List of current 4K HDR TVs with picture off button on remote

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
My Sony Bravia hdtv from 2015 has a pic off button on the remote that turns off the picture but let’s the sound remain on.

I feel this is a must have for listening to Tidal, Amazon music HD, Radio Paradise, etc.

I hate the distraction of having the tv display on.

I use the tv optical digital out into a DAC, then analog into a fine stereo system.

I hate the low quality sound of sound bars and built in tv speakers.

The newer Sony tv have discontinued the picture off button on the remote.

A big mistake for music lovers and home theater, IMO.

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
WOW! Nobody cares or knows about this feature.
I am going to keep my 2015 hdtv for as long as it works.
Picture off on remote is a must have.

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
I just bought a 2021 Sony Bravia HDTV and there is a setting for picture off accessible on the remote.

Works great for Apple Music and Amazon music when you do not want to display artwork when listening to music playback only.

I use a good d/a converter via optical from the tv, and the output of the d/a converter into an external stereo system.

I can not stand the built in audio on hdtv sets or sound bars.

Great audio playback is a “must have“ to fully enjoy movies and TV shows.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing