Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Right next door was what it soon became apparent was a system that really did push all my buttons and that, from my perspective at least fast became the system to beat. The ease and scale of the Alsyvox Raffaello speakers (a dipole planar design) being powered by JADIS JA30 power amplifiers and their I70 preamplifier was just stunningly good, with several other people I talked to around the show making very similar comments. Aiding and abetting this already spectacular system was the €44K Lampizator Horizon DAC (I really do want one of these having owned their BIG 7 for several years) and a Taiko Extreme server. This really is high-end audio at its best and with a sound that I could have just sat and listened to for hours. I’ll talk about JADIS, the French manufacturer later in my wafflings about High End Munich 2022, but they are fast become the amplifiers that really do seem to do it for me. This system will have cost house or very nice motorcar money, but had I the space and the money I’d be beating a path to their door and insisting they take my money and deliver PDQ!

https://www.hifipig.com/high-end-munich-2022-report-1/#more-148073

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
62C332E4-F042-4981-ACCE-01DEC3C0F6B5.jpeg
A dream come true. Thank you, Lukasz!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Reactions: Willgolf

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
I still love analog - and always will. Horizon just takes digital to a whole new dimension.

Last edited:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Here is my new Horizon in the lower left hand corner. My Doshi preamp is hidden by the center speaker. Interesting that both Michael and I have horns, although mine are a lot older, 20+ year old Avantgarde Duos. I'm also heavily into analogue, these days really into tape. First listen to the Horizon shows a significant step up from my Pacific, which I really liked. Started listening with the stock tubes (while the Pacific had upgraded PX25s and RK Lampi Anniversary 5U4G rectifier). Just switched to the RK Lampi rectifier and there was another noticable step up. I'll be listening more and comparing to my master and other tapes. Larry
HiFi System 5-2022.jpg

Moladiego

May 30, 2022
I want to shout out for Fred Ainsley, Lampizator Distributor for NA. He is the best, helping me secure a great trade-in for the Horizon. He is also ever ready to share his experience and help in other ways. I am dealing with the best. I am eagerly awaiting my Mouse Grey Horizon. Thank you, Fred!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I want to shout out for Fred Ainsley, Lampizator Distributor for NA. He is the best, helping me secure a great trade-in for the Horizon. He is also ever ready to share his experience and help in other ways. I am dealing with the best. I am eagerly awaiting my Mouse Grey Horizon. Thank you, Fred!
I second your comments about Fred. He has helped me after I bought a used GG1 to upgrade to a Pacific and now a Horizon, always with a very good deal and great customer service. Also I have to commend Lukas and the his business philosophy. I am in California and saw a GG1 used for sale in the UK. The seller sent the GG1 to Poland for Lampi to inspect the GG1 and I was able to buy it with complete confidence, since it was then shipped directly to me from the factory. All at no charge to me or the seller (except for the shipping charges). Of course, the sonic and build quality of their DACs have also kept me as their customer. Larry

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yes, Fred is a great guy :cool:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I know this has been discussed. I have read through the comments. But now that Horizons have landed and are living in people’s systems, I am interested in hearing more about what exactly it does better than the Pacific. Better or different? As my new Pac settles in, I just cannot imagine better….. Thanks in advance for your impressions.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I know this has been discussed. I have read through the comments. But now that Horizons have landed and are living in people’s systems, I am interested in hearing more about what exactly it does better than the Pacific. Better or different? As my new Pac settles in, I just cannot imagine better….. Thanks in advance for your impressions.
I said the same thing to Fred every week I had my Pacific. I just couldn’t imagine it better. If you never hear a Horizon you will be eternally happy with your Pacific as it performs amazingly. But once again, beware because once you hear it you cannot unhear it It couldn’t be better named

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I said the same thing to Fred every week I had my Pacific. I just couldn’t imagine it better. If you never hear a Horizon you will be eternally happy with your Pacific as it performs amazingly. But once again, beware because once you hear it you cannot unhear it It couldn’t be better named
Thanks! Which area do you feel it improves on most?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The next iteration from Yoda should be called the Event Horizon. Then there really is no turning back...

kernelbob

Oct 23, 2011
"You don't know what you don't know" is always good to keep in mind. This goes along with "Once you hear something you can't unhear it". The first is wisdom. The second is dangerous.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
512909EA-35DD-43E2-9483-D23341589769.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing