Leaving Neverland, HBO Documentary About Michael Jackson

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Janet his sister, she had few turbulent moments in her life.
I still have couple albums of her that I bought a long time ago.

She distanced herself from Michael and from the family; I can't blame her.
She is a soul in search of herself ... with a son now, just over two years old ... the future light.

She is only 52. I wish her the best with her young son.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
First BBC Radio 2, now three Montreal radio stations ...
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5043124

That documentary is having an effect on his music from the radio...vanishing.
I bet there's more to come.

It is still amazing to see how many fans are still blindfolded. It has to do with his star symbol status. ...And a lack of good education.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Remember
First BBC Radio 2, now three Montreal radio stations ...
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5043124

That documentary is having an effect on his music from the radio...vanishing.
I bet there's more to come.

It is still amazing to see how many fans are still blindfolded. It has to do with his star symbol status. ...And a lack of good education.
Remember the OJ trial

Reactions: jeff1225

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Jeff earlier said: "The United States is obsessed with celebrity , this is the only reason he was allowed to operated for so long."

It's true with many celebrities, including MJ and OJ ... many more ... Cosby, Weinstein, ...so many more.
The hardcore fans they all have been trumped.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Did the documentary go onto what part the parents of these abused kids played?

Outside of Michael, the parents are the absolute scum in allowing this to happen for some $$.

Wade Robson's and Jordy Chandler's fathers both committed suicide. Racked with guilt in pimping their sons to a predator.
Let's hope so

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes the parents are the biggest part of this sickness; I watched few clips. The Moms are not from our planet, they are from another land far far away. A Mom is normally number one child protector, here they were not number one but number big zero. Truly sad to have Moms like that. ...Lack of education, no good teachers in their upgrowing. Without a good education your children are missing important parts.

There are now many clips on the Internet of this 4-hour documentary, and many You Tube discussions with professional doctors from all avenues...psychologists, therapists, psychiatrists, child sex abuse experts, etc.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I turned on the computer this morning to check the meteorology and the first thing to hit the air waves (pop up on my screen) was the album cover of Michael Jackson - Bad.

It's an article on how can you stop something that big in the people's culture.

Like all of you here I know for a very long time that MJ was a child abuser.
This new documentary is about two young men who finally escaped a life of lies over lies over lies and from deficient parents, very. That was about gooddoom time!

I recommend still that you read this short article; it raises important questions on where we put values, priorities in our society, our culture, identity, etiquette.

? https://www-cbc-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5042522?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/jackson-legacy-culture-1.5042522

"There is no way to not hear the music very differently. If you think of the hit The Way You Make Me Feel, there is that line that goes: 'Ain't nobody's business but mine and my baby.' When you hear that [now], you think of the secrecy and how there were these two very different Michael Jacksons," Graham said.

"How do you see [the documentary] and then decide, 'I can just happily dance to Remember the Time? Everything, all his lyrics, sound very different now to me."
_____

* Remember, I was looking for the temperature forecast, and the king of poop popped up first.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Here we are in the music hi-fi stereo hi-end audio business, everything that is best.
Michael Jackson was also (still is) in the music business, with albums that are top world best sellers and from the best recording engineers in the business. When you're talking the King of Pop music you can bet your butts off that it will lift your bump of and make it dance.
...The young audiophiles among us, the Pop lovers, the Michael Jackson supporters...not me though.
_____

"A statue of Michael Jackson has been removed from Britain's National Football Museum in the wake of fresh allegations of sexual abuse that continue to surround the pop superstar's legacy."

That's a very smart decision, and I hope to see more smart decisions in the coming days, weeks, months. It's our culture after all, and we respect our culture with full delivery and meaning.

Is it important? You bet it is.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The biggest problem I had with MJ was the drug he chose to abuse. After it was made public that he died from an overdose of Propofol, every patient I had refused to be anesthetized with that drug, even though I had been using it safely for almost 20yr. I just told them, don’t worry, I’ll just use Diprivan!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The biggest problem I had with MJ was the drug he chose to abuse. After it was made public that he died from an overdose of Propofol, every patient I had refused to be anesthetized with that drug, even though I had been using it safely for almost 20yr. I just told them, don’t worry, I’ll just use Diprivan!!
:)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Abusers are always previously abused. The skeletons in that family's closet are horrifying.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Did the documentary go onto what part the parents of these abused kids played?

Outside of Michael, the parents are the absolute scum in allowing this to happen for some $$.

Wade Robson's . . . father . . . committed suicide. Racked with guilt in pimping their sons to a predator . . .

According to the documentary you have this way wrong. If Wade Robson’s father killed himself he did it not out of guilt; but because his wife used Michael Jackson’s promise of a fun and exciting life in LA as an all-expense paid opportunity to ditch her regular guy husband and regular modest life. His wife made sure that there was no role for him in managing the new career opportunity of their kid.

His entire immediate family abandoned him like a year old newspaper for the promise of a more exciting life in LA.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing