La Assoluta

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Hello Bill,

Yes indeed: he changes the grounding of the various audio components by implementing a grounding scheme that is (vastly) superior to the ones the various audio manufacturers are applying. Therefore a special treated grounding post (that alone takes him around 3-4 hours - not taking the drilling into account) is added to the components and consequently his very special ground wire (which he perfected in a period of twenty years) is implemented. Every time he studies the different topology of the various audio components before he installs his own grounding scheme. And I am sorry, but I cannot go in more detail as this is a Tripoint ‘secret’. What I can say is that the server of Lucas sounds better than ever.
So he changed the grounding scheme and attached a grounding post meaning that there is no longer the safety ground through the IEC and you only get the safety ground via the Tripoint?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
I understand but as I mentioned before, I cannot go into more details Bill.
Hi Rudolph,

Sorry to probe - I wasn’t really interested in any secret, special recipe to be revealed but wanted to know at a macro level whether he has disconnected your safety ground or just added a binding post and done some chassis grounding. Whilst it might seem trivial to some readers, this information is rather important because it impacts the safety of your products. More importantly it will invalidate the warranty on almost all products as well as invalidate CE marking. The latter important since if (heaven forbid) you developed an electrical fault and someone got injured or it started a fire, your insurance will not be worth the paper it is written on.
Also trying to establish whether the upgrade has effectively re-designed Kondo San’s Kagura circuit or the circuit is untouched.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hello Bill,

No, the safery ground was not disconnected by Miguel; he indeed added - in your words - a (grounding) binding post in order to realize maximum chassis grounding. And no, the Kondo Kagura circuit was not altered in any way! As a consequence the Kondo purity, serinity and unmechanicalness that I love so much has been enhanced by the Tripoint technique while the Kagura’s have become much more dynamic / powerful. Distortion affects the performance of our (beloved) audio components very seriously and getting rid of this distorsion is of the greatest importance in order to be able to experience what they are really capable of.

Hopefully this answer makes things more clear.

May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hello Bill,

Yes indeed: he changes the grounding of the various audio components by implementing a grounding scheme that is (vastly) superior to the ones the various audio manufacturers are applying. Therefore a special treated grounding post (that alone takes him around 3-4 hours - not taking the drilling into account) is added to the components and consequently his very special ground wire (which he perfected in a period of twenty years) is implemented. Every time he studies the different topology of the various audio components before he installs his own grounding scheme. And I am sorry, but I cannot go in more detail as this is a Tripoint ‘secret’. What I can say is that the server of Lucas sounds better than ever.
Well this Tripoint 'secret' - separating the signal and chassis ground according to bandwiths - is nothing new in instrumentation. He probably optimizes the paths in equipment for the grounding capabilities of the Tripoint Emperor. It can be done safely.

IMHO the purpose of manufacturer secrets is mostly avoiding internet chat - anyone can easily reverse engineer a product to find these changes. I do it often just to please my own technical curiosity, but respect manufacturer wishes and do not disclose them.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Congratulation on achieving a new level of sound AC. I listened to a few videos of your system from Miguel's fb page and thought there was one vid of a classical piece I am not familiar with (maybe a Bartok :)) that sounded very surprising. The music was complex and your system was holding all instruments to themself really really well. What surprised me most was how a phone recording capture the depth and staging of the music that was being play in this particular video superbly. Normally phone recording does not give you a sense of depth or how or where instruments stage. In room listening must be spectacular. May I ask what classical piece that was on the Day5.

Kind regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Congratulation on achieving a new level of sound AC. I listened to a few videos of your system from Miguel's fb page and thought there was one vid of a classical piece I am not familiar with (maybe a Bartok :)) that sounded very surprising. The music was complex and your system was holding all instruments to themself really really well. What surprised me most was how a phone recording capture the depth and staging of the music that was being play in this particular video superbly. Normally phone recording does not give you a sense of depth or how or where instruments stage. In room listening must be spectacular. May I ask what classical piece that was on the Day5.

Kind regards,
Tang
Thanks Tang for your kind words. Indeed the LA’s or the complete set up do - what I always call - the ‘unraveling act’ really well. And as regards soundstaging: adding the various Tripoint emperor mk ii grounding cables resulted in a wide(r) and deep(er) soundstage. Also the LA system opened up more and more after we started adding more and more ‘anaconda’s’. A few times (when all the nasty swings were absent) Miguel did not speak anymore about removing the room boundaries (or getting rid of the side and back walls of my listening room) but he felt that he was actually being ‘transported’ to the recording venue.

I need to check this video because we played an awful lot of (classical and non classical) music last week (and I am not on facebook myself).

Btw, the music videos Miguel put on his facebook page and which he showed me while he was with me have (way) too much compression. He will download some of these music videos to youtube; hopefully these music videos on youtube will give you a much better understanding of how the LA system actually sounds in real life.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Btw, before I forget: I did not ‘expose’ Miguel to any music of Bartok;). Likely it was the fifth symphony of Shostakovich directed by Manfred Honeck (a original dsd 256 Fresh Reference Recordings done by the Soundmirror team), but I need to check to be sure.

Last edited:
May 12, 2017
Texas
Rudolf,
You guys were certainly busy. Miguel said your room turned into the music hall which means there may actually be a finish line in audio. Congrats

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Rudolf,
... which means there may actually be a finish line in audio. Congrats
Seems to me that devil is hidden in restless soul so I'm kind of certain Rudolf will find new ways of upgrading his gear :D:cool:

May 12, 2017
Texas
Seems to me that devil is hidden in restless soul so I'm kind of certain Rudolf will find new ways of upgrading his gear :D:cool:
I think we all will.:cool:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolf,
You guys were certainly busy. Miguel said your room turned into the music hall which means there may actually be a finish line in audio. Congrats
Many thanks Dave. And yes, Miguel was - during the moments the system ‘behaved’ itself notwithstanding (i) all the completely new Tripoint cables and (ii) after all his soldering - super enthousiast about the staging capabilities of the LA system.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
When you make such dramatic steps for the better as I did last week with the help of Miguel it is unavoidable that some recordings turn out to be not as good as you thought them to be while others surprise in a (very) positive way. Many years ago I bought quite a few DVD-R dara discs from Reference Recordings. These HRx recordings are in the 24 bit 176.4 kHz format; I copied those to my NAS. In particular some of the ‘Eiji Oue recordings’ with the Minnesota Orchestra sound in this format very impressive indeed. Pleasantly surprised that they sound (so) much better than I gave them credit for in the past.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Rudolf, congrats on your latest additions to your system! It's good to see you've still got your lovely Zanden transport. Are you feeding it off an Audio Note dac? Also do you still have your Genesis 1.1's in that beautiful rosewood finish?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hello Bodhi,

In the past I had two cd-transport / dac combinations available for cd replay. I combined the Metronome Kalista recerence cd-transport with the Kondo ksl dac as well as the Zanden 2000-p cd-transport with the Zanden 5000 signature dac. Sold the first combo a while ago because I preferred - musically speaking - the latter combination to the former.

At the moment I am combining the Zanden cd-transport with the Tidal Camira dac (this dac can play up to dxd as well as up to dsd 256). In this way I am able to compare (the quality of) cd-replay to files-replay. Still consider the Zanden 2000-p transport (and the Zanden 5000 signature dac) as one of the ‘best’ or one of the most ‘musical’ sounding transports casu quo dacs.

Yes, the Genesis 1.1 (actually due to our work with its xovers - we removed all original xover parts and added (only) Duelund silver components - it sounds much, much better than a ‘regular’ Genesis 1.1) still stands in my listening room. However, due to a combination of circumstances I have not played it for quite a while. I am considering selling the complete Genesis /Kondo system.

Last edited:

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Hello Bodhi,

In the past I had two cd-transport / dac combinations available for cd replay. I combined the Metronome Kalista recerence cd-transport with the Kondo ksl dac as well as the Zanden 2000-p cd-transport with the Zanden 5000 signature dac. Sold the first combo a while ago because I preferred - musically speaking - the latter combination to the former.

At the moment I am combining the Zanden cd-transport with the Tidal Camira dac (this dac can play up to dxd as well as up to dsd 256). In this way I am able to compare the (quality of) cd-replay to files-replay. Still consider the Zanden 2000-p transport (and the Zanden 5000 signature dac) as one of the ‘best’ or one of the most ‘musical’ sounding transports casu quo dacs.

Yes, the Genesis 1.1 (actually due to our work with its xovers - we removed all original xover parts and added (only) Duelund silver components - it sounds much, much better than a ‘regular’ Genesis 1.1) still stands in my listening room. However, due to a combination of circumstances I have not played it for quite a while. I am considering selling the complete Genesis /Kondo system.
Hi Audiocrack, have you ever consider room treatment for your system? I understand Miguel also do power cable, have you ever consider or try them? :D

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack, have you ever consider room treatment for your system? I understand Miguel also do power cable, have you ever consider or try them? :D
Hello Hieukm,

As regards room treatment: I never wanted to change the living / listening room in some sort of ‘audio mausoleum’. I fully understand that many WBF members - looking at the pictures of the LA / Kondo / Tripoint set up and seeing all this (stained) glass in the room - believe that the acoustics cannot be good. However, they are actually quite good. And somehow Miguel’s top of the line grounding techniques make the room more and more ‘invisible’. Undoubtedly working on the acoustics of my room will yield additional sonic benefits, but I am very happy (or very impressed) with how the system currently sounds while Miguel only left three days ago and all the components that he modified and all new cables still need to settle.

I have no doubts whatsoever that the Tripoint top the line pc’s will sound absolutely marvelous. But these pc’s - as the Emperor mk ii ground cables - are not only very labour intensive but Miguel also only apllies very costly materials. So these ‘power beasts’ are expensive. Lately I invested a lot of money in six of his ‘anaconda’s’. As a consequence it is financially not possible to acquire one of more of his pc’s I am afraid (but i would love to do so though!).

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing