Lauren Spencer Smith

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Vocalists singing songs with lyrics is my favorite genre of music. Maybe it's because my father worked in the record business his entire life -- in what the record industry calls "business affairs" (negotiating and implementing contracts with artists' managers and labor unions, royalties accounting, business profit/loss analysis, financial projections, business plans) -- but growing up I always wanted to be in A&R. Unfortunately for me I didn't like staying out late at night.:rolleyes:

But I do enjoy finding relatively unknown singers who I think are talented.

Here is "my" new talent "discovery" of the week: Lauren Spencer Smith. She seems to me to be kind of like a Canadian Adele.

Reactions: Al M.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Vocalists singing songs with lyrics is my favorite genre of music. Maybe it's because my father worked in the record business his entire life -- in what the record industry calls "business affairs" (negotiating and implementing contracts with artists' managers and labor unions, royalties accounting, business profit/loss analysis, financial projections, business plans) -- but growing up I always wanted to be in A&R. Unfortunately for me I didn't like staying out late at night.:rolleyes:

But I do enjoy finding relatively unknown singers who I think are talented.

Here is "my" new talent "discovery" of the week: Lauren Spencer Smith. She seems to me to be kind of like a Canadian Adele.

The world lost a great A&R man, then. Great find.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Funny enough, it turns out that her idol is Adele.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
And if you think that Lauren sounds like Adele, listen to this Lauren (200m views!)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think Lauren Spencer Smith sounds more like Adele. Not that that matters.

I like "You Say." It has been out for quite a while now.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
The real Adele, I was there all those years ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing