Looking for opinions on Concert Fidelity amps ....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Anyone own or have heard the Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE or ZL-200 amps? They seem to be paired with TAD at some audio shows. Thank you.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I had the ZL-200 at home for a couple of weeks. Good resolution and microdynamics, but not enough meat on the bones for my taste. Maybe if you mate it with the CF pre, equipped with some warm sounding NOS tubes, that will balance itself out. The ZL-200 is the polar oposite the the warm and fluid MSB monos.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
One of the better TAD matches from what I heard at recent shows. I preferred the Vac Phi 200 on the same speaker, but the CFs impressed. They demo'd with Ref3A Grand Veenas the prior year and sounded great as well. Not warm persay, but definitely not cool. The Zesto/Vac combination on the TAD evos was really, really good.

on the other hand, i think the CFs are (very) overpriced- and the resale value reflects this.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
We have used the CR1 with ZL-200 and 120V2SE at shows and for me personally for a month in my room. They make a good pairing as you have heard, with the resolution capabilities of the speaker and the transparency of the amplifiers, micro detail and space is very audible leading to a more credible performance. HF and mid ranges are wonderful, though if there is a slight downside, the real LF is light, but, it is very very clean. As UK distributor, I generally don't like to promote on forums but as you asked about a combo that is clearly excellent and one I have some time with, I thought it might be acceptable to reply.. Our set up at the first showing of both products in the UK (image below) received many best of show comments, with many listeners staying put for an hour or more. If you prize refinement over punch, it would be worth seeking a demo.

NAS 13 Chapel-5.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing