Looking for a matched pair of Siemens cca's

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Don't want to go the ebay route and tube dealers want too much $$$$. Anyone? Thanks.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Don't want to go the ebay route and tube dealers want too much $$$$. Anyone? Thanks.

I always thought that Mark at Tube Museum had fair prices.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Thanks, but Upscale has better retail prices. I am looking more to buy from a trusted WBF member (individual).

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks, but Upscale has better retail prices. I am looking more to buy from a trusted WBF member (individual).

$360 for a NOS matched and tested pair from Uncle Kevin seems reasonable. How much are you willing to spend for a probably used pair that aren't graded and tested from a trusted member on WBF?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
$360 for a NOS matched and tested pair from Uncle Kevin seems reasonable. How much are you willing to spend for a probably used pair that aren't graded and tested from a trusted member on WBF?

Thanks, but they have to be at least tested. I found a local guy here in Marin that has 2 matched pair, tested, for $250 (if they are not already sold).

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Upscale Siemen Cca is 70's version and no better than a regular e88cc but with premium price.

I have a pair of Siemen 60's grey plate Cca with low hours bought from PCX years ago. In current system, I actually prefer 60's Siemen e88cc so Cca is open to offers. :D BTW, 60's Telefunken e88cc at Upscale is also excellent and worth a roll.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Upscale Siemen Cca is 70's version and no better than a regular e88cc but with premium price.

I have a pair of Siemen 60's grey plate Cca with low hours bought from PCX years ago. In current system, I actually prefer 60's Siemen e88cc so Cca is open to offers. :D BTW, 60's Telefunken e88cc at Upscale is also excellent and worth a roll.

Appreciate reply. Yes, 60's are better then the Siemen's '70's. Please pm me your asking price. PCX has a 60's grey plate cca on sale for $147. And on a-gon for $250 obo for a pair.

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Appreciate reply. Yes, 60's are better then the Siemen's '70's. Please pm me your asking price. PCX has a 60's grey plate cca on sale for $147. And on a-gon for $250 obo for a pair.
If you can get Siemens 60's grey plate cca for $147, go for it! That's much much less than I paid years ago and current market value. GL!

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
You might want to contact Tango Tubes (Roland) in Sweden for CCa tubes: http://www.tangotubes.com/ . They are going to be pricey. I have bought Siemens ECC83 and Telefunken E188C tubes from him and they were all true to form. Tube Monger in the US recently advertised some Mullard CV4109 tubes, if they strike your fancy.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
You might want to contact Tango Tubes (Roland) in Sweden for CCa tubes: http://www.tangotubes.com/ . They are going to be pricey. I have bought Siemens ECC83 and Telefunken E188C tubes from him and they were all true to form. Tube Monger in the US recently advertised some Mullard CV4109 tubes, if they strike your fancy.

I think we are looking here for a super deal from someone who wants to unload a pair of Siemens CCA tubes.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Well, I found someone local (20 minutes from me) with a super deal on some CCa's. So, thanks everyone.

rspyder

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2021
I always thought that Mark at Tube Museum had fair prices.
I asked Mark for a matched pair of Telefunken ECC802S. He said he had a pair, but they were Siemens E82CC and when I questioned whether they were true Siemen's ECC802s, this was his response:

You are incorrect.

These are TRUE AUTHENTIC TELEFUNKEN < > DIAMOND ECC802S.

Makes me think you are seeing the wrong pictures. Or, are ignorant about Telefunkn ECC802S tubes and their inner architecture.

E82CC Siemens are TOTALLY different - se he 2 meal tabs? See the < > between the glass.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Please, don’t insult my intelligence.

Mark

Needless to say, I was taken back by the tone and content of his response and the barrage of equally insulting emails that followed from Mark even though I told him I didn't want to hear from him anymore. SH ECC 802 tubes have a triple Mica and are not the same as standard E82CC Siemens or, in terms of quality, an Ulm Tele ECC802S. It gets weirder. The Tube Museum continues to show and offer for sale true SH and Tele ECC802, but when you try to order them, Mark tries to sell you something different and claims equivalency. When you question Mark, this is the response you get.

It's a further example of how hard it is to find reliable sources for genuine NOS/NIB tubes that are accurately described. I've had better results buying from European sources lately.

Last edited:

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019
I asked Mark for a matched pair of Telefunken ECC802S. He said he had a pair, but they were Siemens E82CC and when I questioned whether they were true Siemen's ECC802s, this was his response:

You are incorrect.

These are TRUE AUTHENTIC TELEFUNKEN < > DIAMOND ECC802S.

Makes me think you are seeing the wrong pictures. Or, are ignorant about Telefunkn ECC802S tubes and their inner architecture.

E82CC Siemens are TOTALLY different - se he 2 meal tabs? See the < > between the glass.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Please, don’t insult my intelligence.

Mark

Needless to say, I was taken back by the tone and content of his response and the barrage of equally insulting emails that followed from Mark even though I told him I didn't want to hear from him anymore. SH ECC 802 tubes have a triple Mica and are not the same as standard E82CC Siemens or, in terms of quality, an Ulm Tele ECC802S. It gets weirder. The Tube Museum continues to show and offer for sale true SH and Tele ECC802, but when you try to order them, Mark tries to sell you something different and claims equivalency. When you question Mark, this is the response you get.

It's a further example of how hard it is to find reliable sources for genuine NOS/NIB tubes that are accurately described. I've had better results buying from European sources lately.
I commented on your other thread, Mark must be a real head case.
I just noticed in your OP that he was trolling you with emails. What is wrong with this guy?

rspyder

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2021
Hi. It's hard to say. I had chalked it up to a bad day on Mark's part. However, recent comments from some folks on Audiogon Forum suggest it's a personality thing. My assessment, to avoid making things personal, is that years back The Tube Museum had a really good inventory of NOS/NIB tubes. It's badly depleted, so The Tube Museum continues to show/offer product as being "in stock" so when inquiries are made Mark can sell what he has as being equivalent.

I've blocked him from my Gmail, so the drama is over. At least for me. My post to this thread was to share facts so prospective buyers can make an informed decision. That's how an effective marketplace works best.

I'm trying to land a matched pair of NOS Siemens Halske CCa tubes to try in my Horizon (when it arrives) as converter tubes for S&Gs. Pretty much a Unicorn search.

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019
Hi. It's hard to say. I had chalked it up to a bad day on Mark's part. However, recent comments from some folks on Audiogon Forum suggest it's a personality thing. My assessment, to avoid making things personal, is that years back The Tube Museum had a really good inventory of NOS/NIB tubes. It's badly depleted, so The Tube Museum continues to show/offer product as being "in stock" so when inquiries are made Mark can sell what he has as being equivalent.

I've blocked him from my Gmail, so the drama is over. At least for me. My post to this thread was to share facts so prospective buyers can make an informed decision. That's how an effective marketplace works best.

I'm trying to land a matched pair of NOS Siemens Halske CCa tubes to try in my Horizon (when it arrives) as converter tubes for S&Gs. Pretty much a Unicorn search.
Good luck with the Siemens CCA's. I find your post to be valuable to all of us in tube world.

Reactions: adrian cheng

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing