Like Father, Like Son: Michael Fremer (and yours truly) Tours The Wilson Audio Factory

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
Great video by Michael.
On another note @Lee, when do you plan on addressing the use of image(s) without permission by TAS that I have contacted you numerous times about now and you and your publication have simply ignored?

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Lee, I watched the whole thing - this is a wonderful production. What I liked the most, throughout, is you let the Wilson people do the talking. Regardless of whether one likes Wilson speakers or not (I had three), the quality, craftmenship and dedication of the employees comes through loud and clear. A fine job, thank you.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
One of the most important aspects of Wilson, which I think many people ignore, is that it’s a serious operation that has demonstrated longevity — yet it’s still (essentially) founder led.
Most exotic brands in this industry are tiny. If/when they go under, the brand is done. When you spend large sums on custom gear and the company goes under, what do you do when you need service??

I would not have that worry with Wilson.

Reactions: tima and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Great video by Michael.
On another note @Lee, when do you plan on addressing the use of image(s) without permission by TAS that I have contacted you numerous times about now and you and your publication have simply ignored?
I sent an email to our webmaster a week ago. I will call him tomorrow. We are a small team so apologies it has taken us a while.

Also, I filmed part of it and Mikey filmed part of it. Our video editor Charles deserves a ton of credit. We are considerfing releasing the interviews with the craftsmen.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Lee, I watched the whole thing - this is a wonderful production. What I liked the most, throughout, is you let the Wilson people do the talking. Regardless of whether one likes Wilson speakers or not (I had three), the quality, craftmenship and dedication of the employees comes through loud and clear. A fine job, thank you.
Thanks!

Reactions: tima

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great to see how the crossovers are assembled! I think it is the first time they have shown it.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Great to see how the crossovers are assembled! I think it is the first time they have shown it.
This is also the first time a team has been able to film the capacitor manufacture.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Most exotic brands in this industry are tiny. If/when they go under, the brand is done. When you spend large sums on custom gear and the company goes under, what do you do when you need service??

This is a good point. Prior to buying an expensive piece of gear it would be interesting (although a bit gauche) to ask the manufacture what are plans for continuing the company when the founder retires or passes on. Some famous brands have anticipated and a few have not. Audio Research carries on after Bill Johnson retired, Conrad-Johnson carries on after Bill and Lew retired; looks like VPI is in the process of passing from father to son. Sonus Faber continues. Has Shindo had any new products since Ken Shindo died? Alas Thiel tried but faded.

Assurance of longevity is reflected in the strength of a company, its employess and its culture. It is apparent that Darryl is very much in tune with that. Culture and tradition are very important in the case of corporate buyout.

Reactions: Lee and ddk

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Great video by Michael.
We have fixed it. We even tagged the photo in the media bin.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I am very happy to report that we hit the 10,000 views mark today.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing