Let's start at the beginning

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Is that like a laptop Steve? Or is it a smaller portable device?
It is just like the iPhone you saw, except it is much bigger (a bit smaller than the typical laptop display).

Expensive? Do you need a contract with a service provider?
iPad starts $500: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/start?mco=MTcyMTgwNjM

And no, unlike a phone, you do not have to get a service. It can use your home wireless network just like your PC does.

Why can you be your own independent self-provider? Monopoly?
You can per above. There is a version with cellular connection and that does slave you to the carrier you pick (there are choices now). But the monthly costs go crazy so unless you have to have access on the run, then the standard wifi version will do especially since you type with one finger :). Go to a store though and try to browse this web site and type a message and see if you like tapping on screen instead of a keyboard. Many people do but not all.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thanks Amir, I will check it out. ...But I don't like big monthly fees; my cell phone cost only $100 a year! Yes sir! I'm on a 'Pay & Talk' card, and that's the cost: $100 a year!
{The cell phone originally cost me $350 or $380.}

$500 for an iPad ain't too bad. But maybe a laptop would be a wiser investment. I'll have to check it out.

Anyway this thread is perfect for me to learn from all of you masters!
And Scott will beam me up too! :)

Hey Scott, is that alright to call you Scotty?

Bobby

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
Bob, Don't be trapped by stereotypes. John

Query: Dang. How do I make this so it can be clicked on to make it bigger?

Attachments

• c-section-comics-&.jpg
    c-section-comics-&.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 67

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I only trust the Best, like Amir for example. :) ...He always give the best info.

-------

* Sorry John, I wish I can help you out to make that picture bigger.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing