Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Everything sounds perfect after about a minute. It just takes longer to get there compared to any other tube I've used.

Reactions: Golum

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
This is only on the 101D setting. On the 300B setting, it's instantaneous, but that isn't the preferred setting so...

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Everything sounds perfect after about a minute. It just takes longer to get there compared to any other tube I've used.
As the ad1n has hidden soft start inside the tube;):p

Reactions: adamaley

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Well in my Rod Coleman modded DAC they ALL take ages to start working.

But prior to that mod, AD1n took a while. So did the EML AD1. I don't believe it could supply the correct current, as observed by the guy that did the Coleman mod, but I am not sure that's the reason they took so long.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Do you mean Western Electric? I'm not sure it's usable in a Lampi, hopefully someone can confirm.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
It has the same heater and current ratings as 300B so it should be a brilliant match.

Could be an excellent valve.
WE as you said. But I just checked PSvane 275A WE 1:1 replica and they state for their "take" 2.5V and 2.5A which I would say is a no go for Lampi...

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Seems PSvane played a bit too much...WE has a spec you mentioned and that one is OK. PSvane same model to be avoided...

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Ah. Here we go. Psvane BS:

Descriptions: Psvane WE275 Replica – equivalent to 2A3: The 275A tube is often referred by audiophile as ‘baby 300B’ due to its silky sound. It was one of Western Electric’s early directly heated triodes and used in PP & SE circuits of the 1930?s portable high fidelity, theater sound amplifiers – like the “silver” circa 1935 Western Electric D95508 portable amp. The original WE275A tubes has heater voltage at 5V and was not widely used in home stereo; In this new Psvane WE Replica 275 tube, Psvane Audio has modified the tube heater voltage to the standard 2.5V then you can use it to replace a typical 2A3 tube – which is of smaller glass enclosure size than 300B tube

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I mentioned somewhere that it is unobtainable at least until ‘21;)

I have a Shuguang GZ 480 I can sell. It arrived with a loose piece of glass from the interior base (I can see exactly where it came from). Between the time I ordered it and the Rectifier arriving, I sold my Pac, so I haven't been able to test it. I'll offer a full refund if it doesn't function as it should. All the interior parts seem to be in perfect shape, so I think it will likely work fine. PM if interested in making an offer.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have a Shuguang GZ 480 I can sell. It arrived with a loose piece of glass from the interior base (I can see exactly where it came from). Between the time I ordered it and the Rectifier arriving, I sold my Pac, so I haven't been able to test it. I'll offer a full refund if it doesn't function as it should. All the interior parts seem to be in perfect shape, so I think it will likely work fine. PM if interested in making an offer.
How much does it work

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I just got my pair of AD1s. Is there a specific way to get them into the adapters? I am afraid to push too hard but it does seems like I will have to apply some force. Should I put them in straight or does one edge go in before another.

Also, which heater setting should I be using in my Big 7 MKII? 300B or 45/242?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
David never push them straight down...tilt the tube towards one direction to snap with the base and then just straighten it up...should be fairly easy...
For selector - check what i wrote in one of the posts regarding heater V and A and you’ll figure it out...is it Tesla? If Tesla ad1n then its not the same setting as for Phillips ad1 - take care of that!

Cheers

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
It is a Tesla.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing