LessLoss Cables

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
I’m seeking first hand user experience with LessLoss cables that can share their opinion, both good and bad, of this company’s cables and filters. Thanks.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I have first hand experience and reviewed LessLoss interconnects and speaker cables when I wrote for The Audio Beat: LessLoss Audio Tunnelbridge Interconnect System and Anchorwave Speaker Cables

Louis Motek is a talented designer and his Tunnelbridge interconnects reflect his innovative thinking. My review goes into the technical underpinnings of those cables. That said, Shunyata's patented ZiTron (?TRON®) technology came earlier and addresses the issue of dielectic absorbtion and relaxation (feeding signal from the past into the current signal) in a more elegant physical implementation than Tunnelbridge. In both cases I believe the technologies are effective though their sonics are not equivalent.

Reactions: Lee

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
I’m seeking first hand user experience with LessLoss cables that can share their opinion, both good and bad, of this company’s cables and filters. Thanks.
I have intensive experience with the newest LessLoss cables living with them in my setup, so if you or anybody else in here are still interested I can inform you of mostly anything. Same goes for the newest distributor and Firewall filters both for power and speakers as for the incredible BindBreakers.

Spoiler alert, everything LessLoss is top notch if you seek natural sound.

Sorry for the late answer but I just became a member of WBF some days ago this being my very first posting.

Greetings from Wonderful Copenhagen :cool:

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I have intensive experience with the newest LessLoss cables living with them in my setup, so if you or anybody else in here are still interested I can inform you of mostly anything. Same goes for the newest distributor and Firewall filters both for power and speakers as for the incredible BindBreakers.

Spoiler alert, everything LessLoss is top notch if you seek natural sound.

Sorry for the late answer but I just became a member of WBF some days ago this being my very first posting.

Greetings from Wonderful Copenhagen :cool:
Have you tried the firewall for speakers?

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
Great News!

LessLoss just put out another newsletter about the upgrading of their already fantastic C-MARC interconnects now in Entropic Process version with hardwood plugs. Lots of in-detail knowledge based on real research to get wiser by for most of us. Don't miss out on the blue link directing to the shoot-out between aluminum and Panzerholz resonance spectrum

Having experienced what Entropic Processing upgrades does to the already fantastic C-MARC products, both Firewalls, Power Cords and speaker cables, I am extremely excited about finally being able to upgrade my digital RCA this week.

Attached the newsletter, do yourself a favor and take the time to wise up!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you suck forever. :p

Attachments

• C-MARC™ Entropic Process RCA audio signal and digital cables now available!.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Geir

Nov 13, 2021
I use the Lessloss C-MARC digital coax cable. I think it is fantastic!
I compared it to Argento Flow and Nordost Tyr 2 and found it to be more dynamic, natural and liquid.
I listened to jazz, and my first reaction was just laughing at how good the sound got.

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
I use the Lessloss C-MARC digital coax cable. I think it is fantastic!
I compared it to Argento Flow and Nordost Tyr 2 and found it to be more dynamic, natural and liquid.
I listened to jazz, and my first reaction was just laughing at how good the sound got.
I came from a WireWorld Gold Starlight setup with a Wyred4Sound reclocker in the middle, put in a fresh from the UPS carrier single C-MARC RCA digital without the W4S instead and laughed my heart out with delight as well. After a couple of weeks of burn-in the difference in SQ was ridiculous and, at a much cheaper price. So natural, so open and so fast. I have now ordered the Entropic version as have a friend of mine. We feel like kids waiting for X-mas.

If ever there was a "sleeper" cable unknown to most, this must be it. The price/quality ratio is stunning in this world of overpriced cables. ;)

Last edited:

Geir

Nov 13, 2021
I came from a WireWorld Gold Starlight setup with a Wyred4Sound reclocker in the middle, put in a fresh from the UPS carrier single C-MARC RCA digital without the W4S instead and laughed my heart out with delight as well. After a couple of weeks of burn-in the difference in SQ was ridiculous and, at a much cheaper price. So natural, so open and so fast. I have now ordered the Entropic version as have a friend of mine. We feel like kids waiting for X-mas.

If ever there was a "sleeper" cable unknown to most, this must be it. The price/quality ratio is stunning in this world of overpriced cables. ;)
I am sure the Entropic process version will be sensational. The thing is, the original C-MARC digital is already an endgame product. It's something about the way they approach things, making products that is free from listen fatigue. I have used a couple of different digital cables from Nordost, and something just annoyed me with them. Not so with the Lessloss. I would say the Argento Flow digital cable was able to deliver even more micro nuances in the critical midrange. However, the liquid flow, speed and coherence is better with the Lessloss. I am sure there is others out there that can perform even better, but probably they cost a lot more. Please share the experience with the new Lessloss Entropic version!

Phillyb

May 31, 2012
Been a long-time user of Lessloss through the C-Marc. I now use AQ Hurricanes, Firebirds, and Dragons throughout my system. Lessloss is good stuff, I don't buy Louis over the type of marketing, man it's cables, nothing more or less. It is easy to use, flexible, and sounds natural. AQ is quieter, musical, more weight and body which equates to more musical sounding.

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
I am sure the Entropic process version will be sensational. The thing is, the original C-MARC digital is already an endgame product. It's something about the way they approach things, making products that is free from listen fatigue. I have used a couple of different digital cables from Nordost, and something just annoyed me with them. Not so with the Lessloss. I would say the Argento Flow digital cable was able to deliver even more micro nuances in the critical midrange. However, the liquid flow, speed and coherence is better with the Lessloss. I am sure there is others out there that can perform even better, but probably they cost a lot more. Please share the experience with the new Lessloss Entropic version!
This is the first somewhat premature experience with the new LL C-MARC RCA digital Entropic version. Premature because I only received it yesterday and it is therefore nowhere near proper burn-in.

But, it did outperform my year-and-a-half non Entropic version of the same cable after less than an hour of playing, which in my book is no small performance. It did so with inner detail, musicality, silence and most of all naturalness. Having gone from none- to Entropic versions of several LessLoss products before, I kind of know the drill so to speak. Whether it has been Power Cords, Firewalls or as now interconnects the effect is always familiar to the trained and observant listener, provided you know how real unamplified instruments or choirs sound.

My general experience with all LessLoss products is, they deliver one of the cleanest windows into everything "upstream" in your playback chain including the power source. They do so without pointing a spotlight to anything in the performance, simultaneously giving you the possibility to, for maybe the first time ever, hear how and what the very best artists do, as that is often very subtle but, oh so important. As a fringe benefit it is very easy to tell what hardware changes in your setup do in a most believable way, as I experienced first-hand with my newly acquired Innuos NET last week.

I shall of course return with more comments prolonged burn-in and listening. I am having a very well versed listener and speaker constructor over to have a listen and will of course add some of his comments as well. ;)

Last edited:

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
Have you tried the firewall for speakers?
Hello 7ryder, sorry for the late reply - I sadly missed out on your question until today.

Yes, I have not only tried the firewall for speakers but lived with and listened to them intensely for more than a year. Anything specific you want to know, feel free to ask. They do exactly what is written in the homepage - no over selling there.

One of the most obvious things is, they improve dynamics and bass extension to a point where you might think you got a more potent power amp or new speaker units/cross-over parts and, they also open up the sound to a great degree without adding any nasties. For more detailed things, please ask what you specifically want to know.

Last edited:

Geir

Nov 13, 2021
This is the first somewhat premature experience with the new LL C-MARC RCA digital Entropic version. Premature because I only received it yesterday and it is therefore nowhere near proper burn-in.

But, it did outperform my year-and-a-half non Entropic version of the same cable after less than an hour of playing, which in my book is no small performance. It did so with inner detail, musicality, silence and most of all naturalness. Having gone from none- to Entropic versions of several LessLoss products before, I kind of know the drill so to speak. Whether it has been Power Cords, Firewalls or as now interconnects the effect is always familiar to the trained and observant listener, provided you know how real unamplified instruments or choirs sound.

My general experience with all LessLoss products is, they deliver one of the cleanest windows into everything "upstream" in your playback chain including the power source. They do so without pointing a spotlight to anything in the performance, simultaneously giving you the possibility to, for maybe the first time ever, hear how and what the very best artists do, as that is often very subtle but, oh so important. As a fringe benefit it is very easy to tell what hardware changes in your setup do in a most believable way, as I experienced first-hand with my newly acquired Innuos NET last week.

I shall of course return with more comments prolonged burn-in and listening. I am having a very well versed listener and speaker constructor over to have a listen and will of course add some of his comments as well. ;)
That sounds promising:) Yes, it is all about that cohesive and natural sound with Lessloss. Let the music do the talking (or singing). Many cables gives an artificial sound character, that can sound impressive at start, but is disappointing in the long run. I really feel the digital cables is crucial, but often overlooked. Yes the burn-in experience with the original Lessloss C-MARC digital took forever. I think it took me 3 weeks 24/7 playing music.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Apologies to go somewhat OT, but does anyone know what became of the LessLoss Laminar streamer? I saw the reports on 6Moons, caught the €93k RRP, and always wondered what came of it.

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
Apologies to go somewhat OT, but does anyone know what became of the LessLoss Laminar streamer? I saw the reports on 6Moons, caught the €93k RRP, and always wondered what came of it.
As far as I know it is still available if you order one - sadly I will never get the money to buy it. :confused:

Luckily I finally have almost anything else from the LL catalogue, so, life is good whenever I go through the pearly gate into HiFi-heaven.
Less loss equals more music pleasure :cool:

Attachments

• Laminar Streamer Image.pdf
    982.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Laminar Streamer a world first.pdf
    537.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yep, the order form doesn't just specify the cost, but the NUMBER of units desired.
I mean, if you can't afford a pair, don't look Lol.
Interesting that there's never been a review or user report for this piece.

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
Yep, the order form doesn't just specify the cost, but the NUMBER of units desired.
I mean, if you can't afford a pair, don't look Lol.
Interesting that there's never been a review or user report for this piece.
Did you ever try the Bindbreakers? I use them under all my equipment and couldn't live without them anymore. They really do suck out all the micro vibrations that apparently mess up micro timing - acceleration and deceleration speed-up of impulses is what I hear with them under a streamer or amp.

Reactions: sven palvig

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Did you ever try the Bindbreakers? I use them under all my equipment and couldn't live without them anymore. They really do suck out all the micro vibrations that apparently mess up micro timing - acceleration and deceleration speed-up of impulses is what I hear with them under a streamer or amp.

Welcome to wbf.

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark

As promised here are some more comments on the Entropic RCA digital after a good week of burn-in and extensive listening. I have published the same comments in the User Reviews section on the LessLoss homepage.

Review of the new LessLoss C-MARC RCA Entropic Process digital cable

A year and a half ago I upgraded to a “plain” C-Marc RCA digital, happily finding that it, in terms of musicality and naturalness, considerately bettered the Sound Quality of my upgraded and reclocked USB chain from streamer to DAC with the respectable Curious Enhanced cable. The improvement of SQ was mainly in terms of more naturalness, musicality, and ease of flow in the performance - all well-known LessLoss virtues. The C-MARC gave me countless hours of wonderfully involving listening to all kinds of different music styles for a year and a half and to a much cheaper price than the USB spaghetti chain. Meanwhile I had heard hints of an upgrade with the Entropic Process and had been dying to buy one ever since.

Ten days ago, I finally received the upgraded C-Marc Digital RCA Entropic Process cable by my UPS bicycle carrier (this is Copenhagen, after all!).

The new LL RCAs have beautifully crafted wooden plugs on both ends, and, after having put LessLoss Bindbreaker footers under all my equipment with stunning results last summer, I was anticipating some of their virtues to sort of carry over, hopefully removing micro vibrations normally present in metal plugs of even the finest interconnects.

Spoiler alert: I was not disappointed but overwhelmed by the new baby.

Inserting the new cable fresh out of the bag between my dCS Network Bridge and my Steinway&Sons SL-1, everything in the sound landscape changed immediately for the better - and the change was all but small. Of course, everything bettered over burn-in time but more on that later:

• Greater and more well-defined room - behind speakers, in front of speakers, outside speakers, image height increased to a more believable size, and the sense of air around performers turned much more prominent.
  • Much improved resolution of micro detail gave richer textures and greater “transport” of emotions from artists to listener.
  • Explosive macro detail with greater ease.
  • Overall, the speed of transients on both macro- and microlevel increased which improved the difficult task of combining the ability of your setup to play with the lightness of a fawn when demanded, and conversely being just as heavy-handed and lead filled on music with such demands whether classical, electro or heavy metal. Not a small task in my book, but oh, so nice.
Regarding burn-in, you can find a lot on that subject in some of the technical writings on the LessLoss homepage, but let me sum up my, and three other well versed audiophile friends’ listening experience with this particular cable. As one of them purchased his own copy simultaneously but did not use it for the first week, we had the rare opportunity to repeat the listening session of the burn-in yesterday. This time not in my Steinway&Sons setup, but in a friend’s very different stereo. In my setup there was as stated an immediate big improvement. A slight rawness disappeared mostly after the first twenty minutes, and four hours into the listening session it was hard to find any drawbacks. Still, over the next days the sound kept improving, but there was never any really bad sound during break-in as happens so often with non-entropic cables. Even through my friend’s alternative setup it was, to our ears, extremely easy to hear a replica of what had happened in my music room a week earlier, so we left a very happy friend who was feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the magnitude of correction which he had never quite expected upgrading from the regular C-MARC. Two hours into the session he declared that he was now ready to order Entropic speaker cables from LessLoss as well to replace his much more expensive Chord cables.

The sound, or maybe better the non-sound, of the Entropic Process whether applied to speaker cables, firewalls, power cables or as now interconnects is so consistent that, once you know it and have lived with it, you can recognize it immediately by its ease of flow, musicality, dynamics, and natural sound.

It is imperative for me to state that, in no way are the non-entropic products from LL bad or flawed. On the contrary, they are top products who will serve extremely well in well assembled setups of very high class as well as in more modest setups.

The knack is, however, the Entropic Process seems to add so much out of this World to the equation that I’d advice all of you to step into that universe the sooner the better. The real craziness is that it probably doesn’t add very much but remove stuff
  • That just might be why wizard Louis Motek chose the name Less Loss (meaning more gain?).
  • At least, that’s what it sounds like to my ears. A true Zen experience.
To not make this longer than necessary I have not added every little detail here, so feel free to ask anything that might be of further interest.

Kind regards from Copenhagen

Last edited:

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
As promised here are some more comments on the Entropic RCA digital after a good week of burn-in and extensive listening. I have published the same comments in the User Reviews section on the LessLoss homepage.

Review of the new LessLoss C-MARC RCA Entropic Process digital cable

A year and a half ago I upgraded to a “plain” C-Marc RCA digital, happily finding that it, in terms of musicality and naturalness, considerately bettered the Sound Quality of my upgraded and reclocked USB chain from streamer to DAC with the respectable Curious Enhanced cable. The improvement of SQ was mainly in terms of more naturalness, musicality, and ease of flow in the performance - all well-known LessLoss virtues. The C-MARC gave me countless hours of wonderfully involving listening to all kinds of different music styles for a year and a half and to a much cheaper price than the USB spaghetti chain. Meanwhile I had heard hints of an upgrade with the Entropic Process and had been dying to buy one ever since.

Ten days ago, I finally received the upgraded C-Marc Digital RCA (Z)entropic Process cable by my UPS bicycle carrier (this is Copenhagen, after all!).

The new LL RCAs have beautifully crafted wooden plugs on both ends, and, after having put LessLoss Bindbreaker footers under all my equipment with stunning results last summer, I was anticipating some of their virtues to sort of carry over, hopefully removing micro vibrations normally present in metal plugs of even the finest interconnects.

Spoiler alert: I was not disappointed but overwhelmed by the new baby.

Inserting the new cable fresh out of the bag between my dCS Network Bridge and my Steinway&Sons SL-1, everything in the sound landscape changed immediately for the better - and the change was all but small. Of course, everything bettered over burn-in time but more on that later:

• Greater and more well-defined room - behind speakers, in front of speakers, outside speakers, image height increased to a more believable size, and the sense of air around performers turned much more prominent.
  • Much improved resolving of micro detail gave richer textures and greater “transport” of emotions from artists to listener.
  • Explosive macro detail with greater ease.
  • Overall, the speed of transients on both macro- and microlevel increased which improved the difficult task of combining the ability of your setup to play with the lightness of a fawn when demanded, and conversely being just as heavy-handed and led filled on music with such demands whether classical, electro or heavy metal. Not a small task in my book, but oh, so nice.
Regarding burn-in, you can find a lot on that subject in some of the technical writings on the LessLoss homepage, but let me sum up my, and three other well versed audiophile friends’ listening experience with this particular cable. As one of them purchased his own copy simultaneously but did not use it for the first week, we had the rare opportunity to repeat the listening session of the burn-in yesterday. This time not in my Steinway&Sons setup, but in a friend’s very different stereo. In my setup there was as stated an immediate big improvement. A slight rawness disappeared mostly after the first twenty minutes and four hours into the listening session it was hard to find any drawbacks. Still, over the next days the sound kept improving, but there was never any really bad sound during break-in as happens so often with non-entropic cables. Even through my friend’s alternative setup it was, to our ears, extremely easy to hear a replica of what had happened in my music room a week earlier, so we left a very happy friend who was feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the magnitude of correction which he had never quite expected upgrading from the regular C-MARC. Two hours into the session he declared that he was now ready to order Entropic speaker cables from LessLoss as well to replace his much more expensive Chord cables.

The sound, or maybe better the non-sound, of the Entropic Process whether applied to speaker cables, firewalls, power cables or as now interconnects is so consistent that, once you know it and have lived with it, you can recognize it immediately by its ease of flow, musicality, dynamics, and natural sound.

It is imperative for me to state that, in no way are the non-entropic products from LL bad or flawed. On the contrary, they are top products who will serve extremely well in well assembled setups of very high class as well as in more modest setups.

The knack is, however, the (Z)Entropic Process seems to add so much out of this World to the equation that I’d advice all of you to step into that universe the sooner the better. The real craziness is that it probably doesn’t add very much but remove stuff

• That just might be why wizard Louis Motek chose the name Less Loss (meaning more gain?).
  • At least, that’s what it sounds like to my ears.
Kind regards from Copenhagen
Not to be abrasive but what on earth was he doing with Chord cables in the first place. If ever there was a case of marketing over music it’s Chord IMHO. Don’t believe their hype- they spend hugely on advertising and that goes a loooong way particularly in the British press. They do lovely ads by the way.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing