Land Rover Defender 110 Heritage, yes I did it :-)

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
For many years the Land Rover Defender was one of my dream cars for 4x4 vacations, but always there were some good reasons to buy another car.
Finally 2015 , the last production year of the Defender passed by and I was still not owning one.
Specially frustrating, as the last 400 Defender were built as Heritage edition in exactly the colors, I like on this car.
So I started searching for a Heritage edition in the market. But the first on offer were 10% above recommended retail price...
I tried to find a better offer. Now, nearly 4 years have passed by, the Heritage Edition is offered 50% above last retail price.
My lesson learned is: Just do it! It will not become better.

So I did it.

And now my wife and me will start to add a roof tent to the car and some storage boxes into the car and wen will visit some of the smaller countries around ,
mainly in the east of Europe, as there are a lot of offroad areas and a very nice country side.

But before we have to add some steps to the car, to make the entry more convenient :)

IMG_1336.jpg IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1337.jpg

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Careful with that one..it'll tip over in a heart beat

A bunch of guys I knew learned the hard way....

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I adore the look of those. But they're impossible to get in the US. If you do get one, homeland security will come and take it and you'll never see a penny. Congratulations on getting to own one.

Maybe widen the wheel base a bit to help it not tip over? They really are about the looks, ironically... little else to offer that's not much better with something else.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Love the heritage colours! Congrats. I have always wanted a defender but the driving position is too cramped for me :(

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
D90 and D110 two of my favorite vehicles! Congratulations! They are rugged as hell and will go just about anywhere. The center of gravity is not as high as it looks, enjoy!

So nice to see one not drilled full of holes, but it sounds like you are about to change that.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Congrats! Enjoy the ride. It is really fun and a classic. I enjoy one occasionally but moved to a Wrangler Rubicon. My buddy for these trips still keeps and rides and original British one along me.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
The hotel we stayed at in Siem Reap three years ago had bought two of these as an investment. They clearly had better foresight than me, the guy who sold his e30 M3 and 964RS back in the day before their values zoomed........

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
We are still traveling with our Land Rover Heritage 110 :)

So many hours and miles, the car became part of the family !

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_9578.jpeg

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
My favorite Rover. I am partial to the 90 but for what you are doing. 110 all the way, enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing