LHY SW-8 Audiophile switch

wokeuptobose

VIP/Donor
Mar 26, 2021
I didn't know about this LHY switch, but two years ago I went down the Etherrgen+LPS+XO clock+LPS for it+upgraded cables for all. All these pieces were additive with my streamers up till I bought my Grimm Mu1 which had built these capabilities within. Using all of it took away from the immediacy of the music, so I sold it piece by piece.
I said at the time that someone was going to put all the pieces together which looks like LHY is attempting to do. Afterdark recently came out with their Netone which is a one box solution including a switch, fiber optic bridge, upgraded LPS, 10MHZ and 25Mhz clocks, upgrated IEC plug socket, carbon fiber RF shielding. It is 1200 or so retail. I suspect that the machined LHY case is nicer than the Afterdark case.
I have a question into Adrian who owns Afterdark as to if the unit has a star ground connection and post, or if I have to use a chassis screw, or if grounding wasn't fully thought through. Anyway, Afterdark sent out a Munich show incentive, so now I have a Netone on its way. I hope it allows my Grimm to do even more, we will see.

Reactions: audiom3 and Miki70

Republicoftexas69

I am
Is anyone using the LHY usb isolator ? Thank you.
using the Wyred4Sound ISO Recovery. Great device clear silent digital in my system, black.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing