'Lord of the Rings' individual releases on Blu-Ray

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
June 28th for the extended versions of LOTR.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
If they can fit each movie on to a single Blu-ray disc without sacrificing the picture and audio quality, I'll be really happy. Stick all the extras on other discs to maximise room for the movie itself!

Does anyone know if the movies themselves are a straight port for content from the dvd versions or are they EE'd even more??

Blu-ray.com has posted new info on the EE release:

Each movie will be split across two discs. Audio will be 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The Fellowship of the Ring has been remastered from the original 2k digital files.
and a lot more here: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6045

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
LOTR EE Trilogy on Blu!

WOW! Two Blu-ray discs per each movie! :cool: ...Should be top-notch Picture.

* That is three more discs than what I previously guessed (15-disc set from my guess of a 12-disc set).
- I'll be getting this EE Trilogy set in a heartbeat! ...And I already have the Theatrical Trilogy BD version (9-disc set)!
And I also have the Extended Editions on DVDs (12-disc set). ...And also the Theatrical DVD versions (6 discs total)!

That will be a grand total of 42 discs for the ENTIRE LOTR EE & Theatrical Trilogy on both DVDs and Blu-rays! :eek: ...Ouch!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing