the ones the various audio manufacturers are applying. Therefore a special treated grounding post (that alone takes him around 3-4 hours - not taking the drilling into account) is added to the components and consequently his very special ground wire (which he perfected in a period of twenty years) is implemented. Every time he studies the different topology of the various audio components before he installs his own grounding scheme. And I am sorry, but I cannot go in more detail as this is a Tripoint ‘secret’. What I can say is that the server of Lucas sounds better than ever.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing