Lamm ML3 Signature mono blocks

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Lamm ML3 Signature mono blocks with matching SRA Virginia Class dedicated stands. Amplifiers and power supplies are in mint condition. Re-tubed with tubes supplied by Lamm, less than 400 hours use.

Including the original boxes and crates for shipping, all accessories and many spare tubes, even a pair of GM70 with copper anodes.

230V european voltage units, for sale only in the EC, price for the pair is 55 keuros (less than 40% of retail price in Europe). Insured shipping included in the advertised price.

Reactions: Folsom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Amazing opportunity. Best wishes for the sale.

Reactions: Folsom

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Lamm ML3 Signature mono blocks with matching SRA Virginia Class dedicated stands. Amplifiers and power supplies are in mint condition. Re-tubed with tubes supplied by Lamm, less than 400 hours use.

Including the original boxes and crates for shipping, all accessories and many spare tubes, even a pair of GM70 with copper anodes.

230V european voltage units, for sale only in the EC, price for the pair is 55 keuros (less than 40% of retail price in Europe). Insured shipping included in the advertised price.
Dear micro,

Would you be interested in selling the SRA stands seperate from the amps?

Kind regards,
Tang

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Dear micro,

Kind regards,
Tang

Curious that unfortunately people are showing more interest in the SRA stands than in the ML3's :( - I got one more similar request. I will send you a PM using the WBF message system.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Francisco, I am so confused! I thought you like the Lamm set up better than the VTL set up.o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda and Folsom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Dear micro,

Kind regards,
Tang
Would love to get your thoughts on SRA vs HRS vs Artesania, etc.? Have you compared or heard from others who have? Specifically, I am looking for shelf vs shelf (SRA iso-base vs HRS M3x) and rack vs rack (HRS M3X or VX shelf vs Artesania Esoteric vs SRA Craz). Thanks!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Would love to get your thoughts on SRA vs HRS vs Artesania, etc.? Have you compared or heard from others who have? Specifically, I am looking for shelf vs shelf (SRA iso-base vs HRS M3x) and rack vs rack (HRS M3X or VX shelf vs Artesania Esoteric vs SRA Craz). Thanks!
Dear LL21,

It is micro's ML3 for sale thread. I am afraid if we talk so much about the SRA here, he would be able to sell only the amp platform :eek:. I have no experience with any of these brand names. Tima gave a good review of the SRA's. That is good enough data point for me. I am just checking out if micro is in a special mood giving out a bargain. :p

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: bonzo75

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
BACK TO LEGENDARY LAMM SALE!

p.s. I just picked up SRA Ohio XL calibrated for my Zanden digital...heard excellent things about it from many owners and reviews...but will be interesting to test against my current isolation (HRS M3X Under + HRS damping plates ono top - DAC ) (Stillpoints U5s Under + Artesania damping plates on top - Transport).

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Dear LL21,

It is micro's ML3 for sale thread. I am afraid if we talk so much about the SRA here, he would be able to sell only the amp platform :eek:. I have no experience with any of these brand names. Tima gave a good review of the SRA's. That is good enough data point for me. I am just checking out if micro is in a special mood giving out a bargain. :p

Kind regards,
Tang

Fwiw, each SRA platform is built specifically for a particular component (size, weight, resonance characteristics, etc.). The original owner can get a platform modified for a different component as long as the dimensions of the modified paltform stay the same. The version that micro owns have metal inserts for the feet of the Lamm ML3 amps. (That design is no longer used by SRA, afaik.) Unless you're planning to use the platforms with those amps, they may not be optimal for your Ayons. This may not be a concern but thought to mention. I thought micro was always in a special mood. :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

as the prior owner of these SRA platforms, i can say the Bob at Rhapsody in NYC was using these SRA stands with various amps in his set-up to good result. he had never un-crated the Lamm's, but since he had these he did use them. so even though they are optimized for the ML3's, IMHO they would be a step up over most amp platforms. the build quality is impressive.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Oops...derailing from Micro's sale again...my fault. To be polite..thank you Mike and Tima! I got a pair 2nd hand. They should arrive today...and are calibrated for the Zanden digital. Will be interesting to see how they compare.

These are the Zanden Ohio XL. Any view on how much of a step up XL+ and XL+2 might be? Tima - I read your review about the Virginia AE Class.

I have an opportunity to upgrade to XL+2. Thanks for any guidance!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The ML3's sound significantly better with the stands - it is why I am not selling them separately until some reflection. If by any reason I would change my mind on the sale I would feel sorry to have sold them .

However if I have to advertise the ML3 outside WBF I will probably sell them separately to reduce the price of the ML3's . the famous audiophile 49.9 Keuro psychological barreer in used goods ...

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
The ML3's sound significantly better with the stands - it is why I am not selling them separately until some reflection. If by any reason I would change my mind on the sale I would feel sorry to have sold them .

However if I have to advertise the ML3 outside WBF I will probably sell them separately to reduce the price of the ML3's . the famous audiophile 49.9 Keuro psychological barreer in used goods ...
Yes Micro that is exactly where
the barrier lies for most of us ! :eek:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

I was referring to Mike's price - due to local european VAT on arrival the cost increases by 23% ...

Reactions: Lagonda

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Good luck with the sale. I’d dearly love a pair of ML3s, they are just beautiful. I’d even happily settle on just some SRA stands but unfortunately my available funds barrier kicks in way earlier than a €49.9k psychological barrier... actually it’d be more like a freakin steeplechase once we then hit the pain barrier when significant other finds out you’ve been jumping all the barriers anyway. But I spose that’s part of the journey.

But now that Micro has mentioned it looking back at my past purchase history my psychological barrier for gear in general is actually somewhat lower... but interesting as I hadn’t really considered it before. But if my available funds barrier was higher I’d think a pair of these would be a perfect jump for it anyway pair of amps... just lovely especially set up on the SRA stands.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Good luck with the sale. I’d dearly love a pair of ML3s, they are just beautiful. I’d even happily settle on just some SRA stands but unfortunately my available funds barrier kicks in way earlier than a €49.9k psychological barrier... actually it’d be more like a freakin steeplechase once we then hit the pain barrier when significant other finds out you’ve been jumping all the barriers anyway. But I spose that’s part of the journey.

But now that Micro has mentioned it looking back at my past purchase history my psychological barrier for gear in general is actually somewhat lower... but interesting as I hadn’t really considered it before. But if my available funds barrier was higher I’d think a pair of these would be a perfect jump for it anyway pair of amps... just lovely especially set up on the SRA stands.
On used gear my psychological/ fiscal barrier is probably half of Micros.
But only if i get to see hear smell and bite into it first, just to make sure it’s real.:)

Reactions: the sound of Tao

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Sounds like the 'ML3 Lending Library' with an escrow.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
How do they sound in true mono ? With just one amp ?;)
Super...I am the original owner of these Lamm ML3 amps and SRA stands; you should hear just one with a nice lonely vintage horn. In my case, it was fondly called the cyclops system; most likely, the wrong metaphor, but you get the idea :).

These SRA stands are the original prototype VC...sweet.

Cheers!
ALF

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well, I am happy to report the SRAs for the Zanden have arrived...and to Micro's point...SRAs really do a nice job with the equipment for which they were designed. It is the first time that an HRS damper on top of a piece of equipment is NOT better.

So for those looking to buy Micro's Lamm ML3s...the SRAs really are a must-consider. I cannot say must-buy without having spent more time with SRA and also never having heard them with Lamm ML3s...

...but I can say that with a bit more setup moving around, experimenting, i expect to have fantastic results with SRA.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing